Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.

2017/18 Betting Thread

Comments

• edited February 2018

Nicholas said:

With Blackburn going top last night all four of my pre season tips are now top . Any idea why William Hill won’t offer a cash out ?

Its prob because there is Championship games tonight, so they have suspended the betting. You should get an offer after or in the morning.
    I have never had a cashout option on this bet for some reason while a couple others i did ( not doing so well) at the start of the season have cashout options.
    The true odds of them all coming in is about 5/1 and WH wouldn't offer that anyway - I suspect that they would offer you about £600 - £800 but I equally suspect that you wouldn't take that anyway.
    I'd be tempted with £1500 - no less
  • clb74 said:

clb74 said:

With Blackburn going top last night all four of my pre season tips are now top . Any idea why William Hill won’t offer a cash out ?

Beds could you not lay Blackburn on betfair
    You could but if Blackburn win the League and Luton don't then you would lose on both bets. I'm on Luton and they are, effectively, 6 points clear if we include goal difference but it only takes a couple of defeats and that lead will be all but eroded. And they have lacked a bit of consistency recently.

In any event, you would have to lay them at 3/1 plus and a substantial amount of the winnings would be given away.

I suspect that a cash out hasn't been offered because Shrewsbury play tonight and their result will affect the standings.
    Lay the double
    Luton about 1/4 on
    Luton 1/3 to lay
    Blackburn 3/1 to lay

Depends which way you look at it but it's a lot to shell out to guarantee anything meaningful when compared to the ultimate result.
  • Bet365 in play offer again tonight, and once again only get a fiver.
    Why do they hate me? Bastards.

They hate me too. >0.5 goals for the real bet, Barcelone to win for the freebie, seeing as I left it too late to get good odds on 0-0
  • clb74 said:

clb74 said:

You could but if Blackburn win the League and Luton don't then you would lose on both bets. I'm on Luton and they are, effectively, 6 points clear if we include goal difference but it only takes a couple of defeats and that lead will be all but eroded. And they have lacked a bit of consistency recently.

In any event, you would have to lay them at 3/1 plus and a substantial amount of the winnings would be given away.

I suspect that a cash out hasn't been offered because Shrewsbury play tonight and their result will affect the standings.
    Lay the double
    Luton about 1/4 on
    Luton 1/3 to lay
    Blackburn 3/1 to lay

Depends which way you look at it but it's a lot to shell out to guarantee anything meaningful when compared to the ultimate result.
    I'd do that Lay double and Wolves will implode knowing my luck!
  • edited February 2018
    clb74 said:

Because that will be let down by Charlton?
  • Reckon I'm going to be cursing Villa come full-time tonight...
  • clb74 said:

clb74 said:

Lay the double
    Luton about 1/4 on
    Luton 1/3 to lay
    Blackburn 3/1 to lay

I'd do that Lay double and Wolves will implode knowing my luck!
    City are on wobble as well
  • Tonight's footie.

Gone under 2.5 on Chelsea v Barca and will have the free £25 on Barca win.

Brentford, Middlesboro £30 double
    Villa, Shrewsbury, Aldershot £10 treble
    £4 all 5.

2 winners including your £30 double
    Beers on you then lol
  • Tonight's footie.

£4 all 5.

Beers on you then lol
    Went to Crayford and lost at least what I won ! So free night out.
  • With Blackburn going top last night all four of my pre season tips are now top . Any idea why William Hill won’t offer a cash out ?

Having a similar issue with Bet365 at the moment who are not offering me cash out on my pre-season arch of Huddersfield relegated, Mansfield promoted and Shrewsbury relegated. Being generous I am only looking for my stake back.
  • Sponsored links:

• edited February 2018
    Cracking bet @Bedsaddick good luck
  • Sky bet doing man city @ 6/4 for a tenner
  • Need a Newcastle goal for 300 quid off of a fiver

• This my twitter page, gone slightly viral now, thought CL needed to see this..
  • Tonight's footie.

£4 all 5.

Beers on you then lol

£5 bet on this now would return £20

3/1
  • Bet 365 are doing in-play bet for Tottenham v Juventus on Wednesday.
  • 14th placed Walsall 9/5 to beat bottom of the league Rochdale tonight at home
    They just beat Southend 3-0 away
    Am i missing something?
  • Big_Bob said:

14th placed Walsall 9/5 to beat bottom of the league Rochdale tonight at home
    Am i missing something?

I hope not BB, i have put them in mine...

I had a tip via twitter from someone who is professional gambler, it said the following 5 games:
    Villa
    Cardiff
    Newport
    Fulham
    Shrewsbury

I could not see Shrewsbury anywhere so i have put Walsall in, return £170ish from £5
  • Shrews playing Yeovil in EFL trophy semi

my midweek flutter:

Walsall
    Spurs
    BTTS QPR/Derby
    Gary Anderson to beat Gurney in the darts

10 returns 210
  • Sponsored links:

• Big_Bob said:

Shrews playing Yeovil in EFL trophy semi

my midweek flutter:

Walsall
    Spurs
    BTTS QPR/Derby
    Gary Anderson to beat Gurney in the darts

10 returns 210

Good luck chuck, didn't realise that was EFL trophy would have put that instead of Walsall as the odds put me off a bit but Rochdale are in poor form in the league and Walsall have picked up recently.
  • Doing a variety of small accys tonight, but Accrington at 5/6 vs Morecambe looks attractive.
    Single plus Boro and Villa at 7.5 or so
  • I got Derby, Villa, Brentford, Boro, Cardiff and BTTS fulham v sheff u at 49-1

Lucks been out last few weeks on accys though seem to be doing far better at in play so I gone for tonights Madrid PSG - over 3.5 goals 7 corners+ each team - 12-1

fiver on each.
  • Cardiff
    Fulham
    Walsall. treble
  • Big_Bob said:

14th placed Walsall 9/5 to beat bottom of the league Rochdale tonight at home
    Am i missing something?

Good spot - Can’t work that one out at all

Walsall’s home form is reasonable and Rochdale have won 1/8 away

Very odd.

21/10 is a must bet
  • edited March 2018
    Maybe now they have got the FA Cup out the way, they can get back to concentrating on the league.
    Like the look of Derby away. QPR don't look anything special and Derby were unlucky not to get anything from in form Fulham at the weekend.
    6/4 @ Bet365
  • I've got Derby, Villa and Walsall, Treble and 3 doubles.

Read the team news for Walsall vs Rochdale, nothing to explain the odds being offered on Walsall, no significant injuries, Walsall boss says he's "expecting a battle" - aren't they always?! Think it said Rochdale had won on their last two visits to Walsall but hadn't won three consecutive games their since 1926. All the recent form stas favoured Walsall.

Asked my brother to ask his mate who works for a statistical betting company what he thinks, if I get an answer back I'll stick it on here. Tempted to go big on that as a single.
  • MrLargo said:

I've got Derby, Villa and Walsall, Treble and 3 doubles.

Read the team news for Walsall vs Rochdale, nothing to explain the odds being offered on Walsall, no significant injuries, Walsall boss says he's "expecting a battle" - aren't they always?! Think it said Rochdale had won on their last two visits to Walsall but hadn't won three consecutive games their since 1926. All the recent form stas favoured Walsall.

Asked my brother to ask his mate who works for a statistical betting company what he thinks, if I get an answer back I'll stick it on here. Tempted to go big on that as a single.

Yes please share if you hear anything before kick off. I did wonder why they are such big odds.

Gone for
    Boro
    Villa
    Walsall
    Mansfield

33/1
  • Had forgotten about Rochdale’s cup run. Price must be based on their performance vs Spurs rather than the League One table. Still think it’s a rick and Walsall are a must bet.

Taking the evens draw no bet is another option
  • The fucking bookies always know. Walsall 1 down