Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.

England v West Indies 2017

Comments

• Root dropped at 1st slip off Gabriel. It was an absolute dolly.

bumbaclart
  • edited August 2017
    Malan b Holder 8

71-4
  • Malan fails as well. Roll on the Ashes :neutral:
  • edited August 2017
    Still 3 batsmen short! Big worry for the winter.
  • We can carry 3 players at home all summer, the Aussies will destroy us down there.
  • Stokes dropped in the slips.

108-4
  • Root c Blackwood b Bishoo 59
  • 152-6, Bairstow out.
  • tight affair this one. I think we'll get around 250-280 & they wont be too far behind on 1st innings. Just hope we can bat better 2nd time around.
  • Sponsored links:

• We'll get 230, they'll get 75
  • Leuth said:

We'll get 230, they'll get 75

That's probably more like it. Especially as Chanderpaul aint there to block us.
  • CHG said:

We can carry 3 players at home all summer, the Aussies will destroy us down there.

Surely they have to do something now, first step surely is to bring Bairstow up the order.
  • CHG said:

We can carry 3 players at home all summer, the Aussies will destroy us down there.

Surely they have to do something now, first step surely is to bring Bairstow up the order.
    Ban on. We are shirt of a batsman or 3 and we have someone who is proven at this level and is coming off the back of a very good year. Bat him 5. If it means taking the gloves off him and bringing in a keeper then do so. It's for the good of the team. Not his choice.

Then we are only looking for 2 batsmen not 3.
  • CHG said:

Ban on. We are shirt of a batsman or 3 and we have someone who is proven at this level and is coming off the back of a very good year. Bat him 5. If it means taking the gloves off him and bringing in a keeper then do so. It's for the good of the team. Not his choice.

And another wicket keeper batsman.. Bairstow is very settled in his role in the side now and always improving with the gloves. Don't see the point of moving him around now
  • Stokes dropped again on 98, but gets his ton!
  • Stokes out for 100.

Broad then dropped and now out bowled by Gabriel.

258-9
  • WI look a completely different team with two actual fast bowlers. They just need one more, really. And some catching practice
  • 258 All Out

Woakes caught behind off Roach.
  • Leuth said:

We'll get 230, they'll get 75

Well we've gone past 230 let's see how close you are with 75.
    I reckon 175
  • Sponsored links:

• Powell c Cook b Anderson 5

11-1
  • 7 more needed for Jimmy's 500
  • I have a feeling the Windies will surprise everyone & get a small lead. I reckon they will get around 280-300. Their bowling has improved & so will their batting. I still think we will win, but will be tight.
  • I just have a feeling that the Windies will get 350. The big question is what are we going to do with Westley and Malan if they fail in the second innings? I think they should be dropped, but who would come in?
  • CHG said:

And another wicket keeper batsman.. Bairstow is very settled in his role in the side now and always improving with the gloves. Don't see the point of moving him around now
    Except England seem to be blessed with keepers. Finding someone to bat 7 is much easier than a 5. Bairstow is proven at this level and can comfortably bat 5.
  • If the ball continues to nip around today I think we will take control of the test. A better performance from the Windies yesterday, but they couldn't have been any worse.
  • Perhaps a team like this one for the Ashes.
    Cook, Stoneman, Hameed, Root, Bairstow, Stokes, Moeen, Woakes,Broad, Anderson, Crane.
  • edited August 2017
    Interesting points on TMS today - they were saying Stokes is having knee troubles so should it become a big issue, he might need to be bowled very sparingly, and so could bat at 5 with TRJ coming in as the extra bowler.
  • Interesting points on TMS today - they were saying Stokes is having knee troubles so should it become a big issue, he might need to be bowled very sparingly, and so could bat at 5 with TRJ imcoming in as the extra bowler.

I would go with 5 seamers anyway as that's our strength:
    Bairstow, Stokes, Ali, Woakes, TRJ, Broad, Anderson

Good team from 5 to 11, it's just finding the two batsman.
  • Interesting points on TMS today - they were saying Stokes is having knee troubles so should it become a big issue, he might need to be bowled very sparingly, and so could bat at 5 with TRJ imcoming in as the extra bowler.

I wouldn't mind that.