Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

Plymouth 2 Charlton 0 Post Match Thread

Comments

• Options
    Is Reeves injured already? Where was he today?....not even on the bench.
  • Options

On train. Pretty but too deep and lacking cutting edge. That's it really. Dominated possession but can't say we ever looked overly threatening. Not many teams will have more possession than us but we succumbed to obvious league one strengths. We're we unlucky ? No not really. We're Plymouth? A bit I think. Gutted but reality check big time. Fans fantastic as ever.

Agreed, we had nothing up top whatsoever.
  • Options

Is Reeves injured already? Where was he today?....not even on the bench.

Slight injury
  • Options
    Doubt he is up to speed fitness wise
  • Options

I can see big Mick Nescafé(ing) us off now .

I hate to correct you, but I think you mean Maxwell House.
  • Options
    Uboat said:

I can see big Mick Nescafé(ing) us off now .

I hate to correct you, but I think you mean Maxwell House.
    My memory's going but you got my drift !!!
  • Options

Were we gonna win the league after last week? No. Are we gonna get relegated off the back of this? No. What is a concern, though, is that Plymouth played how a lot of teams are gonna set up against us; they got eleven men behind the ball, they defended stoutly, they nicked a goal and then they defended some more. We played well in the first half, Magennis should of scored at least twice, but they seemed to figure us out and we looked pretty lost for ideas throughout the second period. Reeves should improve the situation as he should be able to pick the pass that none of of the current '3' can. What's clear, though, is we need a plan B for when teams do this to us, which is likely to involve a new striker who can be relied on to consistently hit the net, because for all Big Mag's qualities I think today demonstrated he isn't a 20+ goal a season man.

That is an effective way to play against one up front - easier to stifle.
  • Options
    Where do we find strikers we can afford and can do the job for us?

Unlikely we're going to get any player in any clubs 1st team, unless we offer stupid money, can't see that happening.

Anyone else will be a lottery, Andy Jones springs to mind.
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    I'd like to see us not having to play unfit players to maintain the system, but even with a fit forward, we have to have a plan B. When we are chasing a game - Seeing as we have two full backs who can get forwards, I'd bring the number 10 off, replace with Sarr, pushing the full backs up. Gives us a bit of extra height for set pieces too.
  • Options
    edited August 2017
    Edit : It was Nescafé I found a video but it was a bit rude so took it down

Rude words

Friendlier one

https://youtu.be/2YCxZ2q7zdc
  • Options
    Talk of strikers is all very well but I get the impression that the defending is not too great either.
  • Options
    vffvff
    edited August 2017
    I am hoping that by the end of the transfer window that the seasons squad weakness is not a lack of fire power, cover or versatility in attack. Hopefully with confirmation of Watt's departure that there is budget space to resolve the current clear squad weakness.

I hope Robinson is supported by Duchatelet to get in decent striker cover that allows back up for Magennis (& for Magennis to be rested properly / not rushed back from injury as happened today & happened to Vetekele with Peeters). Also that a plan B is available when Plan A doesn't work.

Whether this happens or not will tell how successful Charlton's season will be.
  • Options
    Early season. Team missing Marshall and Reeves, with Magennis not at 100%. So whilst we need another forward (preferably two) as we lack quality and goalscoring up top, the only reason for this angst is because we think here we go again. Hopefully we add to the squad and get back on it soon.
  • Options
    edited August 2017
    But we can afford it, we have the richest owner in our history and we are one of his children in need, he could pay silly money for a striker(s) to fire us out of this league.

I belive the team have enough quality that the addition of a goal scorer or two would get us up and he must know that as well, if he doesnt then KM certainly does and should tell him.
  • Options

Talk of strikers is all very well but I get the impression that the defending is not too great either.

I think that's more an organisational thing?
  • Options
    Just woke up from a nice afternoon kip, did I miss anything?
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    edited August 2017
    cfgs said:

Early season. Team missing Marshall and Reeves, with Magennis not at 100%. So whilst we need another forward (preferably two) as we lack quality and goalscoring up top, the only reason for this angst is because we think here we go again. Hopefully we add to the squad and get back on it soon.

Magennis not 100% - but no other options, not deep into January - but the second game of the season FFS!
  • Options

cfgs said:

Magennis not 100% - but no other options, not deep into January - but the second game of the season FFS!
    But the reason we are so pished off because we don't trust the idiots that run the club to allow KR the chance to improve the options. TBH who plays an unfit player upfront alone anyway?
  • Options
    Watched the stream. Good first half but didn't take any of our chances. Poor second, Plymouth looked in control for most of it.

Obvious thing is to say we need a goalscorer but the whole team needs to do better. None of them took chances in the first half, as a team we didn't create enough in the second.

Even if a striker gets 20 goals you probably need at least 50 goals from elsewhere in the squad to be in the top 6.
  • Options

cfgs said:

You're right but for me the fear is, as usual, we fail to address our weaknesses.

Of course that's not necessarily the managers fault but the owner.

Is he likely to heed the call and as I said where do we find a 20 goal a season striker, they're hardly in abundance?
  • Options
    edited August 2017
    I was in the Grandstand with a PAFC. Friend

We looked strong for the first fifteen minutes and I was surprised we didn't score . There after we looked pretty but didn't ever really threaten

Greater double Save was the turning point
  • Options

Edit : It was Nescafé I found a video but it was a bit rude so took it down

Rude words

Friendlier one

https://youtu.be/2YCxZ2q7zdc

Well I can't argue with that evidence.
    Have I gone mad, or was the 'shake' originally associated with Maxwell House or have I been caught up in my very own Fake Shake scandal?
  • Options
    edited August 2017
    cfgs said:

cfgs said:

But the reason we are so pished off because we don't trust the idiots that run the club to allow KR the chance to improve the options. TBH who plays an unfit player upfront alone anyway?
    I'm a bit concerned as well about Robinson's tactical abilities - just like last season, when for far too long he held to "the system", regardless of the ability of the squad to deliver winning results using it, I worry that today demonstrated a worrying continued inflexibility on his part.
  • Options
    cfgs said:

cfgs said:

A manager with no real choice?