Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

North lower

2»

Comments

• Options
    I had no problem ordering 56 lbs of bread pudding a bucket of custard, two kippers and a bonbon.
  • Options

I had no problem ordering 56 lbs of bread pudding a bucket of custard, two kippers and a bonbon.

Unfortunately I would have had no problem eating it
  • Options

What was happening large bar closed, main toilet shut, chaos, wtf is happening.

You should be drowning under a deluge of flags. We all know it is the Covered End.
  • Options

they couldn't even handle a thousand people at the friendly so no surprise they weren't prepared for this. they have employed school leavers and haven't trained them to use the ticket computer system. joke club.

Would never have been allowed to happen under Palarse Mandy's watch.
  • Options
    North lower, 1 steak pie and pint, 1 steak pie and soft drink for the boy.

1 lady to take the order, she then looked around for the guy dishing out the pies, he wasn't there so she looked around to where the pints were (already pulled) and there was no one there either, she then looks at me and the look on her face was saying "i don't know what to do" and wandered off looking for the guy with the pies, it took nearly 10 minutes!!!

I told her if she had gotten everything by herself i would have served in less than 2 minutes to which she said "enjoy the match"
  • Options

In the East my brother asked for our beers to be replaced as they were completely flat, and the women behind the counter kissed her teeth at him.

Please tell me he tipped them over the ignorant c*nts head.
    He did give her a few choice words. I know it's not the most glamorous job In the world but their attitude and customer service skills are severely lacking. Perhaps we shouldn't expect bubbles in a beer served in a plastic container costing £4.20.
    Never understood paying for overpriced weak pish in a plastic cup, even before the RD & KM regime, I refuse to buy it, even when offered by someone else I turn it down.
  • Sponsored links:

• Options

In the East my brother asked for our beers to be replaced as they were completely flat, and the women behind the counter kissed her teeth at him.

Do you think they drain the pumps after the last game of the season or just leave it?

If not then the beer has been sitting around for 3 months.
  • Options
    beer quality at any football ground is usually pretty poor, i'm surprised they don't do the bottles like at most other grounds as must be cost effective as saves on staff time to serve people meaning more can be sold, the qaulity improves and less wastage.
  • Options
    The club need to look at who are providing the staff for matchdays.
    They have no idea of the products they are selling.
    No idea of the customer base.
    other than a friendly smile and a `enjoy the match' they seem to have had very little training.
  • Options

although they have got a new flavour of crisps on sale roland insisted;

Same flavour as the beer then
  • Options

beer quality at any football ground is usually pretty poor, i'm surprised they don't do the bottles like at most other grounds as must be cost effective as saves on staff time to serve people meaning more can be sold, the qaulity improves and less wastage.

and in that statement i have probably done more for the club than what meire has in 3 years and saved roly a buck or two
  • Options

moral of this story is not to buy food or drink in the ground.

If you must drink before a game, why not go to a pub (I hear they sell decent beer & at the going rate too) and visit the chippy beforehand...........or do what many other people do & have lunch before you set off (obviously if you're local of course - if you're travelling some distance why not prepare yourself beforehand & buy a sandwich in a shop). Game kicks off at 3pm - even if you get to the ground at 2.15/2,30 that should leave enough time to have lunch at home beforehand or buy a sandwich and eat it on the way.

I realise "having a pint" before the game is traditional - but that tradition was set in the 1950's when most fans were men & they worked in factories on a sat morning & went straight from there to the game , so natural to have a pie & a pint before the match.

I expect that no more than 5% of fans work on a Saturday morning so the old "traditions" really don't apply anymore. Not stopping anyone doing what they want but why bleat about something you know from experience isn't going to be "up to scratch" and something which you can alter yourself.

It's funny really, I wouldn't thank you for fosters 99.99% of the time but, I over pay for and drink the absolute wank they sell in football grounds.
  • Options
    Same as you Dave , fosters is pisswater but a welcome drink at half time . I dont drink in the ground before a game , always in a pub so its just the half time pint . On a night game me and @northstandsteve sometimes share a half bottle of white
  • Sponsored links:

• Options

The club or in this case, the clubs appointed caterers, would make less profit margin on bottled beer than on draught beer.
    Even taking into account wastage and line cleaning, the other difficulty with bottled only sales, is a lack of room to to chill these products.
    Most stadiums offer a choice of bottled and draught beer.
  • Options
    The trouble with bottled beer at football grounds is that they charge around £4 a bottle.
    That works out at about £8 a pint.
    Fuck that
  • Options
    Isn't it usually 500ml bottles? Which for me is close enough
  • Options
    Most bottles are sold in 330ml measures
  • Options
    has no one had a mkoan up about the queues last saturday it was a farce
  • Options
    spelling police will be after me i know
  • Options
    Shag said:

Same as you Dave , fosters is pisswater but a welcome drink at half time . I dont drink in the ground before a game , always in a pub so its just the half time pint . On a night game me and @northstandsteve sometimes share a half bottle of white

Girls !
  • Options
    garfield said:

Most bottles are sold in 330ml measures

The Carlsberg they sold at the toolbox last year came in 500ml bottles. I remember because I threw a full one at their goalkeeper during the first half.
  • Options
    timken said:

has no one had a mkoan up about the queues last saturday it was a farce

standard :(