Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.

Fosu - Who is responsible for signing this lad?

Comments

• edited May 2018
    Paul Hurst (Shrews manager) is from Sheffield I assume that's the Paul that Neil is referring to in his post - not someone from Wales?

....Or am I being wooshed?

(edit; beat me to it oohaah! so maybe i'm not being wooshed as feared - unless it's a double woosh!)
  • Paul Hurst (Shrews manager) is from Sheffield I assume that's the Paul that Neil is referring to in his post - not someone from Wales?

(edit; beat me to it oohaah! so maybe i'm not being wooshed as feared - unless it's a double woosh!)

I told my mate Paul, a Liverpool fan. He said he couldn’t care less. So that’s one less Paul it could be

• Swisdom said:

Paul Hurst (Shrews manager) is from Sheffield I assume that's the Paul that Neil is referring to in his post - not someone from Wales?

I told my mate Paul, a Liverpool fan. He said he couldn’t care less. So that’s one less Paul it could be

The mystery continues....

Anyone got a phone book handy?
  • Grrrr.
  • I expect Paul Cook to pick his best team of cloggers for our home game. I am really hoping for strong and fair reffing for all our games. Not going to happen so would like Fosu on the bench for this one.
  • I would imagine he is there if we need him and ideally we won't until the final.
  • Redrobo said:

I expect Paul Cook to pick his best team of cloggers for our home game. I am really hoping for strong and fair reffing for all our games. Not going to happen so would like Fosu on the bench for this one.

I bet he won't

Paul Hurst might but Paul Cook, of Wigan, probably won't give a shit

• A lot of pressure on Fosu now. The lack of investment leaves him as pretty much the main creative player which is concerning given his lack of consistency last season. I still believe that he’s probably best coming off of the bench, but he’s going to be one of the first names on the team sheet now and needs to step up.
  • Sponsored links:

• Fosu sidesteps a question over contract negotiations as adeptly as beating a touch-tight full-back on the pitch.

Caretaker boss Lee Bowyer recently revealed that he had been offered new terms along with Joe Aribo.

Fosu has just under 12 months on his current deal.
  • I wish these threads with player names in the subject would stop popping up again. My initial gut reaction at the moment says either sold or injured.

Thankfully it's neither.
  • I wish these threads with player names in the subject would stop popping up again. My initial gut reaction at the moment says either sold or injured.

Thankfully it's neither.

Yet
  • For me he is the best player in the league potentially, so a no brainer that the Belgian plank will try to sell him pretty soon. In fact he probably is trying to sell him now! I suspect the fact that he only has a season left on his contract is the main reason he has failed to. Fosu can wait that out! Hopefully new owners will get a chance to persuade the lad to extend.
  • He looked razor sharp against welling. His touch, his turns and twists. Definitely “on it”
  • Gone by the end of July?
  • se9addick said:

A lot of pressure on Fosu now. The lack of investment leaves him as pretty much the main creative player which is concerning given his lack of consistency last season. I still believe that he’s probably best coming off of the bench, but he’s going to be one of the first names on the team sheet now and needs to step up.

I agree he lacks consistency and it would be advantageous to sign other players who can create, hence why I would be interested in signing someone like Holmes.

But better coming off the bench? I would be delighted just to see him stay let alone thinking of dropping him to the bench!
  • At the moment Fosu is one of the first names on the teamsheet. Nobody else in the squad is as creative
  • He’s going to be our most important player this season. To suggest he’s going to be better to start on the bench to me seems ridiculous. Without him in the starting 11 we have no creativity, and he’s the only player we have fit who’s capable of changing the game on his own.
  • To be fair to him, at the start of the season he put in a series of shifts where he covered lots of ground, tracked back, and his ability on the ball helped relieve defensive pressure, which meant that even when he wasn't the star man he still did an excellent job. As the season went on and injuries kicked in, he was moved centrally which allowed teams to just kick lumps out of him, and the lack of movement around him made him easier to mark. And then he got injured, and I think that played a big role in him being less consistent in the second half of the season. It was all very stop-start.

With him I'm less worried about consistency than I am about his ability to stay fit (though the two and intertwined). In a flat 4-4-2 he's going to need to do more tracking back and won't have the same freedom he had playing as a 10 in the diamond or the 4-2-3-1 (though going on the end of last season and this pre-season he will still have some license to roam). Now that could be good as it could give him more room to run in to, to pick the ball up and go past people. But he will, presumably, start further away from goal. And that's a risk, because he basically links our midfield and attack, especially when Aribo isn't in the team. And if he's not able to do that, we're basically just playing it forward into the channels or onto Josh's head.
  • Sponsored links:

• edited July 2018
    Yes, keeping him fit is probably going to be the most import aspect of our season. We didn't manage it through last season. I do like him and Aribo playing in the same team and if both improve their games by 5% or so, it could be interesting.
  • Just gone off injured
  • Just gone off injured

Just came on to post that
  • edited July 2018
    LenGlover said:

Gone by the end of July?

Close. Crocked.
  • Crocked or just taken off as a precaution?
  • Oggy Red said:

Crocked or just taken off as a precaution?

Even going of for a precaution can mean a couple of months out with our players.

I know every team gets injuries but this past couple of years we appear cursed.
  • Yes, keeping him fit is probably going to be the most import aspect of our season. We didn't manage it through last season. I do like him and Aribo playing in the same team and if both improve their games by 5% or so, it could be interesting.

I wish these threads with player names in the subject would stop popping up again. My initial gut reaction at the moment says either sold or injured.

Thankfully it's neither.

You 2 have a lot of explaining to do
  • Our world class medical team will sort it FFS we even have our own NHS drop in centre at the Valley... no flies on our Belgian twat!
  • We're not cursed, there is a clear pattern.

We sign this sort of injury prone player and have had inadequate sized squads which forces players to come back from injury too soon, ruining them as players further down the line.

Vetokele is one, Fosu looks to be another.

Fosu appears to be "injury prone" only after signing for Charlton.

Same for Vetokele.