Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.

Comments

• Options
    well now we know RD and the poodles arnt going anywhere soon.
  • Options
    edited August 2017

well now we know RD and the poodles arnt going anywhere soon.

Or she's still angling for her next career move.

If the club was sold and she left would her replacement at Charlton take up this meaningless position by default?
  • Options
    Padding out her CV. It's not like there's any actual work involved which should suit her just fine!
  • Options
    Booo!!!!!!!!
  • Options
    and were surprised at this, joke of an organisation.
  • Options
    I'm sure there's a Chris Kamara phrase for this.
  • Options
    She must have missed out on the job for the hot air balloon inflator.
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    proof that you can fool a lot of the people for a lot of the time ... (female tokenism also plays a part I am sure)
  • Options
    Anybody want to have a guess how many members there are on the FA Council? (And how many of those represent fans?)
  • Options
    seth plum said:

Was there an election? I understand that last time there were four or five vacancies and only two people who said they would, err, do it. (Do what?).
    If there were two vacancies, twenty candidates, and Katrien won a fair election then it might warrant some respect.
    If it is a welcome box ticking exercise for the FA then it saddens criticism if it is used by the FA as an example of diversity.
    There is no evidence that I can see that suggests that Katrien Meire would add any value, or be of any benefit to the Football Association. The Football Association is supposed to care for the game as a whole, perhaps Katrien will attend a game between Lincoln Griffin's and Sleaford Ladies in order to be aware of football happening under the auspices of the Football Association.

If there was a campaign to get her a full time job at the FA, then my signature and a reference if required would be on it. The FA has been a mess for years. Another one of that ability won't make them any worse.

• Options

But Meire has helped Addicks boss Karl Robinson build a squad this summer that they hope will be able to push for League One promotion.

Towing the party line there in that article.
  • Options
    Unbelievable....but can't say I'm surprised to see identity politics being considered more important than competency.

Oh to live in a meritocracy.
  • Options
    I would have thought running Charlton would have been a full time job and some by its self, if done properly.
    I'm also a little curious what the FA position involves. I cant see how you can do two jobs unless it involves 7 day working and an increase in daily hours. Then again she is top of the tree anything concerning football.
  • Options
    Can we get a striker and another goalkeeper in first before she takes up her position?
  • Options
    cafcfan said:

I'm sure there's a Chris Kamara phrase for this.

Inconceivable!
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    Macronate said:

Can we get a striker and another goalkeeper in first before she takes up her position?

Can she just f**k off back where she came from
  • Options
    There is being desperate and then there is BEING FUCKING DESPERATE!!!!
  • Options
    seth plum said:

Was there an election? I understand that last time there were four or five vacancies and only two people who said they would, err, do it. (Do what?).
    If there were two vacancies, twenty candidates, and Katrien won a fair election then it might warrant some respect.
    If it is a welcome box ticking exercise for the FA then it warrants criticism if it is used by the FA as an example of diversity.
    There is no evidence that I can see that suggests that Katrien Meire would add any value, or be of any benefit to the Football Association. The Football Association is supposed to care for the game as a whole, perhaps Katrien will attend a game between Lincoln Griffin's and Sleaford Ladies in order to be aware of football happening under the auspices of the Football Association.

It's cv building at it's very best. Volunteer for a job that sounds impressive but that no-one else wants and that no-one will notice your results. Well done Katrien you are the very best at looking after number 1.

In other news, Kim Wrong Un is up for a Nobel peace price.
  • Options
    Well Done Kat, Fantastic achievement getting re-elected without having to face a vote.
    You are special.
  • Options
    I do believe I tried to tell you this last week on the Aussie thread

Told you it's either off or she is staying due to this very issue
  • Options
    Congratulations Katie but hope you realise you've got the job simply because of a quota and not because of how good you are!!
  • Options
    Presumably, the appointment was conditional on Tom Rubinshaw's gaffer tape not being removed from her gob for the duration of the season.
  • Options
    cafcfan said:

Anybody want to have a guess how many members there are on the FA Council? (And how many of those represent fans?)

Okay clearly not. But that's not going to stop me. There are 126 (24 of whom don't get a vote*); two of them represent fans. Is it any wonder it takes the FA an age to get stuff done?

*What is the point of non-voting members?
  • Options
    cafcfan said:

Is it 126?