Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

Charlton I need you more than ever....

I'm coming to today's game. Bringing my two boys with me.

Recently separated, Charlton will be the one constant thing I can do with my boys. I need the team and regime to entertain us, to give us positive things to talk about to want us to go again.

Now I need CAFC to bring us together.

I want some long term memories that we'll always have.

Come on you Reds!

Comments

• Options
    You might meet the love of your life at the game
  • Options
    Really up for today, feels like it could be the start of a great season. Up the Addicks
  • Options

Really up for today, feels like it could be the start of a great season. Up the Addicks

It does have that buzz about it, doesn't it? I fear this will all end in flames...
  • Options
    This is what football can do. I love it. Hope this season allows us to enjoy charlton. Good luck.
  • Options
    I cannot wait for 3.00pm!!!

Hopefully the start of better times.
  • Options
    I usually find when you need a lift charlton just make you more miserable...

But no way you won't enjoy a nice opening day in the sunshine with your kids and I'm sure they'll be in it for the long haul with the rest of us!
  • Options
    edited August 2017

I cannot wait for 3.00pm!!!

Hopefully the start of better times.

When there is a collective special excitement about a game 3.00 PM is usually the time the day starts going Pear-shaped!

For me, the day of a match I am looking forward to starts soon after breakfast. All those long forgotten rituals from another age!
  • Options
    supaclive said:

Recently separated, Charlton will be the one constant thing I can do with my boys. I need the team and regime to entertain us, to give us positive things to talk about to want us to go again.

Come on you Reds!

Win lose or draw, they will all be precious memories that your sons will recount when they share those memories with their own children.

Enjoy your boys, sod the football :)
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    Hope you enjoyed today.
  • Options
    The team put in a performance today, hope you and your boys enjoyed it
    and good luck to you superclive, seperations are never easy.
  • Options
    Pleased to hear it Supaclive.
  • Options
    Good news !
  • Options
    Roland out.
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    Hope you and the boys had a great day out @superclive
  • Options
    supaclive said:

Come on you Reds!

I don't know how old your boys are but as sad as this might sound you can overcome poor results (and performances) by replaying the games on a Playstation with them when you get home. It's also something that you can do with them that will keep their interest in Charlton when going to games is less fun.

My son has no interest in going to Charlton any more - never really got into is as he started going just as it all went to $hit. He does play FIFA on the Playstation though and always plays as Charlton - all be it that he plays himself upfront and seems to score the lion's share of the goals himself - if you know what I mean.

If it helps my wife and I split up four years ago and my son and I are closer than we ever were. The only bit of, non specific, advise I can give is stay fiends with the mum and never, ever, ever, bad mouth her in front of your boys - even if they tell you she has done so about you. There are many things that children forget as they get older but I don't think they ever forget if one of their parents says mean things about the other one.

Also I think the boycott against buying shirts doesn't count if it's for your children!

Good luck.