Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

Cross bar challenge

13»

Comments

• Options
    He looked the part. Indeed it was probably Lee Bowyer in disguise trying to raise some money towards his free agent new management role....

• Options
    The Charlton subs mobbing the winner today was brilliant.

Maybe reading too much into it but perhaps an example of the reconnect between fans and players Bowyer spoke of recently.

Possibly, but what do our subs do at half time, yer, play keep uppy - someone needs to sort that out. Southend were doing drills at least for part of the time.

Guy did well though, he looked the most likely for a while.
  • Options
    Lovely seeing the guy win BUT should we really sing sign him up ?

We've had plenty of players who hit the crossbar/post, I want a net buster !
  • Options

The ball went in off the bar so it was a goal.

If Meire was still here he'd have a five year deal by now
  • Options
    Only if he’d ruptured his Achilles while doing it. 
  • Options

You all know I like to have a go at Henry, but this is truly, factually incorrect! It bounced down just in front of the line. ONE POINT TO ME!

In other news, I do wonder if anyone knows the guy. It was weird how he had his whole family there. Like he knew he was going to do it
  • Options
    Leuth said:

You all know I like to have a go at Henry, but this is truly, factually incorrect! It bounced down just in front of the line. ONE POINT TO ME!

In other news, I do wonder if anyone knows the guy. It was weird how he had his whole family there. Like he knew he was going to do it
    Whoooooosh
  • Options
    You play some strange games. I guess rooting out pedants is a game. Who'll bite? Oh, Leuth again. 
  • Options
    Kin ell he looked a lot younger from a distance thought he was in his early 30s FairPlay to the old fella 
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    Felt sorry for the fella today, all a bit rushed as the players were out and almost ready for the second half and back down to £500 as well , he had a decent effort as well floating it just over 
  • Options
    edited March 2019
    Seriously , he looked the part came up and omg pathetic would be a compliment, one of the worst ever attempts it just dribbled along the floor and wide
    and was that his mate a crossbar challenge pitch invader , who jumped over The advertise boarding and nearly took out matey on the mike booting the ball back !
  • Options
    That was a shocker today especially as he was wearing shorts!

If you're going to be rubbish, wear jeans or a suit and work shoes as an excuse :smile:
  • Options
    Embarrassing attempt. Why bother even turning up if you’re going to do that?
  • Options
    His family/friends were in the north upper with a video camera filming the whole debacle.
  • Options
    That was truly awful, possibly the worst effort to date. Feel for the guy....NOT!
  • Options
    Was strutting around in front of the West stand like Billy big bollocks before hand. Much more sheepish after.
  • Options
    edited March 2019
    addick05 said:
    That was truly awful, possibly the worst effort to date. Feel for the guy....NOT!
    It was shite don't get me wrong and 100% know my 7 yo could do better but the effort a couple of weeks back was just daft. 
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    Instead of showing clips of matches when we were in the premier before the match, which I find depressing as we are now a 3rd tier club, is it not possible to show the attempt yesterday where the ball didn't leave the grass before every home game to cheer the fans up ?

Good on the guy for trying but even if he had a deep sea divers outfit on with flippers he couldn't have made such a Horlicks.

Thanks for the memory.
  • Options
    I’m still baffled by that attempt....just what the hell!
    Absolute joke effort......5 yards wide and never left the ground.....embarrassing ‘ain’t the word!
  • Options
    pressure & the occasion got to him. if he tried it again today he'd do it no problem...  ;)
  • Options
    pressure & the occasion got to him. if he tried it again today he'd do it no problem...  ;)
    Mmmmm!
  • Options
    This years scapegoat :)
  • Options
    Can I scotch the rumour for fans who either weren't there or having their HT refreshments that Simon Church Did not attempt the Cross bar challenge yesterday.
  • Options
    Could have an entertaining one for what I presume will be the Brentford game

Dont know if he posts on here but on twitter the bloke doing it has been dared by Smile Like You Mean it (Photographer) to do a Lyle Taylor style walk up to the ball

Even Lyle himself has given his encouragement for it