Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

**COUNTDOWN TO PROMOTION 17/18**

Comments

• Options
    edited August 2017

3 points off the top. Still in with a chance.

3 pts above bottom place.
  • Options
    edited August 2017
    PROMOTION, you having a laugh.
  • Options
    edited August 2017
    Way too early to start making predictions IMHO. As others have already said, there have been several false dawns under this regime.

I think the view that 'it's a marathon not a sprint' is the way to look at a season. I am trying to stay positive, but recent history does not bode well does it?
  • Options
    Oxford and Pompey. We may make play-offs if Gobbo is sacked when his 4-2-3-1 proves inadequate.
  • Options

Oxford and Pompey. We may make play-offs if Gobbo is sacked when his 4-2-3-1 proves inadequate.

Which it will in league one
  • Options
    reminds me of an ancient, classic Steely Dan collection .... 'Countdown to Ecstasy' .. and it'll be close to that WHEN we go up ((:>)
  • Options
    Bump
  • Options
    Oioi Super Charlton
  • Options
    edited August 2017
    :smiley:
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    Well... first cup out the way.
  • Options
    MrLargo said:

Season 2015-16, unbeaten in the first 4 games, including victories over QPR and Hull, both just relegated from the Premier League.

Outcome, relegated in shambolic fashion.

Decent performance on Saturday, against a side that we put 9 past last year. We scored from a goal that our manager says shouldn't have counted.

I would question the promotion credentials of any side with a squad so thin that Lee Novak gets to start in the first game of the season.

Ha, remember that? And there was a great long thread started about how Makienok would be a cult hero for years to come. Classic!
  • Options

MrLargo said:

Season 2015-16, unbeaten in the first 4 games, including victories over QPR and Hull, both just relegated from the Premier League.

Outcome, relegated in shambolic fashion.

Decent performance on Saturday, against a side that we put 9 past last year. We scored from a goal that our manager says shouldn't have counted.

I would question the promotion credentials of any side with a squad so thin that Lee Novak gets to start in the first game of the season.

Ha, remember that? And there was a great long thread started about how Makienok would be a cult hero for years to come. Classic!
    I remember leaving The Valley absolutely buzzing after that added time winner v Hull.

• Options
    Sorry I'm late
  • Options

I'm nearly as excited as old GrumpyAddick is.
  • Options
    Oi oi
    We are going up say we are going up
  • Options
    clb74 said:

Oi oi

Clearly not many people are as confident as we are. But.... it's coming.
  • Options

We'll be promoted at Rochdale

Believe
  • Options

clb74 said:

Oi oi

Clearly not many people are as confident as we are. But.... it's coming.
    I'm pretty confident too, just don't like to say much.

Look forward to people whinging about the 4-2-3-1 formation the game we secure promotion as well.
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    edited August 2017
    Looks like we will be in free fall according to OS, they are forecasting that we are going to lose the next 8 games. (do people not read what they write before sending for publication) :-(

With nine points from 12 games, the early signs are promising for Charlton but Amos was content to state that they need to continue the momentum ahead of next weekend’s away trip to Oldham.
  • Options
    Another step tomorrow. I reckon Dooda might actually do well.
  • Options
    Robinson took MK Dons up in 2014-2015.

They scored 117 goals in all competitions and the top 3 scorers were all full internationals (or have since become such): Will Grigg (Northern Ireland), Benik Afobe (Democratic Republic of Congo) and Dele Alli (England). Interestingly all 3 were brought in on loan.

Can't really see our strikers doing likewise......so my assumption is a fighting attempt at a promotion place, improving incrementally on last season.
  • Options
    Bump
  • Options
    Time too make this thread a sticky?
  • Options

Well said that man.
  • Options

Well said that man.
    the winning goal by all accounts
  • Options
    edited September 2017

Following the pattern of Powell. Be top by late September and not look back.
  • Options
    We are staying up! Said we are staying up
  • Options
    We are one point worse off than in 2011/12 our promotion season.

We started the first 5 games that season with 4 wins and a draw = 13 points.