Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

Tony Watt - Waste of a Talent

Comments

• Options

if he is now a free agent, who would have him back till the end of the season?

Only if we have a situation where we need to bring him on in the 94th minute to hold the ball up at the corner flag. And even then I'm not sure that the corner flag wouldn't win the ball.
    ala last Saturday. bring him on after 93 mins & give him the ball high up the pitch, That way we might not concede on 94 mins week after week.
  • Options

Only if we have a situation where we need to bring him on in the 94th minute to hold the ball up at the corner flag. And even then I'm not sure that the corner flag wouldn't win the ball.
    ala last Saturday. bring him on after 93 mins & give him the ball high up the pitch, That way we might not concede on 94 mins week after week.
    But we might concede a few during the first 93.

I can’t believe people are still talking about having him back with any sense of seriousness.

Very sadly. Tony is never going to be a team player and again sadly he’s on a tailspin career wise. I wish I could see him pull out of it but I think it’s highly unlikely.

• Options
    edited February 2018
    “Unfortunately I never played much football”

Downstairs for dancing and upstairs for...erm....
  • Options

WSS said:
    Tony has more bloody chapters than War & Peace..
    Think he'll move on from OHL to DHL, coming soon TW delivering your orders.
  • Options

Do you never learn or just enjoy making the same mistakes over and over again?
  • Options
    hes a frustrating player and i agree i think he will be out football within a few years, the amount of clubs hes played for for his age is ridiclous.

2010–2011 Airdrie United 15 (3)
    2011–2014 Celtic 25 (7)
    2013–2014 → Lierse (loan) 15 (9)
    2014–2015 Standard Liège 13 (2)
    2015–2017 Charlton Athletic 53 (9)
    2015–2016 → Cardiff City (loan) 9 (2)
    2016 → Blackburn Rovers (loan) 9 (1)
    2016 → Heart of Midlothian (loan) 16 (1)
    2017– OH Leuven 11 (1)
  • Options
    iaitch said:

WSS said:
    Tony has more bloody chapters than War & Peace..
    Think he'll move on from OHL to DHL, coming soon TW delivering your orders.
    Surely he’s a bit more Deliveroo....
  • Sponsored links:

• Options

Whoooooooooossshhhhhhhhhh :smile:
  • Options

I've never known what a whooosh is, is it good or bad?

Should I be feeling smug or out for revenge?
  • Options

Whoosh, as in the joke went over your head.
  • Options

Whoosh, as in the joke went over your head.
    Bugger!
  • Options
    When he's out of the game by the age of 30 he MIGHT realise what a waste of a talent.
  • Options
    Still only 24 so has time to sort his head out and focus on football.

But he will probably be playing Scottish lower league or English non league in a couple of years time unless he sorts himself out.

• Options
    I hope the lad sorts himself out. Great technical skill, no stamina, come on Tony sort yourself out before its too late. Maybe a spell over here in the A league would suit him.
  • Options
    Spends too much time doing some pathetic blog about films (WATT to watch), complete waste of space !
  • Options
    cafc4life said:

I think he'll end up at Airdrie where he started or somwhere up in Scotland in the lower echelons

http://the72.co.uk/98343/belgian-side-release-1-3m-valued-former-charlton-celtic-striker/

Not until the summer, though...
  • Sponsored links:

• Options

cafc4life said:

I think he'll end up at Airdrie where he started or somwhere up in Scotland in the lower echelons

http://the72.co.uk/98343/belgian-side-release-1-3m-valued-former-charlton-celtic-striker/

Not until the summer, though...
    So, he could come back and play for us.
  • Options

Still only 24 so has time to sort his head out and focus on football.

But he will probably be playing Scottish lower league or English non league in a couple of years time unless he sorts himself out.

"Years" more like weeks!!
  • Options
    Very frustrating,how many of us would have loved to play pro football but were not good enough,yet here is a man with talent in abundance,(like a lot more I could think of)who is just wasting it.
  • Options
    Think he needs to move away from Europe and perhaps to a different culture. I know he went to Belgium but that's practically an hour away.

Ravel Morrison for example has moved to Mexico and finally seems to be getting his head down.
  • Options
    plenty of time to watch films now eh
  • Options
    Football is a small world. I’d be surprised if there is a manager who would touch him now. May well be game over. Such a shame as he is a talent but there is clearly something that goes wrong time after time.
  • Options

Football is a small world. I’d be surprised if there is a manager who would touch him now. May well be game over. Such a shame as he is a talent but there is clearly something that goes wrong time after time.

At the moment though there are enough arrogant Managers who'll see his talent and believe they can sort him out.

Its already been said but I'd be very surprised if he doesn't return to Airdrie, the fact he cant play for anyone now till next season (As he's left OHL outside the transfer window), could have a massive impact on ruining his career.

Be interesting if he's allowed back at Charlton to keep up his fitness until that stage like Roger Johnson was
  • Options

His excuse this time is probably Leuven changing manager not long after he signed.
  • Options
    The really stupid thing is that he’s not allowed to play for another club. Surely that’s some kind of restrain of trade is it not?