Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.

Eddie Firmani

Charlton legend. A hero from my days at the Valley many moons ago.

He's 84 years old today.

His bio is posted up on "Birthdays and Anniversaries"

Comments

• He might be worth a punt on a pay as you play basis?
  • I wanted to shoehorn him in to my "On this day round" in the quiz tonight, but couldn't find a way to word it so that anyone but an Addick would know the answer...
  • I wanted to shoehorn him in to my "On this day round" in the quiz tonight, but couldn't find a way to word it so that anyone but an Addick would know the answer...

Name the South African born striker, 84 today, that went on to represent Italy at international level and score over 100 goals in both Italian and English domestic football?
  • My first Charlton hero, he set the place alight on his return from Italy
  • cfgs said:

I wanted to shoehorn him in to my "On this day round" in the quiz tonight, but couldn't find a way to word it so that anyone but an Addick would know the answer...

Name the South African born striker, 84 today, that went on to represent Italy at international level and score over 100 goals in both Italian and English domestic football?
    or, Name the first Italian international to manage an English League club.
  • bobmunro said:

cfgs said:

I wanted to shoehorn him in to my "On this day round" in the quiz tonight, but couldn't find a way to word it so that anyone but an Addick would know the answer...

or, Name the first Italian international to manage an English League club.
    A bit less of a mouthful.
  • cfgs said:

Or which former footballer born on this day in (whichever year) is the only player to have achieved this feat?
  • edited August 2017
    cfgs said:

And managed a New York Cosmos team featuring Pele, Beckenbauer and Carlos Alberto

When are they going to put John Hewie on that board ?
  • Sponsored links:

When are they going to put John Hewie on that board ?
    When the fans vote for him.

You get three choices every year in the three eras, Hewie has been on the short list but never won the vote.

Nominations to @killerjerrylee
  • Exquisite footballer, from a different era all right but arguably our best ever footballer, certainly in the top five.
  • edited August 2017

Now you have suggestions on here, ask the question and see if we can answer it :wink:
  • My first Charlton hero, he set the place alight on his return from Italy

Me too. Still my favourite player of all time, and a gentleman to boot.

• Happy Birthday Eddie.
    A great player sometimes I think he is my favourite all time Charlton player other days, I go for Stuart Leary it was that close between them.
  • Happy Birthday Eddie - my hero!