Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

Tony Watt - Waste of a Talent

Comments

• Options
    The guys a first class twat. First Charlton player I've ever disliked whilst playing for us. Northampton away last season cemented that.

I wish him well. But what an absolute waste of talent, he will be collecting glasses in a pub in under ten years.

More of a case of 'Watt not to watch!
  • Options
    I think Robinson being tight lipped about whether he would have wanted to retain Watt may be a sign that he would have wanted him but was told that if he also wanted another striker (which he does) Watt, as our highest paid remaining player, would need to go to free up the wage bill.

We'll not get promoted - or anywhere near it - relying on Magennis and Holmes for goals however good they are.
  • Options
    edited August 2017
    I do wonder if his has come out of the blue, especially after Tony sent a new shirt to a fan with his changed number on it. I doubt he would have done that had he known that we was leaving.
  • Options

Is that his missus?

Got more point on that chin than a dart.
  • Options
    Leuven 2nd div Belgian side. Doubt anyone earns more than £1k per week so huge subsidy on wages. But town has possibly the best bar in the world, the Fiere Margaret. Hope to bump into him on my next B200 trip.
  • Options

Leuven 2nd div Belgian side. Doubt anyone earns more than £1k per week so huge subsidy on wages. But town has possibly the best bar in the world, the Fiere Margaret. Hope to bump into him on my next B200 trip.

Not so sure. Someone said they are owned by the Leicester owners. Real ambition to get into the top division. Begs the question though as to why do they want Watt.
  • Options

Do we know definitively whether he has been loaned, or "sold" (i.e.contract cancelled) ? If sold, then surely we would not still pay any of his wages?

• Options

Do we know definitively whether he has been loaned, or "sold" (i.e.contract cancelled) ? If sold, then surely we would not still pay any of his wages?

Seems not or at least not yet.

In the club interview KR says Watt is "set" to move.

WIOTOS
  • Options
    Belgian media (timed at 19.47 BST) saying Watt is at a hotel in Leuven today and due to sign for the club tomorrow.

https://www.voetbalkrant.com/nl/nieuws/lees/2017-08-13/tony-watt-ex-spits-standard-en-lierse-tekent-maandag-bij-oh-leuven
  • Options
    A Belgian second division side, oh dear :unamused:
    Bright side is maybe Karel will rock up there and they can start to get the band back together.....
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    Seen Picture on Facebook just now of him in the white Leuven shirt .
  • Options
    cafc4life said:

I wonder who he'll be playing for next season.
  • Options
    se9addick said:

cafc4life said:

Let's crack open the champagne.

Now he's gone it's time to go and get a striker who can score goals at this level. It will be hard to find someone at this point - if he's in a first XI then his club won't let him go easily or cheaply. If he isn't then we need to question why not. It's going to be tough to find the right person but we've needed to strengthen this part of our team for a very long time and we've had from April 30th to do it, it's a very poor state of affairs that we're in this position.
    hardly a surprise though is it?

• Options
    Is it a loan or permanent?
  • Options
    Lierse have had a higher turnover of coaches than us recently. That should be good for our Tone.
  • Options
    robroy said:

I wish him well. But what an absolute waste of talent, he will be collecting glasses in a pub in under ten years.

I fear he will be doing well if he is collecting the glasses, rather than just emptying them.

Us, Cardiff, Blackburn and Hearts can't all be wrong at this stage - and a move back to Belgium surely can't have been high on his wishlist.

Hope he turns it around though and goes on to have a good rest of his career.
  • Options
    The club wanted to do it 10 days ago but decided against it because of the injury to Josh as well as after his dressing room antics in after the Rovers game and what happened the players were unhappy with him and told him as much.
  • Options

The club wanted to do it 10 days ago but decided against it because of the injury to Josh as well as after his dressing room antics in after the Rovers game and what happened the players were unhappy with him and told him as much.

And what antics were these?
  • Options

Not the best with another player after his poor pass against Bristol Rovers.
  • Sponsored links:

• Options

WTF, keep it internal. Someone else pulling the strings.
  • Options

Not the best with another player after his poor pass against Bristol Rovers.
    Don't be such a tease WIWLB. What happened?
  • Options
    these antic's -

It’s important we bring in another striker if we can,” said Pearce. “Obviously at the moment Lee Novak is suspended so Josh Magennis is the only recognised striker. Reeco [Hackett-Fairchild] is a young lad who hasn’t played that many games. It’s really important that we get another player in.

Tony’s a good lad, but obviously he wasn’t in the plans here. It happens in football but he moves on to something new and hopefully we can get someone else in to take his place. He was good around the place, a good lad to have around. At the end of the day, it’s the manager’s opinion or the club’s opinion on a player and if they’re not wanted in the squad they have to move on. It’s happened to myself and it’s happened to a lot of players – you have to stay strong and move on.”
  • Options
    What a mess.

Josh really didn't look at the races on Saturday, KAG and Reeco could be useful but don't need the pressure of carrying a team's goal scoring hopes on their shoulders and Novak is rubbish.

Our season will likely live and die by whether we can get someone in over the next 14 days.
  • Options
    but no mention of a fee.
  • Options

but no mention of a fee.
    and no mention of what size pay off to 'encourage' him to go

• Options

but no mention of a fee.
    Maybe they're paying us in Stella Artois ?
  • Options
    Shame to see him go as there's clearly a decent footballer in there. With the right attitude and fitness he could have been the best player in this league by a country mile. But without that he's just excess baggage.
  • Options

but no mention of a fee.
    and no mention of what size pay off to 'encourage' him to go

I think his contract was up at the end of this season, so I would think, the club have paid his wages for the rest of it.