Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.

Plymouth 2 Charlton 0 Post Match Thread

1234568»

Comments

• Daggs said:

That horrible Blue kit reminds of the one Ferguson insisted was dumped by Man Utd.

I quite like the blue kit.

Should never have been used away at Plymouth though.
    I found it didn't contrast enough with the Argyle green shirts, the green painted ground and their crowd wearing green.

I forget what colour the grass was.

• based on watching 12 minutes of highlights Amos is a complete and utter liability, bring back Phillips

I think Amos has looked pretty awful so far but Tarby has rubbished Phillips so much that he won't play him. If we stick with Amos we'll really struggle unless he suddenly improves.
  • edited August 2017
    Oggy Red said:

Daggs said:

That horrible Blue kit reminds of the one Ferguson insisted was dumped by Man Utd.

I found it didn't contrast enough with the Argyle green shirts, the green painted ground and their crowd wearing green.

Made absolutely no sense to wear it. Red would've been far better against a team in green, but I'm a little old fashioned and would've preferred Bristol Rovers to have been wearing their trademark blue and white quarters the previous week instead of black (?).
  • Oggy Red said:

Daggs said:

Golfie Jnr said as much and moaned a few times that he couldn't make our the different sets of players. At one point in the first half one of our players *can't remember who, but think it was a defender) played a long diagonal ball out of play to a player warming up wearing a bib.....

We both couldn't understand why we didn't wear red - the away colours should only be worn when your colours (Red shirt & white shorts) clash with the home team. I would be interested to know who made the decision to wear the blue kit.........KR?? KM ?? The kit man ??? A N Other ??
  • It's probably an agreement with kit manufacturers that most clubs will have. Home games played in the home kit, away games played in the away kit unless it clashes. Then the away kit gets almost as much exposure as the home kit and so probably more sales?

I don't know. To tell the truth I made all that up but it seems like the logical explanation to me.
  • edited August 2017

It's probably an agreement with kit manufacturers that most clubs will have. Home games played in the home kit, away games played in the away kit unless it clashes. Then the away kit gets almost as much exposure as the home kit and so probably more sales?

I don't know. To tell the truth I made all that up but it seems like the logical explanation to me.

I think I've heard something similar. Who cares about the tradition of the game and our clubs, it's all about the money.
  • It's probably an agreement with kit manufacturers that most clubs will have. Home games played in the home kit, away games played in the away kit unless it clashes. Then the away kit gets almost as much exposure as the home kit and so probably more sales?

I imagine that's the case. Where it gets stupid is where the change kit being worn is more like the opposition's home kit than our own home kit!
  • edited August 2017

It's probably an agreement with kit manufacturers that most clubs will have. Home games played in the home kit, away games played in the away kit unless it clashes. Then the away kit gets almost as much exposure as the home kit and so probably more sales?

It used to be that each of the three parts of a kit had to be a different colour. (And keepers had to have a different colour top from both teams to make it easier for the refs to spot whether it was the keeper that handled the ball or not. I guess this is why green is not a very common colour for outfield players as this was the default shirt for keepers.)

This concept must have changed because some teams seem to wear the same colour socks as each other these days. But I think it still applies to shorts and Plymouth wear white shorts. The simple solution would have been for Charlton to play in all red. Perhaps Hummel have not provided any red shorts? (Do we have a sponsor's name on the shorts?)

It was also bad at Exeter. Their floodlights are not the best and it seemed very easy to lose one of our players against the background in those blue kits.

I recall we played at the old den in grey in mid-winter (1988/89?) and you actually could not see our players at all because the spanners' floodlights were so poor. It was like our away kit was camouflage. (We lost, of course.)

Edited to add: From the FA's web site:

"The two teams must wear colours that distinguish them from each other and the match officials."

Each goalkeeper must wear colours that are distinguishable from the other players and the match officials. If the two goalkeepers’ shirts are the same colour and neither has another shirt, the referee allows the match to be played.

Undershirts must be the same colour as the main colour of the shirt sleeve; undershorts/tights must be the same colour as the main colour of the shorts or the lowest part of the shorts - players of the same team must wear the same colour."

It is also of note that any tape on socks is supposed to be the same colour as the sock.
  • edited August 2017
  • Oggy Red said:

Daggs said:

Golfie Jnr said as much and moaned a few times that he couldn't make our the different sets of players. At one point in the first half one of our players *can't remember who, but think it was a defender) played a long diagonal ball out of play to a player warming up wearing a bib.....

We both couldn't understand why we didn't wear red - the away colours should only be worn when your colours (Red shirt & white shorts) clash with the home team. I would be interested to know who made the decision to wear the blue kit.........KR?? KM ?? The kit man ??? A N Other ??
    Marketing Department probably.
  • Sponsored links:

• Oggy Red said:

Daggs said:

Then it seems you are likely to be entirely sane. There is a standard test for psychiatrists attempting to ascertain whether a defendant is malingering (in the legal sense) during a court case and just claiming to be unable to stand trial because of their mental incapacity.

It is "what colour is grass?". It seems genuinely mad people have no problem with this question. It is only those who say stuff like "oh my head, it hurts"; "they are trying to kill me" or "I forget what colour the grass was" who are malingerers capable of understanding the court process.

I expect you are relieved.
  • So, we were damn lucky to scrape past Bristol Rovers, whom we beat 5-1 and 4-1 last season, and were roundly beaten by Plymouth, who were in the bottom tier last year. Great. Two men sent off in two games, but seeing as they were Novak and Crofts, their suspensions might be a blessing.

Our friend the chirpy Scouser may have dicked around with one up front at MK Dons (he relegated them below even us), but he ain't going to get away with it here. I was breast-fed on Hales, Flanagan and Walshy, and I demand action. Forget the excuses; Robinson's powder-puff attack is an insult to the several hundred fans who made the round trip of 450 miles on Saturday – to watch us miss. Again.

My mate gives him until the end of October: home to Wimbledon, who beat us last year. If we aren't scoring and winning well, Duchatelet will be quite right in giving the Scouse git the heave-ho.

I was just thinking the other day that what we need is more sacking of managers.
  • So, we were damn lucky to scrape past Bristol Rovers, whom we beat 5-1 and 4-1 last season, and were roundly beaten by Plymouth, who were in the bottom tier last year. Great. Two men sent off in two games, but seeing as they were Novak and Crofts, their suspensions might be a blessing.

Our friend the chirpy Scouser may have dicked around with one up front at MK Dons (he relegated them below even us), but he ain't going to get away with it here. I was breast-fed on Hales, Flanagan and Walshy, and I demand action. Forget the excuses; Robinson's powder-puff attack is an insult to the several hundred fans who made the round trip of 450 miles on Saturday – to watch us miss. Again.

My mate gives him until the end of October: home to Wimbledon, who beat us last year. If we aren't scoring and winning well, Duchatelet will be quite right in giving the Scouse git the heave-ho.

I was just thinking the other day that what we need is more sacking of managers.
    Football is f*****.

Orient and us lead the way in craziness on the managerial sacking front, but the average timespan for a manager must be 12-15 months.