Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

Cross bar challenge

Comments

• Options
    They might rethink this competition - I can't believe it would have sold more additional Jackpot tickets than the payout has cost them. The logical thing to do would have been to restart the prize money this season and build up again...
  • Options

Just been picked out for the crossbar challenge at the Bristol Rovers game for £3,500 . My 15 year old son is going to take it. No Pressure!

Good luck!!
  • Options
    I hope he spends the next 3 weeks practising in a park over and over again. I’m not saying it’s easy but it’s such a waste of an opportunity when they’re no where near. Saturday’s one was an absolute joke.
  • Options

Just been picked out for the crossbar challenge at the Bristol Rovers game for £3,500 . My 15 year old son is going to take it. No Pressure!

He's not got much to live up to, the one on Saturday was shocking!

Just make sure he spends the week beforehand practising. Forget maths and french homework, this is more important :smiley:
  • Options

If not... What will you spend your £10 gift voucher on if thats what you win ;)
  • Options

Good luck!!
    I've told him there's a £100 in it for him if he hit's it. First time he's ever swore at me!
    Get him to practice with a proper ball. I think some may practice with a lighter ball and it is a shock when they kick the match one!
  • Options
    a bit of practice...it's not that hard to do
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    about the same standard as most weeks attempts then
  • Options

Good luck!!
    I've told him there's a £100 in it for him if he hit's it. First time he's ever swore at me!
    wtf !!! You give him £100 if he wins you £3500 !!! If I was him I'd do a Nicky Bailey & send the ball into the top tier.....turn round & give you the finger. you tight ******
    Good grief
  • Options
    That might be your best chance of hitting the bar.
  • Options
    Would love it if someone was asked what would you spend the money on if you win?

"Maybe a couple of return trips to Belgium. Bar that i also have a couple of other cards up my sleeve".
  • Options
    How did it go today? My mates son was doing it. How many have a go, is it just the one?
  • Options
    Yes he was a lot closer than most about a foot over the bar
  • Options

Cheers Steve
  • Sponsored links:

• Options

You must have bloody big feet!
  • Options
    Riviera said:

How did it go today? My mates son was doing it. How many have a go, is it just the one?

A real pet hate of mine how absolutely pony the attempts have been that I’ve seen recently .
    Some of them genuinely can’t kick a ball .
    Your mates son has restored my faith , a decent little ping that was unlucky to miss , he gave it a chance .
    The others have been struggling to get the ball 2 ft off the floor ffs
    Was he wearing Astro /studded/moulded boots or brown shoes , i wasn’t sure from where I was but it was a decent hit
  • Options
    First decent effort for a while.
  • Options

Riviera said:

A real pet hate of mine how absolutely pony the attempts have been that I’ve seen recently .
    Some of them genuinely can’t kick a ball .
    Your mates son has restored my faith , a decent little ping that was unlucky to miss , he gave it a chance .
    The others have been struggling to get the ball 2 ft off the floor ffs
    Was he wearing Astro /studded/moulded boots or brown shoes , i wasn’t sure from where I was but it was a decent hit
    It looked like boots - and it was probably nearer 3 feet than a foot but still a great attempt. It also wasn't a "loopy lou" type of effort but a flat clean strike of the ball.
  • Options
    Loved it , we all said the fella looked the part, I wondered if it was all the gear and no idea but I think I cheered as much when he hit the bar as when we scored.

Had a go at my sons footy training this morning and hit numbers 4&5 on the bar and then number 18 out of 20 .. so 3 in 20 not great .
    one shameful one along the floor and another crap one a couple of feet off the floor the rest were decent enough .
    im 48 got dodgey knees and was an ok Sunday morning linesman/footballer .
  • Options
    First time someone has worn a kit and football boots, he had to do it.

• Options
    edited February 2019
    That was one classy finish onto the bar. For some reason I had a good he would win it. Lovely scenes after it too as the 2 girls ran on to celebrate and the players got stuck in too.
  • Options
    He looked the part. Indeed it was probably Lee Bowyer in disguise trying to raise some money towards his free agent striker...