Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.

Addicks v's Plymouth match thread 12.08.17

Comments

• Scoham said:

Nicholas said:

Bloody Reeves out with an injury. I bet him not having a pre season is going to make him have a stop start season with us. For someone as injury prone as him a stupid decision to leave it so late to sign for a club.

KM on Reeves

"We felt it was important to bring in a talented but injury prone player. This will give us an excuse when things inevitably go wrong."
    Same old sh*t then, just a different day............not you Scoham, KM :wink: .
  • Clarke will be a more valuable player for us than Reeves imo
  • C'mon you rip roaring free scoring Addicks!
  • nothing on Valley Pass yet?
  • stonemuse said:

nothing on Valley Pass yet?

ok it's on
  • After the Greenwich Borough friendly Robinson was very attentive to RHF. Looks like he at least foresaw the need to utilise the lad fairly soon.
    A bit like Joe Piggot RHF has the nerve and ability to retain a degree of possession and show a bit of skill when he has the ball in the area. he has shown thus far to be a similar finisher to Piggott when Piggott was at this stage of his career.
    RHF is very young, and he may well have a tendency to defer and shovel the ball along rather than have a go himself. I would encourage him to have a go all the time and be selfish, and not worry about missing. It is important he is managed more carefully than Piggott was. He is a tall, quite thin rather rangy player who may still have some filling out to do. I think it is reasonable for henry to be enthusiastic about RHF, but I can't see him carrying this season up front for us. if he does, and we are successful, then he might command a very high fee in the future, but it is really early days for him.
  • Sponsored links:

• edited August 2017
    Light the light on the front porch, once it's on you never want to turn it off any more.... NOW IT'S ON.
  • Yay JiMMy.
    Yo.
  • Ben Reeves has a slight calf injury and misses out this afternoon. Mark Marshall, Harry Lennon and Lewis Page remain sidelined. #cafc

— Charlton Athletic FC (@CAFCofficial) 12 August 2017

Oh god. It's started already. That's him out for a few weeks.
  • My urgency to get home for this caused at least three incidents of road rage, but I left the scene of each crime with a maniacal laugh. I had my priorities straight.

Anyway, I know almost nothing about Plymouth, so don't expect much on that front.
  • edited August 2017
    JiMMy 85 said:

My urgency to get home for this caused at least three incidents of road rage, but I left the scene of each crime with a maniacal laugh. I had my priorities straight.

Anyway, I know almost nothing about Plymouth, so don't expect much on that front.

Well you're about to go a Pilgrimage Jimmy, glad you made it :+1:
  • Teams are coming out.

When the Red Red Robin
    Goes bob bob bobbin’
    Along, along,
    There’ll be no more sobbin’
    As he keeps throbbin’
    His old, sweet song,
    Wake up! Wake up, you sleepy head.
    Get up! Get up get out of bed.
    Cheer up! Cheer up, the sun is red.
    Live, love, laugh and be happy!

What if I feel blue?
    I’ll go walking through
    Fields of flowers.
    Rain may glisten, but still I listen
    For hours, and hours.
    I’m like a kid again,
    Doing what I did again,
    Singing this song,
    When the Red Red Robin
    Goes bob bob bobbin’ along!

• Sponsored links:

• But I digress. The team's are out on the pitch, some old fashioned music that sounds really familiar... what is that?
  • John Brooks to referee.
  • It's Semper Fidelis, apparently. Marching band music the US Marines use. Must've been in a film or two.
  • Plymouth kicking the 'right' way for them, they kick off.
  • Bauer half clears, and danger here, pearce clears, Clarke and Fosu link, in and a shot off for our attacking throw.
  • edited August 2017
    We thought it was bad getting a man sent off after 5 minutes, Fulham have one sent off in the first minute. 31st second
  • Plymouth attack, Solly loses out in a challenge, Bauer clear, Sawyer crosses, flicked on, Blisset on the turn, Pearce clears, Clarke gets it to Fosu, down the left to JDS, into the box... Mag, to Clarke, shot... throw to us.
  • Anyone sent off yet?
  • We chip in but intercepted, keeper now long and they lose out for our throw in.
This discussion has been closed.

Roland Out Forever!