Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.

**COUNTDOWN TO PROMOTION 17/18**

Comments

• Bradford 0 CAFC 1. Still in with a shout.
  • CAFC 1 AFC Wombles 0. Well well well. Seems I need to bump this thread again. Anyone suffer from vertigo? Could all go tits up of course, but I'm certainly feeling much better than last season.
  • Wigan top
    Charlton 2nd
    Blackburn via playoffs
  • Wigan top
    Charlton 2nd
    Blackburn via playoffs

Shrewsbury?
  • Wigan top
    Charlton 2nd
    Blackburn via playoffs

Shrewsbury?
    Might make play offs but wheels are bound to come offrom sooner or later
  • Wigan top
    Charlton 2nd
    Blackburn via playoffs

Shrewsbury?
    Let's hope so. It's embarrassing enough seeing Burton in the league above us.
  • Top by Christmas, and then roll on until we win the league, well, you can dream
  • CAFC 2 MKD 2 - Must take bloody chances (again). Games in hand. It will happen.
  • I think the current top six will remain the top six at the end of the season.

I personally think we will finish 4th.
  • Sponsored links:

• Would like to think we will maintain our position in the play-off places; not strong enough physically, to gain automatic place, plus we just don't score enough goals. Mind you, usually at least one of the 'top' teams has a big wobble and falls away, just as one of the current mid-table teams will time a good run and pop up at the death. Long time to go yet ladies and gents!
  • Scunthorpe 2 CAFC 0. Minor blip hopefully. Need to make sure we stay up there until Jan when we can hopefully get another option up front. Would've been nice to get a result though to back up the games in hand.
  • Scunthorpe 2 CAFC 0. Minor blip hopefully. Need to make sure we stay up there until Jan when we can hopefully get another option up front. Would've been nice to get a result though to back up the games in hand.

There's more chance of me playing up front in January than getting another striker
  • clb74 said:

Scunthorpe 2 CAFC 0. Minor blip hopefully. Need to make sure we stay up there until Jan when we can hopefully get another option up front. Would've been nice to get a result though to back up the games in hand.

There's more chance of me playing up front in January than getting another striker
    Noticed your lack of posts recently from when this thread started.
  • IT'S BACK ON :smiley:
  • IT'S BACK ON :smiley:

i’m saying back off by bury
  • Too little too late.

would have sacrificied the 3 points to be at Wembley this afternoon.
  • Bury 0 CAFC 1. HEAR WE GO AGAIN :neutral:
  • edited January 2018
    CAFC 3 WALSALL 1. Still on, and I'll continue to bore everyone with this thread until it's not :smiley:
  • Sponsored links:

• Bumping in anticipation of tonights win.
  • Wigan top
    Charlton 2nd
    Blackburn via playoffs

Shrewsbury?
    how's that going then?

• Still should be playoffs, but are we going to perform over 3 games to get through? who knows with this lot, we have the team on paper but hopefully we can get a run together and form for the playoffs (assuming we make them)
  • I said in August we would be 7th if we didn't have too many injuries ! Even when we went 4th with games in hand I stuck to 7th because we didn't have a 24 goal striker. Bolton are one of a very few teams to get promoted without having a high scorer. They kept plenty of clean sheets and won games 1-0. We can nick a play off place but fated with injuries so very unlikely even with new owner bounce (is there such a thing ?)
  • edited February 2018
    MK Dons 1 CAFC 2 The 12 game winning streak starts here :smiley: If only the past few weeks had been better :neutral:
  • Good result yesterday
    Keeps Posh 5 points behind us.

As Blackburn are 12 points above us dont think tonights game matters
  • edited February 2018
    This would be a great win if we could get it.

• Play-offs realistic especially if we can get points off those teams near us who we still have to play.
    Cant afford slip-ups though and I'm not sure we have the physical roughness especially in midfield. Against Oxford and last week at MK -just after they scored - we went all wobbly-kneed, got punished against Oxford and against a better team than MK we would probably have conceded again. It's frustrating because the lads really put the effort in and play some great passing football but, as so many have stated, too often there is no end product and this is what is going to kill us.
  • CAFC 2 PLYMOUTH 0. It's on again :wink: playoffs here we come!
  • Robbo being so intransigent means we will finish 7th and lose out on goal difference. Bowyer or An other will not have the lee way of losing games like soft lad did.