Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

POSITIVITY 100% SUPPORT

Comments

• Options
    Apologies if the article pasted has upset individuals..

Onwards and Upwards

• Options

JamesSeed said:

clb74 said:

So when's the next protest? Are anti Regime songs still being heard?

No and no
    Most folks think, well I do anyway, that what we're seeing on the pitch this season wouldn't have happened without the protests.
    The abject continued failure of his Network Project may have had something to do with it!
    Exactly.
  • Options
    clb74 said:

JamesSeed said:

clb74 said:

No and no
    Most folks think, well I do anyway, that what we're seeing on the pitch this season wouldn't have happened without the protests.

JamesSeed said:

clb74 said:

No and no
    Ditto, JS.

Something the die hard pro regimers will never acknowledge.
    Of course.
    I could sit here and say out of the games I've been to 4 out of 6 league I've heard no anti regime , anti Belgian songs ,chants.
    Perhaps the team are playing better because there are none.
    Oh dear, what a sad comment.

It really isn't rocket science:

They messed up our club by imposing this weird network idea, with a kid called Driesen pulling the recruitment strings.
    There were protests. It would have been absolutely tragic if there had been none.
    The combination of the protests and poor results (including relegation) has meant they have abandoned the network idea (and Driesen), and have gone along with what the fans and protesters wanted all along.

As a result we are now becoming more successful.

You final sentence is ridiculous, and not even worthy of response, although I'm sure others have, or will reply.
  • Options
    cafc_will said:

I do not know what that individual has said or done in the past...

In the present and the future, I believe the Team and club deserves our support. We all want the same thing which is promotion back where we were in the championship.. protests in the past have obviously had an effect for the better of the club which is why KR has been given full control, we have no interference which has been stated many times.
    What I liked about the article was the fact we all know what went on in the past, this season is different SO FAR and the team are playing good football.. I know some supporters do not want to return until RD sells but should we gain promotion and then be challenging at the top end of the championship playing good football with a team to relate to why miss these memories. In my opinion CARD and others actions in the past have obviously had an effect on how the Club Is run now.

Give up mate.
  • Options
    JamesSeed said:

cafc_will said:

This may help those on the Fence....

POSITIVITY

http://www.charlton.vitalfootball.co.uk/article.asp?a=504300

Mate, do you not read the replies on this thread. The whole idea of your thread it to have a pathetic, snarky go at the protesters, the very people who have brought about the changes that have brought success back to the Valley, so far, this season.

Positivity is good as a rule, but anybody trying to be positive over the last three years when Duchatelet was wrecking our club with his crackpot network ideas, should be placed in the stocks in Charlton Village. Or sat in the corner and made to wear a dunces cap.
    @JamesSeed you have taken the bait everytime this guy has thrown it out there...
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    Beardface said:

Yes! #rolandout

@tgarrat1 why have you flagged me for this - over 1 month since it was posted?
  • Options
    edited September 2017
    JamesSeed said:

clb74 said:

JamesSeed said:

clb74 said:

No and no

JamesSeed said:

clb74 said:

No and no
    Ditto, JS.

Of course.
    I could sit here and say out of the games I've been to 4 out of 6 league I've heard no anti regime , anti Belgian songs ,chants.

They messed up our club by imposing this weird network idea, with a kid called Driesen pulling the recruitment strings.
    There were protests. It would have been absolutely tragic if there had been none.
    The combination of the protests and poor results (including relegation) has meant they have abandoned the network idea (and Driesen), and have gone along with what the fans and protesters wanted all along.

You final sentence is ridiculous, and not even worthy of response, although I'm sure others have, or will reply.
    I'll reply to it, it should read: As a result
    JamesSeed said:

cafc_will said:

POSITIVITY

Mate, do you not read the replies on this thread. The whole idea of your thread it to have a pathetic, snarky go at the protesters, the very people who have brought about the changes that have brought success back to the Valley, so far, this season.

Positivity is good as a rule, but anybody trying to be positive over the last three years when Duchatelet was wrecking our club with his crackpot network ideas, should be placed in the stocks in Charlton Village. Or sat in the corner and made to wear a dunces cap.

You might be mindful of the fact that some of these people you want to sit in the corner wearing a dunce's cap for simply 'trying to be positive', have supported the club for a lot longer than you have.
  • Options
    Not once have I had a go at the protesters as I was one at the time..

• Options

I'm positive the reds are going up
    i'm also positive i want this ownership away from our club
    i'm also positive we have a unique set of fans

Totally.
  • Options
    Redskin said:

JamesSeed said:

clb74 said:

JamesSeed said:

clb74 said:

No and no

JamesSeed said:

clb74 said:

No and no
    Ditto, JS.

Of course.

JamesSeed said:

cafc_will said:

POSITIVITY

You might be mindful of the fact that some of these people you want to sit in the corner wearing a dunce's cap for simply 'trying to be positive', have supported the club for a lot longer than you have.
    That's got nothing to do with it. My first game was 1966 btw.
    And I didn't say they should wear a dunce's cap for simply 'trying to be positive', I said they should wear it for criticising people for protesting and boycotting when Duchatelet's mad scheme was in full swing. Which is the underlying theme of this silly thread.
    I'm as positive as anyone at the moment btw. I like Robinson, I like the team, I think we'll be promoted, and personally I'm not minded to protest so long as the owner doesn't interfere with the current status quo.
    But stop having a go at protesters, no-one's going to invite you into the inner circle any time soon.
  • Options
    cafc_will said:

Not once have I had a go at the protesters as I was one at the time..

Well you clearly didn't read that article you were promoting then.
    And where are all these protests and protesters anyway?
  • Options

How anyone, whether they have supported the team 100 years or a 100 days , is not of the thinking that our ownership has taken the piss out of us as a club in the past with their words and actions I will never know .
    People are happy to ignore it's happened or pretend it's not happened , lucky them . If they chose to be deferential to someone who has royally taken the piss out of the fans and the club then that says all you need to know .

There's a difference between being 'deferential' and 'trying to be positive', the insinuation being that 'trying to be positive' makes you an 'apologist', 'pro-regime' or worse.
    Whatever the catalyst that prompted RD to make a volte-face with his ideology, be it the protests, the financial losses, or - heaven forbid - Miere listening to people far more experienced in the word of football than herself - is immaterial.
    The club has been damaged, but not destroyed as some would have us think. We have lost fans, but judging by what's been posted on here that loss has been temporary for some of them. For others, of course, it may be permanent; how permanent remains to be seen should we get promotion.That is their choice.
    Things have been bad, but finally they have changed for the better; that's irrefutable and only a wilful self-delusion could incite anyone to think differently.

• Options
    JamesSeed said:

clb74 said:

JamesSeed said:

clb74 said:

No and no

JamesSeed said:

clb74 said:

No and no
    Ditto, JS.

Of course.

Your right it's not rocket science.
    No in stadium protests this season FACT.
    Have win 5 out 6 games FACT.
    If I've been to a different ground and there have been protests please correct me.
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    Redskin said:

How anyone, whether they have supported the team 100 years or a 100 days , is not of the thinking that our ownership has taken the piss out of us as a club in the past with their words and actions I will never know .
    People are happy to ignore it's happened or pretend it's not happened , lucky them . If they chose to be deferential to someone who has royally taken the piss out of the fans and the club then that says all you need to know .

There's a difference between being 'deferential' and 'trying to be positive', the insinuation being that 'trying to be positive' makes you an 'apologist', 'pro-regime' or worse.
    Whatever the catalyst that prompted RD to make a volte-face with his ideology, be it the protests, the financial losses, or - heaven forbid - Miere listening to people far more experienced in the word of football than herself - is immaterial.
    The club has been damaged, but not destroyed as some would have us think. We have lost fans, but judging by what's been posted on here that loss has been temporary for some of them. For others, of course, it may be permanent; how permanent remains to be seen should we get promotion.That is their choice.
    Things have been bad, but finally they have changed for the better; that's irrefutable and only a wilful self-delusion could incite anyone to think differently.

Has anyone said things haven't changed for the better? Genuine question, because I've read some people saying it's too early to tell for sure, but that isn't the same thing.
  • Options
    JamesSeed said:

Redskin said:

JamesSeed said:

clb74 said:

JamesSeed said:

clb74 said:

No and no

JamesSeed said:

clb74 said:

No and no
    Ditto, JS.

Of course.

JamesSeed said:

cafc_will said:

POSITIVITY

And I didn't say they should wear a dunce's cap for simply 'trying to be positive', I said they should wear it for criticising people for protesting and boycotting when Duchatelet's mad scheme was in full swing. Which is the underlying theme of this silly thread.
    I'm as positive as anyone at the moment btw. I like Robinson, I like the team, I think we'll be promoted, and personally I'm not minded to protest so long as the owner doesn't interfere with the current status quo.
    But stop having a go at protesters, no-one's going to invite you into the inner circle any time soon.
    Yes, you did: 'Positivity is good as a rule, but anyone trying to be positive over the last three years when Duchatelet was wrecking our club with his crackpot network ideas,should be placed in the stocks in Charlton Village. Or sat in the corner and made to wear a dunces cap.
    There is no mention, whatsoever, of wearing a dunce's cap for 'criticising people for protesting and boycotting...'
    You need to read your posts more carefully, and while you're at it, read mine again and show me where I was 'having a go at protesters,' I didn't, and I was one.
    As for, 'no-one's going to invite you into the inner circle soon', what inner circle is that then? If you're anything to go by, I'll steer well clear of it.

• Options
    Redskin said:

JamesSeed said:

Redskin said:

JamesSeed said:

clb74 said:

JamesSeed said:

clb74 said:

No and no

JamesSeed said:

clb74 said:

No and no
    Ditto, JS.

Of course.

JamesSeed said:

cafc_will said:

POSITIVITY

Yes, you did: 'Positivity is good as a rule, but anyone trying to be positive over the last three years when Duchatelet was wrecking our club with his crackpot network ideas,should be placed in the stocks in Charlton Village. Or sat in the corner and made to wear a dunces cap.
    There is no mention, whatsoever, of wearing a dunce's cap for 'criticising people for protesting and boycotting...'
    You need to read your posts more carefully, and while you're at it, read mine again and show me where I was 'having a go at protesters,' I didn't, and I was one.
    As for, 'no-one's going to invite you into the inner circle soon', what inner circle is that then? If you're anything to go by, I'll steer well clear of it.

Ok I agree, you're not Will.
    My remarks were directed at Will.

But if you support Will and the article he was promoting, which I doubt, then they might as well have been directed at you.
    If not, apologies, and yes I didn't read your post carefully enough.

And I certainly am not in an inner circle at the club. But many anti protesters seem to be trying to ingratiate themselves with the club imo. That's what I was referring to.

No matter what anybody writes in reply to the posts, the same people keep repeatedly posting the same nonsense, and it's getting very annoying. Which apparently is tgere intention.

It's nothing personal. I don't know anything about you @redskin
  • Options
    clb74 said:

JamesSeed said:

clb74 said:

JamesSeed said:

clb74 said:

No and no

JamesSeed said:

clb74 said:

No and no
    Ditto, JS.

Of course.

Your right it's not rocket science.
    No in stadium protests this season FACT.
    Have win 5 out 6 games FACT.
    If I've been to a different ground and there have been protests please correct me.
    What are you talking about?
    No-one has said there have been protests.
    No one has said we haven't won 5 out of 6. Jeeez.

I haven't protested because for me, and I only speak for myself of course, the protests have worked, to some extent at least. Without the protests we wouldn't have won the 5 out of 6, because we'd still have the network system that some of you were so happy to put up with.
  • Options
    JamesSeed said:

Redskin said:

JamesSeed said:

Redskin said:

JamesSeed said:

clb74 said:

JamesSeed said:

clb74 said:

No and no

JamesSeed said:

clb74 said:

No and no
    Ditto, JS.

Of course.

JamesSeed said:

cafc_will said:

POSITIVITY

Ok I agree, you're not Will.
    My remarks were directed at Will.

But if you support Will and the article he was promoting, which I doubt, then they might as well have been directed at you.
    If not, apologies, and yes I didn't read your post carefully enough.

And I certainly am not in an inner circle at the club. But many anti protesters seem to be trying to ingratiate themselves with the club imo. That's what I was referring to.

No matter what anybody writes in reply to the posts, the same people keep repeatedly posting the same nonsense, and it's getting very annoying. Which apparently is tgere intention.

It's nothing personal. I don't know anything about you @redskin
    I rarely, if ever, take anything on here personally, James. It's just people tapping away in a room which seldom amounts to anything.
    And I thought the article was abject doggerel.

• Options
    I wanted to go tonight and had taken the day working from home so I could cook tea for the lad (7) before heading to the game.

Unfortunately I didn't pick him up from new school and it took him 2 hours to get home, which sucks.

It would have been late for him but I was feeling positive and wanted to support charlton.

He didn't want to go, mainly because it was late but also because the last few times we have gone we have been shit.

Hope we turn this one around and get a goal or two.

(0-1 at half time when posting)

I want us to do well.
  • Options
    Lost for words.. inept performance
  • Options
    cafc_will said:

Can't win every game Will
  • Options
  • Options
    edited September 2017
    cafc_will said:

Stop moaning and get behind the team! COYR!! :wink:

Edit: wink added to make it clear it was sarcasm...