Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

Charlton vs Northampton Post match views

Get in. Good result and we played well. And to think I was worried the suspensions of Crofts and Novak would come back to bite us

Over to you

Comments

• Options
    What a shift!! Sounded like KAG and Konsa had great cameos. Could have been 5 or 6! Plymouth game all but forgotten. If we can add another striker, we might be pretty tough
  • Options

Not seen them yet - but sounds like a couple of blinding goals from Holmes and JFC

• Options
    Great performance. Could have scored 7 or 8.

Only criticism is we wasted alot of chances which caused a bit tension in the last 10 minutes
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    SDAddick said:

Ahhhhhhhhhhh that was fun.

Chelsea are short in midfield. When they come in for Kashi, we should accept nothing less than £25m.

WHY IS THIS GETTING "LOLs"?!??!?!

Oh wait, do you think we should hold out for £30m? If so, that's a good point ;)
  • Options
    edited August 2017
    Not great in the first half, but more than made up for that in the 2nd. We could have easily scored 7 today.

Clarke had a great game - he will always put a shift in, has a good footballing brain and a bit of skill as well.

Only real downside was the lack of communication between Amos and the centre Backs in the 1st half. Amos also dwells on the ball a bit too long - however made a couple of good saves to keep us in front. Much better in the 2nd half though.

• Options
    Sounds great. Looking forward to seeing the goals later.
  • Options
    That was the best I have seen us play for years. Brilliant.
  • Options
    Clarke, Fosu and Holmes stood out but all the players were fantastic. Add a striker and we will be in the mix at the top of the table.
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    Clarke was the difference.
    Football brains.
    Back four also showed intelligence.
    Hope springs.....
  • Options
    I really enjoyed that match and we played really good football.
  • Options
    Some of the best attacking play that I've seen since probably our last promotion season and we totally deserved three or four goals.

That said, we did let the Cobblers in a few too many times for my liking. A better team would've scored more than once this afternoon. Hope Robinson has a plan for tackling this going forward.
  • Options
    That central midfield three were superb all afternoon. Knocking the ball around well and working hard. Not much more you can ask from them. Holmes was absolutely terrific as well. Didn't quite come off for Fosu but apart from that thought everyone else had good games.
  • Options
    Not one poor performance, everyone doing their job with effort and pride it makes the difference.

Amos alleviated my initial concerns with some great saves and a solid display. Billy Clarke was something else today. Our two marquee signings waiting in the wings - might struggle to get in the starting eleven at this rate.