Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.

Darren Deadman

Darren Deadman has been axed from the football league due to alleged misconduct. Another referee has also been suspended but not completely axed. The two cases are not related. I am very surprised to hear this.
I will try and attach article

Comments

• Here is the article.
  • I wonder what happened with him

Its a shame as felt he was one of the best Referees in the Football League, the way he handled Billy Sharp's celebration after the loss of his child and the way he handled our protests at the Middlesbrough game were excellent - Because of the latter it can't have been coincidence when he was given another one of our protesting games after that one
  • match officials, like anyone else in the public eye, must be SOOOO careful nowadays, the all prevalent social media is always watching
  • Prolly had a bet of some sort
  • Shame - best referee outside the Premier league.

• Prolly had a bet of some sort

*IF* that's the case, then fair enough. Referees having a bet is far worse than a player doing so. They have the ultimate power to give a dodgy penalty or red card or whatever, thereby hugely influencing the game.

Even if - hypothetically - it wasn't a game they were due to referee, they all tend to know each other/know of each other. It'd be very dangerous.
  • That's a big IF given that there's no evidence whatsoever for us to base that on.
  • I seem to be alone in my view that he was a below average referee. Although CAFC often seemed to get benefit from his 50/50 decisions.
  • Didn't we generally get a decent result if he was ref?
  • Sponsored links:

• Darren Deadman has been axed from the football league due to alleged misconduct. Another referee has also been suspended but not completely axed. The two cases are not related. I am very surprised to hear this.

Darren Deadman has been axed from the football league due to alleged misconduct. Another referee has also been suspended but not completely axed. The two cases are not related. I am very surprised to hear this.

Damn, that's put a right dent in our promotion hopes. We hadn't lost with Deadman in charge for donkey's years.

• and as the villains always said in the old time westerns .. 'Dead men tell no tales'
  • JiMMy 85 said:

That's a big IF given that there's no evidence whatsoever for us to base that on.

Hence why I capitalised it and put stars around it ;)