Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.

Argentinian Hunter Trampled And Killed By Elephant In Namibia

An Argentinian man in Namibia was trampled and killed by an elephant Saturday, according to the Namibia Press Agency Monday. Jose Monzalvez, 46, was hunting in a group Saturday afternoon when he was trampled by an elephant in a private wildlife area 70 kilometers (43 miles) from the town of Kalkfeld.

He and four others were following a group of elephants on the farm. One of the elephants charged at the group before they could assemble to shoot it. Monzalvez, who worked for an oil company, was with three Namibians and another Argentine when he was killed, according to Otjozondjupa regional police spokesperson warrant officer Maureen Mbeha. Monzalvez had a hunting permit with him at the time of his death. All five members of the group were professional trophy hunters.

What a terrible shame ....................................................... that the elephant didn't trample the other fucking killers.

Comments

• pity is wasn't Diego(hand of god) Maradona
  • Get ready for the Ricky Gervais Twitter jizz fest over this.
  • I hope he had a slow and painful death
  • Oh dear, what a shame, never mind.

But what is a "professional" trophy hunter? Surely only some form of amateur moron would do it? How can there be money in it? Or was he in reality some form of tracker?
  • It's a tragedy, only ONE Argentinian!
  • Hunting is very popular with the nouveau riche in S America.
    It's all a power thing, which disgusts me.
  • Sponsored links:

• edited August 2017
    Elephants 1 Argentina 0, go elephants
  • No Sympathy with Trophy killers, people to hunt to eat is a whole different thing but people who kill animals for fun are utter wrongings.

what about the culling of animals?
  • No Sympathy with Trophy killers, people to hunt to eat is a whole different thing but people who kill animals for fun are utter wrongings.

If it needs to be done, why not. Don't understand why people would get pleasure out of it though.

Agree with Yoni, Unpleasant but there must logical reason behind it & not just for a laugh.
  • Sadly this elephant will most likely be killed because of this, if it hasn't been already
  • cabbles said:

Obviously feel for the family of the man who lost his life, but absolutely zero sympathy for the man himself. To cross to another continent to hunt a defenceless animal is wrong, and i'm glad it cost him his life, when it would've been the elephant instead

I think the elephant proved to be anything but defenceless!!
  • So many Argentines, not enough elephants!
  • Sadly this elephant will most likely be killed because of this, if it hasn't been already

One of the other guys shot the elephant who then collapsed and died on the hunter which in turn killed the hunter.

If it was in a hunting reserve then it was probably destined to die sooner or later anyway.

I think these places are horrible but all the time people will pay to use them hey will exist.
  • Sponsored links:

If it was in a hunting reserve then it was probably destined to die sooner or later anyway.

I think these places are horrible but all the time people will pay to use them hey will exist.
    We're all destined to die sooner or later anyway, you, me, the elephant and the hunter

• bobmunro said:

cabbles said:

Obviously feel for the family of the man who lost his life, but absolutely zero sympathy for the man himself. To cross to another continent to hunt a defenceless animal is wrong, and i'm glad it cost him his life, when it would've been the elephant instead

I think the elephant proved to be anything but defenceless!!
    Okay, let's say unarmed :smile:
  • Maybe the elephant should cut the dead man's head off and mount it above his fireplace.

Yes, to show how much he admired the man.

We're all destined to die sooner or later anyway, you, me, the elephant and the hunter

This got Hemingway-esque very quickly.
  • Not one single jot of sympathy from me.
  • cafcfan said:

Sadly this elephant will most likely be killed because of this, if it hasn't been already

Thank you for your contribution Captain Obvious.

I think you've missed the point, a bit like the hunter
  • cafcfan said:

Sadly this elephant will most likely be killed because of this, if it hasn't been already

Thank you for your contribution Captain Obvious.

what has abseiling got to do with slippery surfaces ?
  • Cracking news!