Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.

Comments

• Options
    It's the fifth best goal of the five though. Maybe fourth best if Izzet's is dismissed as speculative
  • Options
    I'd also vote for it ahead of the first Bergkamp I guess but the PDC and second Bergkamp were paradigm-shifting and haven't been replicated. Van Persie has replicated the Bartlett two or three times alone
  • Options
    Nicholas said:

Nothing will beat Dennis Bergkamps goal, one of the best of all time. Still voted for Bartlett though :smile:

Nothing will beat it because Arsenal fans go enmass to win this type of poll... They must think they get a trophy for each one they win!!
  • Options
    Voting for everyone's favourite Mussolini fan I think
  • Options

Nicholas said:

Nothing will beat Dennis Bergkamps goal, one of the best of all time. Still voted for Bartlett though :smile:

Nothing will beat it because Arsenal fans go enmass to win this type of poll... They must think they get a trophy for each one they win!!
    Hate Arsenal and their fans obviously but they do have an unarguably huge slice of the great PL goal pie. Would even say they have the greatest of all (Wilshere vs Norwich)
  • Options
    Leuth said:

It's the fifth best goal of the five though. Maybe fourth best if Izzet's is dismissed as speculative

Yeah I know but I'm being faithful lol
  • Options
    I still don't think Bergkamp meant the one against Newcastle.
  • Options
    I was faithful, but Sean was just sitting above Muzzy on 4%
  • Options
    Definitely better than Izzet's goal. Di Canio and Bartlett's are pretty similar. Di Canio's was probably easier in that the ball didn't come across his body but, on the other hand, he was a couple of feet in the air at the time. Bergkamp's were both better though :(
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    It's better than the Izzet goal, definitely, especially as it comes from over the shoulder.

It's as good as the first Bergkamp goal - two different methods on how to finish that sort of lobbed through ball.

But it's nowhere near as good as the Di Canio goal, and absolutely nowhere near the Bergkamp vs Newcastle goal. They're masterful.
  • Options

Four words:

Claus Jensen at Arsenal.

Far superior to Bartlett's, IMO
  • Options
    Leuth said:

Nicholas said:

Hate Arsenal and their fans obviously but they do have an unarguably huge slice of the great PL goal pie. Would even say they have the greatest of all (Wilshere vs Norwich)
    Wilsheres goal vs Norwich wasn't even the best one that week. The Fulham blokes volley at Palace on the Monday after was much better.
  • Options
    Rizzo said:

Definitely better than Izzet's goal. Di Canio and Bartlett's are pretty similar. Di Canio's was probably easier in that the ball didn't come across his body but, on the other hand, he was a couple of feet in the air at the time. Bergkamp's were both better though :(

The flair 'scissor' motion in the air for Di Canios elevates it above Bartlett's for me. Narrower angle too.

Voted for Bartlett though. 4th above Izzet IMO. Bergkamp vs Newcastle #1.
  • Options
    MrOneLung said:

Leuth said:

Nicholas said:

Wilsheres goal vs Norwich wasn't even the best one that week. The Fulham blokes volley at Palace on the Monday after was much better.
    Incredible strike yes but I prefer the Wilshere goal because the interplay was completely mind-blowing and impossible to replicate
  • Options
    edited August 2017
    Bergkamp V Newcastle is the best. I wouldn't put Muzzy Izzet's goal or Bergkamp's Leicester goal above Shaun's, and maybe it's bias but I prefer his to Di Canio's too, I think the fact that the ball came over Bartlett's shoulder at a higher trajectory made it far harder to connect with. Was Bartlett left footed? I can't recall...
  • Options
    RVPs Shinner should be there.
  • Options
    Some beautiful goals there. Voted for Shaun of course, Bergkamp's 2 goals were sublime.
  • Options
    Dazzler21 said:

Don't get me started on that... :rage:
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    A diagonal 50 yard ball, over the shoulder and caught beautifully on the volley. I voted for it but I'm bias. I'm sure if it was one of the Sky's top 6 clubs that goal would still be playing each Sunday.
    I very much doubt we'll see that skill set anytime soon.
  • Options
    Also worth noting that bartletts goal was taken with his wrong foot...
  • Options
    Dazzler21 said:

That one was pure luck.
  • Options
    Voted (I think Di Canio's might be better though)
  • Options
    edited August 2017
    se9addick said:

Voted (I think Di Canio's might be better though)

I disagree. Paulo's is a beauty, but in my opinion, Shaun's is better on two counts.

1) Di Canio had the ball coming to him in sight for most (if not all) of its flight.

2) He hit it with his right (in both senses of the word) foot.

Shaun had less time to pick it up as it came over his shoulder, and hit it with his wrong foot.

Just my view.
  • Options
    edited August 2017
    No Scholes volley against West Brom?
    Klinsmann's scissor kick against Everton...
    Beckham's half way line goal against Wimbledon...
    Rooney's overhead kick against Man City...
    Cantona's run and chip against Sunderland (I think)...
    Henry's goal against Spurs at the Library where he ran 80 yards and beat 7 players then ran all the way back to the clock end to celebrate in front of us (the absolute b@stard!)...
    Edman's goal against Liverpool...
    Bale's volley at Stoke...
    Bale's injury time long ranger against West Ham...
    Tony Yeboah's pile driver...
    Ginola's goals for Spurs & Newcastle..
    Shearer's volleys...
    Wilshere's fininishing off the Arsenal tippy tappy move...
    Papa Cisse's goal for Newcastle against Chelsea...
    Kasami's goal for Fulham against Palace...

All decent goals the BBC have picked but to have only them 5 seem strange to me.
  • Options
    se9addick said:

JohnBoyUK said:

Henry's goal against Spurs at the Library where he ran 80 yards and beat 7 players then ran all the way back to the clock end to celebrate in front of us (the absolute b@stard!)...
    Shearer's volleys...

All decent goals the BBC have picked but to have only them 5 seem strange to me.

How many of the goals you listed took place between 1997-2002?
    Ha, what a f'ing numpty lol. In my defence, I've been awake since 4am with a trapped never in my shoulder so not really with it at the moment.

Off to hang my head in shame lol
  • Options
    Without checking,maybe the BBC picked the goal of the season from each year for people to select the best goal of the 5.
  • Options
    JohnBoyUK said:

se9addick said:

JohnBoyUK said:

Shearer's volleys...

How many of the goals you listed took place between 1997-2002?
    Ha, what a f'ing numpty lol. In my defence, I've been awake since 4am with a trapped never in my shoulder so not really with it at the moment.

Off to hang my head in shame lol
    Incorrect - everyone knows the correct answer is "regardless of all reason and logic, the best goal ever scored, ever, was Bartlett against Leicester and if the BBC or any other national media outlets do not recognise it as thus then it is simply typical bias against a smaller, unfashionable club".

You use a very similar argument in any discussion of the best game ever played at Wembley.