Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

Oldham away. Sept 2

Comments

• Options
    I'd just drive up at this late stage.
    Virgin trains
    You can change the date or time of your tickets by logging into My Account. Click "Change date/time" next to the journey you want to change, and follow the steps to select the new time and date.

In addition to paying any difference in ticket cost, there is a rail industry standard £10 admin fee per ticket amended. Requests to change the ticket can only be made by the payment card holder of the original booking. E-tickets cannot be amended.
  • Options
    edited August 2017
    JamesSeed said:

I'm think I'm going to book a cab from Manchester Piccadilly to Oldham. And Oldham to Piccadilly after game. About £25 return.
    Think I'll be in the 12:00 train from Euston.
    Room for two if anyone fancies sharing?

Might not suit anyone - I have to go on the 12:20 train. It actually gets in just in time to make kick off if traffic is light, but it probably won't be? It's supposed to be a 27 min ride from the station. If I get there early I might bunk on the 12:00 if the guard will let me.

12:20 London Euston - 14:28 Manchester Piccadilly

After the match taxi booked for 1750 but will wait.
    Return:
    18:15 Manchester Piccadilly
    20:34 London Euston

And fare was £50 return not £25 :-(
  • Options
    Ah, thanks, clb74.

Problem is, following his prostate surgery 6 months ago, Mr F is concerned about driving long distances where we could be caught up in traffic probs on a motorway with no means of accessing a loo at short notice.....

Will discuss the train situation with the others & make a decision ASAP.
  • Options
    Another time maybe JS, I'll be high as a kit by then an taking on all comers.
  • Options

Ah, thanks, clb74.

Problem is, following his prostate surgery 6 months ago, Mr F is concerned about driving long distances where we could be caught up in traffic probs on a motorway with no means of accessing a loo at short notice.....

Have you got railcards
  • Options
    clb74 said:

Ah, thanks, clb74.

Have you got railcards
    Yup.

Wrinklies ones...
  • Options
    *In order to have the right to request that next weekend’s fixture at Oldham be called off, Charlton needed at least three players to receive international call-ups. As we have only received two, the match will go ahead as planned.

https://www.cafc.co.uk/news/view/59a3d49c5500a/chelsea-loanee-jay-dasilva-named-in-england-u20s-squad
  • Options
    edited August 2017

*In order to have the right to request that next weekend’s fixture at Oldham be called off, Charlton needed at least three players to receive international call-ups. As we have only received two, the match will go ahead as planned.

https://www.cafc.co.uk/news/view/59a3d49c5500a/chelsea-loanee-jay-dasilva-named-in-england-u20s-squad

Great. Thanks for clarifying, CE.

Much appreciated.

Now off to rob a bank.

( Only kidding , Tone !!!!)
  • Options
    edited August 2017
    JamesSeed said:

JamesSeed said:

I'm think I'm going to book a cab from Manchester Piccadilly to Oldham. And Oldham to Piccadilly after game. About £25 return.

Might not suit anyone - I have to go on the 12:20 train. It actually gets in just in time to make kick off if traffic is light, but it probably won't be? It's supposed to be a 27 min ride from the station. If I get there early I might bunk on the 12:00 if the guard will let me.

After the match taxi booked for 1550 but will wait.
    Return:

You might wanna knock that back an hour or so ;-)
  • Options
    Looking forward to this
  • Sponsored links:

• Options

JamesSeed said:

JamesSeed said:

After the match taxi booked for 1550 but will wait.
    Return:

You might wanna knock that back an hour or so ;-)
    17:50 ta
  • Options
    You can get dinner from Simon woods at Oldham top lad
  • Options

Oldham also have 2 players also away on international duty.
    I know they're bottom of the League, but haven't they got another player good enough to play for his country?

Then the match could be postponed.
    And we could all look forward to the match being rescheduled for a wet and windy Wednesday night in November.

• Options
    Oggy Red said:

Oldham also have 2 players also away on international duty.
    I know they're bottom of the League, but haven't they got another player good enough to play for his country?

Then the match could be postponed.
    And we could all look forward to the match being rescheduled for a wet and windy Wednesday night in November.

I think our O/S would be pretty poor to say the game will go ahead as planned, if they hadn't checked all of Oldham's possible call ups as well.
  • Options
    How long would it take to get to Oldham if driving????
  • Options
    edited August 2017

How long would it take to get to Oldham if driving????

It's 240 miles from SE London so allow yourself 4 hrs, it's north west of Manchester. M6 is your route which I try to avoid like the plague. Shoul be ok on a Saturday morning though. If you want to cut out Birmingham and spaghetti junction go M1 to J23a and take the A50 all dual carridgeway to Stoke then join M6 at J15.
  • Options
    Thank you for replies . I will gove myself 4 hours to be safe then
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    edited August 2017
    clb74 said:
    This sounds like Elfsborg has taught you well :wink: .
  • Options
    We may be missing two but if they are too and have an injury crisis - surely we want to play the game!
  • Options
    RedChaser said:

clb74 said:
    This sounds like Elfsborg has taught you well :wink: .
    Noooooooooooo.
  • Options
    Train tickets now purchased for us all although we have to get from Cannon St to Euston this time...

Just have to contact Fortnum & Mason's for our next picnic order....

:smile:
  • Options

Train tickets now purchased for us all although we have to get from Cannon St to Euston this time...

From Cannon St walk to Bank station [5 min] take Northern Line to Euston [10 mins] .
  • Options
    Match tickets seem pretty reasonable so Hinge and bracket are all booked up. Now for another train or tram or cab adventure.
  • Options
    JamesSeed said:

JamesSeed said:

After the match taxi booked for 1750 but will wait.
    Return:

The train going out is a bit like me, a wee bit tight.
  • Options
    clive said:

From Cannon St walk to Bank station [5 min] take Northern Line to Euston [10 mins] .
    Sounds like a plan !

Thanks, Clive.
  • Options
    Jack Byrne: Oldham Athletic sign midfielder on loan from Wigan Athletic