Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

Where do we deserve to be?

I'm forever seeing the comment "get this club back to where they/we deserve to be"

Well, where actually do we deserve to be or do we have any right, to think/believe we deserve to be anywhere other than where we are?

I'm not sure I believe we are deserving of being anywhere at the moment, other than L1.

Without going into the argument, it being Roland's fault for our position, which it certainly is.

Where do you think we deserve to be and why?

Comments

• Options
    Hawaii. Magnum drove a red Ferrari and charlton play in red. Stands to reason that's where we deserve to be.
  • Options
    Of course you deserve to be wherever you are but where we realistically should be is another thing. This club being in League One means that it is under achieving.
  • Options
    edited August 2017
    We deserve to be in the league where we are in the league as Confucius once said
  • Options

Wherever the League table says we deserve to be.

Thats always been my view

Agree - no one "deserves" to be anywhere, you earn it. Any other explanation means we didn't deserve to come in the top half of the Premier League a decade or so ago.
  • Options
    Where we are or a bit lower
  • Options
    se9addick said:

Wherever the League table says we deserve to be.

Thats always been my view

Agree - no one "deserves" to be anywhere, you earn it. Any other explanation means we didn't deserve to come in the top half of the Premier League a decade or so ago.
    Agreed.

Makes you wonder what Villa, Blackburn fans think they deserve to be and even the flip side do Huddersfield fans think the Prem is were they deserve to be. I guess on their showing last season , then probably yes.
  • Options
    Above Millwank at very least.
  • Options
    Where 'should' we be more than deserve. I reckon top half 2nd tier. We all got carried away in the Premier League and I'm guilty as charged. If we ever get back there and have a sustained period one very sunny day. I won't take it for granted so much.
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    Our natural place is sort of 5th-14th in the Championship. Palace's place is 15-24th and Millwall in the third division.
  • Options

Our natural place is sort of 5th-14th in the Championship. Palace's place is 15-24th and Millwall in the third division.

This for me. top halfish of the Championship is about our level - the odd flirt with the play offs & a couple of yo-yo years in the Prem sounds about right.
  • Options
    Our away support is non league , so we're still punching
  • Options

Our away support is non league , so we're still punching

Our natural away following has probably always been like that in 30 years when it comes to most long distance away games.
  • Options
    I think we have the potential to be a premiership club, but we stalled badly when Curbs left. The next stage has to be to set ourselves up to get back to that point.
  • Options
    the support is laughable at times, but then numerous occasions it been mentioned, when a few foul words are used or supporters stand up or sing rude songs, were no better than millwall etc.

the stadium itself, is quite clearly the best than the shitholes that are the den, shithurst park, gillinghams and wimbledons.

good transport links also, something that modern stadia dont have.