Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

Boeing Dreamliner

2»

Comments

• Options

My Dad reckons the Boeing 707 is the best looking airliner and I reckon he's right.

Though the 727 was great too!

Not to good if you were sitting at the back....bloody noisy.
  • Options
    edited August 2017

My Dad reckons the Boeing 707 is the best looking airliner and I reckon he's right.

Though the 727 was great too!

Tri-Star was a stylish looking plane...as were/are the DC-10 & MD-11.
  • Options
    if we are converting from train spotters to plane spotters, I'm happy....
  • Options
    I like th P4P3R Planes...

I once went through a stage of building many of them, I would fly them around the class room sky and even used them as messengers with notes stashed inside...

Sadly mobile phones then replaced these... Texts became the new messenger service and I was always too shy to ask for girls numbers back then....

Here's my latest effort.

It's not mine... I stole the image.
  • Options
    Thomson dream liner is the best plane I've been on. Only went to Lanzarote on it though.
  • Options
    South Eastern are going to drive a train in the shape of a long snake #anoraks
  • Options
    Waste of fuel.
  • Options
    I've flown a lot in the last 14 years to and from Australia approaching 70 return flights. The A380 is quiet and I actually flew unintentionally on the inaugural Qantas A380 out of Sydney. The problem with both the Emirates A380 and Qantas is that they are fitted with really firm seats and after the 15 hour flight up from Sydney to Dubai you end up with a really sore/numb arse. Singapore's A380 has softer seats and it's pretty comfy. Most of the 777's are comfy across the brands. The old 747's were really noisy but generally comfortable planes. Not flown a Dreamliner as yet but look forward to it when the opportunity comes along. Never been upgraded so it's been Cattle class all the way for me.
  • Options

South Eastern are going to drive a train in the shape of a long snake #anoraks

Yeah I heard about that. It's intended to replicate the movement of the "Rosy Boa", one of the slowest-moving breeds of snake in the world. You can see it anytime you want this year for about £1500, or you can wait until next year to go and see it but by then it'll cost you £1700, and it'll probably be a short-formed Rosy Boa due to a lack of available rolling stock following an earlier snake failure at East Farleigh.
  • Options
    I remember when I was working at TUI Travel next to Luton Airport when the Dreamliner was on its maiden flight before going into service.
    They asked all staff to stand in car park at airport while it did fly pass & dipped it's wing as a salute.
    What surprised me was how quite it was even though it was pretty low over how heads.