Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

Plymouth v Charlton | Sat 12 Aug | 3pm KO | Match Preview, Predictions, News & Views

Comments

• Options

A bit too right sided for me.

I'd go with:

Phillips

Solly - Bauer - Pearce - Da Silva

Kashi - JFC

Holmes - Reeves - Fosu

Clarke

and let the front 4 rotate as they'd be an absolute Katrien Meire to mark.

I think this team is justified. 1-0 Charlton

• Options

ross1 said:

Team are flying down so should be fresh

I'm sure Plymouth airport has closed down.
    If Meire and Keohane are involved in booking the flights the team will no doubt end up here:

https://www.plymouth-ma.gov/
  • Options
    They seem to have had a tricky start and originally I'd have been happy with a point, but not so now and another win seems more than possible, 0-2 and optimism rises.
  • Options
    TWatts off so who plays up top?
  • Options
    Bring on Reeco!
  • Options
    Redhenry said:

Has this been confirmed by your sources?
  • Options
    Nicholas said:

Can see Fosu and Holmes running riot against these lot, especially if we get an early goal. 5-0 away win 500/1 Paddy Power

Assuming the ref gives them adequate protection during the game and they don't get clogged out of it.
  • Options

Redhenry said:

Has this been confirmed by your sources?
    If it's the same sauce that told me about Will Grigg I wouldn't put money on it!
  • Options
    Plymouth score goal in first 10 mins but Charlton settle down and are 3 -1 up at half time. We win 5-2, conceding a goal in the 80th minute. On the other hand....
  • Options
    The Wetherspoons near the ground does a nice pint
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    We should have enough to beat a Plymouth side perhaps who might be a bit fearful of a defeat in their first home game. But a big crowd for this level might help them out, 1-1, not a bad result.
  • Options
    edited August 2017
    holyjo said:

The Wetherspoons near the ground does a nice pint

More tea Vicar :wink:
  • Options
    Another win for the rampant Addicks , but no red cards .
  • Options
    we'll get more red cards than goals. No striker = no goals.

2-0 to Plymouth.
  • Options
    I think this will be tougher than some people think, but we should be good enough to get something. 1-1
  • Options
    1-2
  • Options
    A hard fought 0-0.
  • Options
    I've just read the Plymouth message board and apparently they have no one to score goals and they are very pecimistic.

I'm going for a 3-0 to The Addicks
  • Options
    edited August 2017
    Seeing as he has had only one game and no pre-season games , I think we have to be careful not to throw Reeves in too quickly.Robinson's formation works with Magennis and we can debate Novak, but I think given the fact that neither are available he might be advised to consider another approach.

Having said that, with the game being away, it might mean Plymouth have more ambition and don't try to stop us, which can bring opportunities that wouldn't occur if the defence sheppherds the attack.

Maybe it is a game where you simply need a plan B to switch to quickly if plan A isn't working.
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    Is Magennis definitely out ? The player himself was saying he would be OK for Plymouth.
  • Options

Is Magennis definitely out ? The player himself was saying he would be OK for Plymouth.

Our famous medical team will have him ready... for the RETURN fixture!
  • Options
    I fear the lack of strikers will cost us today
  • Options
    Mag will play
  • Options
    I thought Robinson said he won't be back until next weekend
  • Options

I thought Robinson said he won't be back until next weekend

I think he might be learning not to tell the oppo what's what in our camp.
  • Options
    edited August 2017
    We have a keeper who isn't bedded in yet, we are vulnerable at set pieces, and we don't have a striker available in the mould of Novak or Magennis which has been part of our recent style.
    We have had a couple sent off already, and Plymouth are playing their first home game at this level for a while and their crowd will be enthusiastic.
    This is going to be a tricky fixture to negotiate and shrewd management is going to be needed.
    Looks to me like 0-0 or one goal in it either way.
  • Options
    Someone is saying that Kashi is out injured, I've no idea if true, but bear in mind if you're backing us.
  • Options

Someone is saying that Kashi is out injured, I've no idea if true, but bear in mind if you're backing us.

Proper injured or someone put a bid in :open_mouth: .