Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.

Tony Watt - Waste of a Talent

Comments

• He's had the opportunity to play for all these clubs but doesn't seem to want to most games.
  • Why did he leave Leuven if he isn't allowed to play somewhere else ? Surely it's better to spend the next three months in their reserves than on his sofa ?
  • hes a frustrating player and i agree i think he will be out football within a few years, the amount of clubs hes played for for his age is ridiclous.

2010–2011 Airdrie United 15 (3)
    2011–2014 Celtic 25 (7)
    2013–2014 → Lierse (loan) 15 (9)
    2014–2015 Standard Liège 13 (2)
    2015–2017 Charlton Athletic 53 (9)
    2015–2016 → Cardiff City (loan) 9 (2)
    2016 → Blackburn Rovers (loan) 9 (1)
    2016 → Heart of Midlothian (loan) 16 (1)
    2017– OH Leuven 11 (1)

Hang on. Is this right? Has he really played more games for us than for any other club? That’s unbelievable.
    The same still applies to Diego Poyet...
  • Can probably sign for a non-league club over here and perhaps clubs in some leagues abroad?
  • Didn’t he play for Cardiff, Blackburn & is in the same season?
  • Think he could probably go to America or somewhere like that where the window is still open
  • I was at the Exeter game & can't remembet him playing......must have been that good.
  • Sponsored links:

• Twww finds it hard to stay fit even when he is training regularly at a club.
    God only knows what sort of shape he will be in if he can't play again till next season
  • edited February 2018
    You know what will happen...

He will go back to his Thames side flat...

Ask if he can come in to training at Sparrows Lane, "just to keep his fitness levels up"...

First day: he will turn up on time, and do a full training session...

The second day, he will turn up late, do half a session, then sit down exhausted by the side, get his breath back, and shout abuse at the others still training...

The third day, he will turn up for training half way through, pi55ed, throw a punch at an academy player, wobble off back to his car, drive off in a screech of tyres, and will never be seen at Sparrows Lane again...
  • You know what will happen...

Ask if he can come in to training at Sparrows Lane, "just to keep his fitness levels up"...

The second day, he will turn up late, do half a session, then sit down exhausted by the side, get his breath back, and shout abuse at the others still training...

The third day, he will turn up for training half way through, pi55ed, throw a punch at an academy player, wobble off back to his car, drive off in a screech of tyres, and wont be seen at Sparrows Lane for another 12months...

• He could always keep fit at Sparrows Lane by digging a few trenches.
  • He'll be the type of player playing for the likes of AFC Flyde in the FA Cup First Round one day - Commentator will naturally make a comment about the Barcelona goal, and can already hear Mark Lawrenson coming out with some sarcastic response
  • edited February 2018
    I always noticed with Watt, that he would absolutely berate the younger players during a match when they didn't do what he expected of them. His reaction's were over the top at time, and only ever at the younger players which made me think it must be something psychological.
  • Tony Watt born with magic feet from Harrods, unfortunately his brain came from the pound shop. Rarely were they in sync. Maybe on 2 occasions against Forrest and the £5 game against Huddersfield if my memory serves me right. A Celtic legend predicted TW would be driving a bus by the time he was 28 ! That could still come to fruition.

Would you want to get on that bus? He really needs some help from a psychologist.
  • He can come and do my job if he wants. Up at 04.30, Twelve hour day Mon-Fri. He's going to wake up one morning and realise it's to little to late with a headful of regrets. Some people are beyond help and advice.

F*** those hours.
  • Sponsored links:

• You know what will happen...

The third day, he will turn up for training half way through, pi55ed, throw a punch at an academy player, wobble off back to his car, drive off in a screech of tyres, and will never be seen at Sparrows Lane again...

and will be on the bench versus Shrewsbury.

• Wonder who it was.

He can only play for certain teams I:E
    China
    America
    Ireland(i believe)

• Wonder who it was.

China
    America
    Ireland(i believe)
    Dont quite a few of the Scandinavian Leagues run from Spring to Autumn because of the harsh winters so could also be somewhere like there

i.e. Ostersunds lost to Arsenal the other day but they'll be hindered because its their pre-season at the moment
  • I always noticed with Watt, that he would absolutely berate the younger players during a match when they didn't do what he expected of them. His reaction's were over the top at time, and only ever at the younger players which made me think it must be something psychological.

Isn't that the difference? We have seen so many with exceptional talent over the years who haven't made it, and it's almost always because of what's going on in their heads.
  • Ony Twatt, i get it now.

• Wonder who it was.

China
    America
    Ireland(i believe)
    Part of me thinks he would do well in the US because 80% of every starting 11 are League One at best level players, but then I remember despite the fact TW probably has more talent in his little finger (well, maybe his entire hand and forearm, but still) than most of them, I'm reminded that they actually have a pretty stellar level of fitness, so he'd probably be blowing out of his arse after a few minutes.

Maybe he'd suit an NASL or USL team like Red Bulls II or something
  • CTIGower said:

Wonder who it was.

China
    America
    Ireland(i believe)
    Part of me thinks he would do well in the US because 80% of every starting 11 are League One at best level players, but then I remember despite the fact TW probably has more talent in his little finger (well, maybe his entire hand and forearm, but still) than most of them, I'm reminded that they actually have a pretty stellar level of fitness, so he'd probably be blowing out of his arse after a few minutes.

Maybe he'd suit an NASL or USL team like Red Bulls II or something
    Whilst the quality might be League One level, American soccer (particularly MLS) is renowned to be extremely fitness focused.

The teams have to travel cross country a lot, playing in different climates, dealing with jetlag etc. If you have a natural fitness problem then playing in the US isn't for you.
  • I got the feeling towards the end of his time with us that he had lost whatever it was he had.
    A luxury player with little in return - why on earth would anybody want him back?