Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.

POSITIVITY 100% SUPPORT

Comments

• POSITIVITY Fellow Addicks.....
  • Or Novak in the Squad...

Positivity
  • I quite like this positivity thread.
  • Spread the POSITIVITY......
  • cafc_will said:

Spread the POSITIVITY......

Will do Will.
  • Promoted at Rochdale. Believe.
  • JamesSeed said:

I feel that the recent improvements have happened because:
    a) KR actually seems to know what he's doing.
    b) because RD has given up experimenting, and is preparing the club for sale.
    So I'm positive.

I hope you're right @JamesSeed, because I to have been thinking along the same lines. If we can get back to the Championship, where we were when RD took over, I think he will sell and we can all look forward to a brighter future - together rather than divided. Lets see where we are at Christmas and if in with a chance of promotion will RD let KR buy to seal it?
  • Sponsored links:

• Facts Don't "Lie"

It's there for all to see over the last few years... I believe this year / season is different as previously stated.. We can go round in circles or we can 100% Support and Bring Positivity back in the Ground and connect with the Team pushing them on to promotion which is what every Charlton supporter wants..

POSITIVITY
  • A mate of mine (not a Charlton fan) summed it up perfectly for me..

"Karl seems to know what he wants and what to do with the players
  • mascot88 said:

It's all about not being relegated again and holding on until Roland leaves.

Whilst Roland is in charge, this isn't Charlton for me, it just isn't, it holds none of the ethos, none of the values, nothing is respected by this twat and it never will be. I'm coming back to England for the first time in 7 years, am I going to the Valley, No, because I am not funding something I fundamentally disagree with, it breaks my heart, but I'm mainly numb now.

If Roland somehow got us promoted, I'd feel the same, if we some how got into the prem with this fuck stick in charge it still would feel like I'm supporting a different club, not my club.

Until he is gone Charlton is simply not Charlton.

My thoughts entirely.
  • It's a good start in a poor league. Keep the good luck on the injury front, then promotion should be given and then we are back in the division we should never been relegated from in the first place.

If we don't go up this season, then heads need to roll, as anything less is unacceptable
  • shirty5 said:

It's a good start in a poor league. Keep the good luck on the injury front, then promotion should be given and then we are back in the division we should never been relegated from in the first place.

If we don't go up this season, then heads need to roll, as anything less is unacceptable

I feel positive about our chances but I agree. That is why they need to keep proving themselves each transfer window. Promotion alone won't prove they have the right intentions or genuine footballing ambition for the club.
  • edited September 2017
    I'm looking forward to following the fortunes of this thread, which I assume will go all season.
    Will has started very positively and is definitely up for it, but it's a long season and fixture congestion and tiredness can take their toll on a thread like this. Can Will maintain his 100% positivity on a cold December Tuesday night in Southend?
  • If we beat Wigan next Tuesday I will start feeling positive.
  • It's your Charlton and our Charlton... maybe what's gone on in the past has made it difficult...

Grab a ticket for Southend or Wigan, come back home and see for yourself the POSITIVITY around the Ground, the connection now with the Team and Fans

Support YOUR team and Karl on to hopefully a win, we all know it's only early but those of us attending have seen a different buzz around the ground which has not been visible since Powell Days.. Karl Robinson has worked wonders with not only building a promotion challenging team but also building the club back to where it was and should be, connection with fans and also I believe certain staff within the club..

Stay Positive, Be Positive, and Spread that POSITIVITY....
  • Sponsored links:

• While I admire your POSITIVITY Will, Robinson has done well with the team but he has NOT built the club back to where it was and should be.
  • Agree Baldy... but I'm sure you can gather what I'm saying whilst maybe word for word is not quite right you get the idea
  • ** building the club back up....
  • RedChaser said:

Some people can forgive, others can forget but most can't forgive and forget. Untold damage has been done by the regime to the fabric of this club and for some there is no reconciliation until they are gone and the slate is wiped clean.

I've not forgiven or forgotten and I never will, but I can multi task, so I can support the team as well :wink:
  • RedChaser said:

Some people can forgive, others can forget but most can't forgive and forget. Untold damage has been done by the regime to the fabric of this club and for some there is no reconciliation until they are gone and the slate is wiped clean.

I've not forgiven or forgotten and I never will, but I can multi task, so I can support the team as well :wink:
    Me and you both.
  • JamesSeed said:

It's a long attritional season. We'll need a bit of luck with injuries, and we should be ok.

To @mascot88 @ElfsborgAddick and many others who feel the same, I just say this.
    I was brought up supporting Millwall because of the way the owners of the club treated Jimmy Seed. Later on I followed Millwall, Spurs, Sheffield Wednesday, Charlton (JS's clubs) and QPR (because I lived close to Loftus Rd). But I always knew that Charlton was the club he cared most about (and it was our 'family club') but I knew they let him down, so steered clear of full support. In that time I wrote the short book about his time at Charlton, but only very rarely went to matches.
    I was basically letting the behaviour of owners of the club (who are NOT the club) spoil my enjoyment of football for more than 40 years! It took the death of my mum (who always loved Charlton) to flick a switch somewhere and the rest is (recent) history.
    Much as I'm enjoying bringing the family back into the fold, I can't help feeling gutted at the great times and emotions missed. I enjoyed the play-off final from afar, but I wasn't there. I was delighted about the return to the Valley, but I wasn't there. I cheated myself out of great times and great memories. I trying to make up for lost time now.
    You guys are true Charlton fans and I totally respect your motives for staying away. But the old club is not Duchatelet and Meire. Don't let them take away your great times. Great occasions missed will be missed forever. Life is very short.

What a wonderful post and so so true. This is your life, not a rehearsal.
  • You don't need to forgive, or forget in fact you never have to..

But Support the Team and Be Positive...

• Great that the football on display is better than that seen previously under the regime but because they are still there it just doesn't feel the same. I also think too many are getting carried away with the start. I genuinely don't think the squad is strong enough for automatic promotion but play offs are a possibility if we get lucky with injuries.

I worry about no plan B and the manager straight jacking of players into a 4231 formation. Similarly we have too many small players and when bullied by bigger teams at Plymouth and Oldham we have capitulated. This fallibility will be talked about and copied by other inferior footballing teams in the division.

Season ticket holder since 1973 so not staying away. Will always support the team.
  • edited September 2017

Great that the football on display is better than that seen previously under the regime but because they are still there it just doesn't feel the same. I also think too many are getting carried away with the start. I genuinely don't think the squad is strong enough for automatic promotion but play offs are a possibility if we get lucky with injuries.

I worry about no plan B and the manager straight jacking of players into a 4231 formation. Similarly we have too many small players and when bullied by bigger teams at Plymouth and Oldham we have capitulated. This fallibility will be talked about and copied by other inferior footballing teams in the division.

Season ticket holder since 1973 so not staying away. Will always support the team. </

• Fair comment,

"Always Support The Team"

POSITIVITY...!