Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.

STTV to be sold ? 20/25% sold, will he sell the rest ?

2»

Comments

• The old bastard won't just sell us and cut his losses. He's going to do something that screws us long term. I just know it.

Based only on observation and my perceived understanding of how he functions, I believe he will do whatever he can, to at least get his investment back. If that means screwing the club, I don't suppose he gives a sh1t
  • The old bastard won't just sell us and cut his losses. He's going to do something that screws us long term. I just know it.

Based only on observation and my perceived understanding of how he functions, I believe he will do whatever he can, to at least get his investment back. If that means screwing the club, I don't suppose he gives a sh1t
    IF that happens, will those who've agreed after one match that "we have our Charlton back" decide they were somewhat hasty ?

I wonder how long it would take until the penny drops.....
  • I think he will want to save some face - that would probably do it!
  • I think he will want to save some face - that would probably do it!

I agree with this, but the only way he will save face is by selling the club with a "profit" and the only way he is going to be able to do that is by selling it to his mates under the covers and hide the bad bits.
  • edited August 2017
    Or claiming he has made a profit - remember the bloke is totally dishonest - his interpretation of Powell's players like Hamer, Solly, Stephens and Kermogant not being good enough and the players he brought in keeping us up tells you all you need to know on that score!
  • Or claiming he has made a profit - remember the bloke is totally dishonest - his interpretation of Powell's players like Hamer, Solly, Stephens and Kermogant not being good enough and the players he brought in keeping us up tells you all you need to know on that score!

Allegedly

• edited August 2017

Or claiming he has made a profit - remember the bloke is totally dishonest - his interpretation of Powell's players like Hamer, Solly, Stephens and Kermogant not being good enough and the players he brought in keeping us up tells you all you need to know on that score!

Allegedly

No factually - the bloke is a liar - he said it and he must have known it was dishonest - he just knew the Belgian audience it was aimed at wouldn't know enough to challenge it and it made him look the reasonable one! If he didn't know it was a lie, he is a complete idiot - And I don't think any of us believe he is that!
  • Or claiming he has made a profit - remember the bloke is totally dishonest - his interpretation of Powell's players like Hamer, Solly, Stephens and Kermogant not being good enough and the players he brought in keeping us up tells you all you need to know on that score!

Allegedly

No factually - the bloke is a liar - he said it and he must have known it was dishonest - he just knew the Belgian audience it was aimed at wouldn't know enough to challenge it and it made him look the reasonable one! If he didn't know it was a lie, he is a complete idiot - And I don't think any of us believe he is that!
    Oh I don't know Mutts, a fool and his money and all that.

Allegedly

Yes, factually
  • Sponsored links:

• RedChaser said:

Allegedly

Oh I don't know Mutts, a fool and his money and all that.
    Well he is a lot richer than any of us - So I don't feel comfortable calling him a fool as what does that make me? But a liar - well it is just there for all to see.

Been of that opinion for a long time.

Allegedly

My point being you might want to think about what you put in writing on a public forum. That's all.

• Apparantly, supposedly, allegedly, all words to be mindful of using to save getting a kicked bottom.
  • Very arrogant man who seemingly can't admit to failure and is possibly very vindictive. I will be glad when he's gone so we can assess the damage properly.

• 3blokes said:

My opinion is that RD's aim to make money from football clubs however he can. Success for him with his ownership means making money for himself, exactly that and nothing more. I don't think it bothers him how he achieves that ambition and success on the pitch is of little consideration, great if it happens, but largely incidental. The big picture is him making money from football in purely business terms.
    That's it. The rest of us are irrelevant.
    That's what I think, anyway.

this.

He clearly has no interest in the footballing aspect - and that's obviously a huge problem, because historically (during RD's reign) , we've always sold our best player(s) around Jan (think Gomez,Lookman, and I think that applies with STVV too). Now, if its a situation this season where we are up there in the top 6 come Jan, and he sells Kashi and Fosu and Konsa, then we are likely to slide. That's gonna cause big consternation amongst the fans - but he wont give a toss. You almost get the feeling that he's going to do it to deliberately annoy the fans.
  • If he still maintains a portion of STVV then protests in Belgium could be even more effective and embarrassing for him if his partners see how unhappy his "customers" are.
  • 3blokes said:

My opinion is that RD's aim to make money from football clubs however he can. Success for him with his ownership means making money for himself, exactly that and nothing more. I don't think it bothers him how he achieves that ambition and success on the pitch is of little consideration, great if it happens, but largely incidental. The big picture is him making money from football in purely business terms.

this.

He clearly has no interest in the footballing aspect - and that's obviously a huge problem, because historically (during RD's reign) , we've always sold our best player(s) around Jan (think Gomez,Lookman, and I think that applies with STVV too). Now, if its a situation this season where we are up there in the top 6 come Jan, and he sells Kashi and Fosu and Konsa, then we are likely to slide. That's gonna cause big consternation amongst the fans - but he wont give a toss. You almost get the feeling that he's going to do it to deliberately annoy the fans.
    Gomez left in the summer, but yes while some feel things have completely changed it doesn't mean the aim to sell players has gone. Doesn't mean KR isn't a bad run away from the sack either.
  • Scoham said:

3blokes said:

this.

Gomez left in the summer, but yes while some feel things have completely changed it doesn't mean the aim to sell players has gone. Doesn't mean KR isn't a bad run away from the sack either.
    Robinson won 1 in 14(?) last season, I am still surprised he did not get his P45 then.
  • Sponsored links:

• Scoham said:

3blokes said:

this.

Robinson won 1 in 14(?) last season, I am still surprised he did not get his P45 then.
    That's where having a good CEO comes in handy.