Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

Holiday Drama/opinions please?

Comments

• Options
    I'll come.
  • Options
    edited August 2017
    JohnBoyUK said:

JohnBoyUK said:

Hmm, sorry I think I disagree with most on here.

If mate 1 has paid and then decided he isn't going, its not up to anyone but him what happens to that place. Mate 2 is taking the p*ss if he thinks he can take his place on the cheap.
    If I was mate 2, I would be offering the cost of the place less the cancellation/change name fee.

@AFKABartram - mate 2 sounds like he's in a similar situation to one of our old friends, who would do any dare for a few drinks in Gran Canaria!

I can now see why your a Spud.........totally upside down logic. Mate1 booked a holiday & now doesn't want to go. Its too late to get a refund so he's lost his money - pure & simple. Mate 2 isn't taking money off anyone. In fact, he's helping out the other mates who are already going & had faced being a man down on the holiday. All mate 2 has to do is pay for the admin fee to change the ticket. If mate 1 has a problem with it then he can still go - but he doesn't - so he has no leg to stand on (ala Dudley Moore)
    Hmmmm, still not convinced but yes, my logic is usually upside down :)
    Not in this situation JB. I agree with you.

If Mate 1 has paid for the holiday it is his. He can do what he wants with it. If he had rented a house and moved out with a month left and had paid the rent mate 2 can't just move into his house for a month, rent free can he?

I get the logic that he accepts that if the seat is empty he loses his money but if someone else goes he should pay for it. Asking for less than half sounds outrageously fair to me.

Having said that if it were me and I'd dropped out I would be grateful for anything I could get and if a mate couldn't afford to go I might agree for him to go for nothing but if it was someone that I didn't know then I would be disappointed if he thought he could go and spend, presumably, hundreds on food and drink while there yet pay me nothing for 'my holiday'.

• Options
    iainment said:

I don't care.

Genuine LOL
  • Options
    dizzee said:

I'll come.

£365 x 4 please pal, then go for it :)
  • Options
    PWR - why don't all the other pals split the cost between you and refund the £150 to the non runner.
    Even if you have to do it over the coming months instead of right away.
  • Options

PWR - why don't all the other pals split the cost between you and refund the £150 to the non runner.
    Even if you have to do it over the coming months instead of right away.

Why should we pay extra? even if i feel its right that seems the nut worse scenario , person who should go to pay or noone
  • Options
    If I was the replacement chap and I couldn't afford to go in the first place, I wouldn't have the front to jump on the other blokes misfortune and if I was the one who was pulling out, I wouldn't have the bollocks to flag it up causing all this aggro.

Just show's the price of some folks soul.

Johnny (or Bev), get some new friends mucker
  • Options
    Seems the moral of the story is, never pull out
  • Options

Seems the moral of the story is, never pull out

Coz when one does, look at the mess
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    Posting without reading the whole thread so apologies if someone has already suggested this. Tell those that have dropped out that nobody is taking up their tickets. Get the new guy's name added to the party for one of the spare places and if anybody asks just say he booked a last minute package holiday and tagged along with you.
  • Options
    do you use the word 'enlight' in everyday conversations?
  • Options
    stonemuse said:

I think it only right that the person who is now going should make some contribution to the original cost.

Disagree... If the geezer is saying he'd rather am empty seat go he is an absolute fist. It should be a buy me a few drinks next time we are out jobbie... But at the end of the day, it's only 150 notes, just chip in a bullseye each and be done with it if the fella can't afford it
  • Options
    rina said:

do you use the word 'enlight' in everyday conversations?

Defo not, anyone who knows me would laugh at that :) haha
  • Options

If I was the replacement chap and I couldn't afford to go in the first place, I wouldn't have the front to jump on the other blokes misfortune and if I was the one who was pulling out, I wouldn't have the bollocks to flag it up causing all this aggro.

These are probably my main group of friends, i have a few circles and great friends as are all of these. Just a one off incident which is all a bit bizarre really. We will work it out, its just all gone a bit OTT.
  • Options
    What has happened to today's youth?
    What about the fact he has let his mates down by not going?
    Fuck him.
    Let the other bloke have a free bee and make sure he remembers it for the rest of his life what a good time you had.
    Your group will be better friends after the holiday and ditch the prick for missing out on the time of his youthful life.
    Better still, take him out on the free bees expense and wipe your cock around every pint you buy him.
  • Options

It wasn't mate 1's "misfortune" that he couldn't go, but he decided last minute that he didn't want to (something to do with a new job & not being late........very lame excuse imo) after agreeing in the first place.

As for the rental scenarios earlier - if you've paid for 6 months rent but left after 5 months then I can't see why someone else shouldn't get the free month's rent. Your choice you left early & unless there is an early release clause you know you are "out of pocket"

On a similar note, I booked a night in a Travelodge on the Friday evening before our holiday down here in Devon, so that I could break up the driving (only me driving) & also that we didn't have to get up super early on the sat & sit in traffic. In the end we did very good time & was near the Travelodge at 9pm. I had already spoken to the owner of the cottage we were staying in for the week & he told me that the previous holidayer's had already left & the cottage was ready for use. I decided to cheekily ring him & see if we could arrive that night & take up occupancy early - he agreed. We therefore didn't stay at the Travelodge (a cost of around £85) and as it was on a non-cancellable policy I lost my £85. Should I ask the cottage owner to reimburse me ??? Of course not. I knew I couldn't get my money back so took the hit.
  • Options
    First guy shouldn't really expect anything, guy going should really give him something even if its at a later date. 1st guy who has anxiety problems should probably avoid going to the small claims court as there's a good chance his anxiety will increase because of it. You and other two mates should just crack on enjoy the sight seeing, shagging brasses, pulling birds, taking drugs....or whatever you want from your holiday. simples!!!
  • Options
    edited August 2017

What has happened to today's youth?
    What about the fact he has let his mates down by not going?
    Fuck him.
    Let the other bloke have a free bee and make sure he remembers it for the rest of his life what a good time you had.
    Your group will be better friends after the holiday and ditch the prick for missing out on the time of his youthful life.
    Better still, take him out on the free bees expense and wipe your cock around every pint you buy him.

Wouldn't have done it in our day eh mate and our Chara bang trips to Blackpool. If you said you were going, you were going,,,, no ifs, no buts....
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    The small claims court is irrelevant here. It would never get that far and isn't it for claims between 1000-10000 anyway.

Fella 2 has done nothing to fella 1 so that is all bluster. Fella 1 is reneging on his contract with the holiday company. Fella 2 is entering into a different contact in that he is paying X amount to have his name put on the docs.

Fella 1 sounds like he would put a downer on the holiday so consider it a close escape.
  • Options
    edited August 2017
    Mate 1 is upset about not going which he may not have fully explained the reasons, but seeing as he forked out there were probably good reasons and he wanted to go. It probably feels like mate 2 is dancing on his grave a bit which has peed him off. Lots of ways it could have been sorted out better between mates 1 and 2. And mate 2 has the spending money etc... but can't slip or offer mate 1 a few quid - which had he offered upfront, mate 1 might not even have accepted.

I think mate 2 is the biggest culprit here.
  • Options
    I was in a similar situation a few years ago in that I took someone's place by paying the admin fee. I was happy to share the cost of the holiday of the others going, but they wouldn't let me! I could afford to pay and felt massively guilty they wouldn't let me. I tried to pay for as much on the holiday as possible to make up for it to share the costs more evenly, including paying for as much as everyone could eat and drink one evening. Amazing looking back they all said I didn't need to pay when I thought I should!
  • Options

I was in a similar situation a few years ago in that I took someone's place by paying the admin fee. I was happy to share the cost of the holiday of the others going, but they wouldn't let me! I could afford to pay and felt massively guilty they wouldn't let me. I tried to pay for as much on the holiday as possible to make up for it to share the costs more evenly, including paying for as much as everyone could eat and drink one evening. Amazing looking back they all said I didn't need to pay when I thought I should!

by the sound of your username I'm assuming your female............these are blokes remember.
  • Options
    Are mates 1 and 2 mates with each other?
  • Options

by the sound of your username I'm assuming your female............these are blokes remember.
    Does that really make a difference? I don't necessarily agree with the guy who cant go, but the guy taking his place is taking the piss! Especially when the others he's going with have paid full whack. I guess it depends on everyone's circumstances and how close everyone is. As can think of exceptions amongst friends
  • Options
    Remember the parable of the workers in the vineyard.
  • Options
    Its amazing what different views people have on something that seems straight forward to me. That is first bloke pulled out of holiday therefore his opinion is no longer valid. What you do now is not his concern.

I am sure everybody else sees it as straight forward, but different from me, as well.
  • Options

Does that really make a difference? I don't necessarily agree with the guy who cant go, but the guy taking his place is taking the piss! Especially when the others he's going with have paid full whack. I guess it depends on everyone's circumstances and how close everyone is. As can think of exceptions amongst friends
    the "being a female" comment was meant in a jokey way, ie - women are more thoughtful & will want to do the best for the group - men aren't like that & will probably think of themselves first.