Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.

neymar £198 million

Comments

• what concerns me is if we were to go up well come straight back down Roland wouldn't spend that sort of cash he would send you to poundland with a quid and expect change.
  • edited August 2017

what concerns me is if we were to go up well come straight back down Roland wouldn't spend that sort of cash he would send you to poundland with a quid and expect change.

I honestly wouldnt want our owners (whoever they are) to spent that sort of money on a bloke who is still pretty unproven!!
  • i meant in general to keep up with the players that are being bought in the championship.
  • Its sad.

Football used to just be a sport and was just about entertaining a crowd every Saturday. You win some you lose some but your probably most likely emotionally involved too.

It's now something thats so far up its own anus that things like this happen. An absolute ridiculous transfer fee.

PSG obviously have ambition and they clearly want to be the kings of Europe but doing something like this carries no pride whatsoever and is completely the wrong way to go about chasing success.

They are putting so much faith into one human being, it's almost like he is not human and basically just a robotic asset where they don't even think anything can possibly go wrong.

The pressure of the price tag is way too far it doesn't mean anything anymore.

If Neymar gets a long term injury during the 5 years of his contract it would be extremely embarrassing.

Good night PSG.
  • Dave2l said:

Its sad.

Football used to just be a sport and was just about entertaining a crowd every Saturday. You win some you lose some but your probably most likely emotionally involved too.

It's now something thats so far up its own anus that things like this happen. An absolute ridiculous transfer fee.

PSG obviously have ambition and they clearly want to be the kings of Europe but doing something like this carries no pride whatsoever and is completely the wrong way to go about chasing success.

They are putting so much faith into one human being, it's almost like he is not human and basically just a robotic asset where they don't even think anything can possibly go wrong.

The pressure of the price tag is way too far it doesn't mean anything anymore.

If Neymar gets a long term injury during the 5 years of his contract it would be extremely embarrassing.

Good night PSG.

The best way to go about it has been Monaco, Juventus and Athletico.
  • La Liga have refused to accept from Neymar's lawyers the release clause payment.
  • Both taken from Sky Sports.

La Liga have this morning refused to accept an attempt by PSG and Neymar lawyers to pay the Brazilian’s release clause. About five lawyers arrived at La Liga HQ near Madrid airport this morning.

However, they left after only 15 minutes. Yesterday, La Liga told Sky Sports News they would not accept the payment from PSG to trigger Neymar’s release clause.

A spokesman for the office of La Liga president Javier Tebas said: "We will not accept the money for the liberation clause, the reason is that we have doubts that this money is in accordance with UEFA Financial Fair Play rules."

And La Liga are quoting Spanish Law as well...

LAWFUL DEAL REQUIREMENTS

Under Spanish law, Neymar needs to buy himself out of his contract. To do that, his lawyers (with PSG lawyers who are providing the money) need to go to La Liga HQ and pay up. He then moves to PSG as a free agent.

However, La Liga are refusing to accept the payment and therefore refusing to make him a free agent as they believe they have grounds to do that under Spanish law. There is nothing FIFA or UEFA can do at this stage...
  • Jesus, what a clusterfuck.

Can see this potentially being as big as bosman as impact on player transfers and prices etc
  • Is this just a case of La Liga trying to protect their assets? If this is allowed to block the deal then what is the point of having these clauses inserted into contracts from now on?
  • @moutuakilla you just beat me to it. La Liga knew full well that the freedom clause was 222 million euros, and they didn't say anything. Now someone is daft enoug to stump up the money, they say it cannot be paid. So why were Barça allowed to put down an ilegal clause? It does sound to me as if they feel Neymar going will damaga the 'La Liga' Brand, but I don't see that they can block a player from a change of club if he wants out - what price freedom of movement?Are they going to make Neymar stay at a club where the fans now loathe him? Besides, FFP seemed very dead in the wáter until recently so it's a bit odd to suddenly rescucitate it now.
    To be Frank, there is a lot of financial hardship in Spain (as in a lot of countries) and there is a real sleezy feel to the wages and prices of modern footballers, as well as their desire to avoid paying taxes on their money whenever posible. Now if La Liga want to mount a movement to batten down the money orgy in football, I'd be very interested in how they want to do it, bearing in mind it will favor clubs from away from Spain as well as England and Italy) in places like Holland, Belgium and Portugal. But this one seems very far from any sort of profesional altruism, and if they are so worried, maybe they could tell Barça to lower their financial demands!!! After all, Barcelona have always been happy to pay transfer clauses when they have to, and to encourage their key signings to rebel and demand cheap transfers when the mood takes them. And La Liga say nowt.
    The previous president of La Liga is currently in prison for financial irregularities, and awaiting trial. Sums football up lately.
  • Sponsored links:

• Don't remember La Liga saying much about that moody deal that saw Real Madrid's debt being wiped out by the local council.
  • Jesus, what a clusterfuck.

Can see this potentially being as big as bosman as impact on player transfers and prices etc

I can see the day when transfer fees will be abolished - apart from compensation to the club who had developed the player through their accredited academy.

For example: Professional football contracts will be universal, signed off by FIFA. Player signs what is in reality a fixed-term contract for say x years (the 'x' will be a mandatory period of time of say 2 or 3 years but maybe less for players above a certain age). The termination clause, either way, is the unexpired value of the contract. So a player signs a three year deal at £100k per week. If he wished to leave that club after a year he would have to buy-out the remainder of his contract - i.e. two years at £100k per week - £10.4 mill. If the club wanted to release the player early then they would have to buy the contract out in a similar way. A new contract can be negotiated at any time during the existence of the previous contract and the clock (say 3 years) would start ticking again on the new contract.

No transfer fees, although the buying out of the contract by a player is likely to be funded by his next club.

• A spokesman for the office of La Liga president Javier Tebas said: "We will not accept the money for the liberation clause, the reason is that we have doubts that this money is in accordance with UEFA Financial Fair Play rules."

I don't get why they actually give a fuck as long as PSG pay the sum in one go as requested by Barca. If it's not in accordance with FFP rules then it's PSG who will be punished.
  • buckshee said:

Don't remember La Liga saying much about that moody deal that saw Real Madrid's debt being wiped out by the local council.

Nor did they moan when both Ronaldo and Bale broke the transfer record!!
  • However La Liga, as its president, Javier Tebas, had threatened, declined to accept the payment. “We can confirm that the player’s lawyers came to the La Liga offices this morning to deposit the clause and that it has been rejected,” a statement from the league said. “That’s all the information we are giving out at this moment.”

Tebas has argued that the deal would infringe financial fair play and wants to protect Spain’s leading clubs. The transfer is worth around £450m in wages and fees.

La Liga is understood to have pointed out that under its regulations only Spanish clubs have the guaranteed right to buy out a contract. It would not be able to reject the money if Neymar himself turned up to pay it.

Pretty simple solution to this problem then.
  • However La Liga, as its president, Javier Tebas, had threatened, declined to accept the payment. “We can confirm that the player’s lawyers came to the La Liga offices this morning to deposit the clause and that it has been rejected,” a statement from the league said. “That’s all the information we are giving out at this moment.”

Tebas has argued that the deal would infringe financial fair play and wants to protect Spain’s leading clubs. The transfer is worth around £450m in wages and fees.

La Liga is understood to have pointed out that under its regulations only Spanish clubs have the guaranteed right to buy out a contract. It would not be able to reject the money if Neymar himself turned up to pay it.

can imagine Neymar paying it and then PSG changing their minds.

They should rock up with an artic lorry full of 1 Euro coins.

That'd learn 'em!
  • buckshee said:

Don't remember La Liga saying much about that moody deal that saw Real Madrid's debt being wiped out by the local council.

Nor did they moan when both Ronaldo and Bale broke the transfer record!!
    I recently read Barca were starting to struggle to pay large wages with Messi reportedly on over 600 grand a week, maybe more. This must put pressure on Barca complying with FFP.
    This idea of Spanish law and questioning where the money comes from is surely a UEFA rule and La Liga should be questining with them. So far UEFA have said its not a issue so it all seems a complete farce. Like what has already been said, La Liga has never questioned RM or Barca about paying hugh transfer fee's over the last few years.
  • @moutuakilla you just beat me to it. La Liga knew full well that the freedom clause was 222 million euros, and they didn't say anything. Now someone is daft enoug to stump up the money, they say it cannot be paid. So why were Barça allowed to put down an ilegal clause? It does sound to me as if they feel Neymar going will damaga the 'La Liga' Brand, but I don't see that they can block a player from a change of club if he wants out - what price freedom of movement?Are they going to make Neymar stay at a club where the fans now loathe him? Besides, FFP seemed very dead in the wáter until recently so it's a bit odd to suddenly rescucitate it now.
    To be Frank, there is a lot of financial hardship in Spain (as in a lot of countries) and there is a real sleezy feel to the wages and prices of modern footballers, as well as their desire to avoid paying taxes on their money whenever posible. Now if La Liga want to mount a movement to batten down the money orgy in football, I'd be very interested in how they want to do it, bearing in mind it will favor clubs from away from Spain as well as England and Italy) in places like Holland, Belgium and Portugal. But this one seems very far from any sort of profesional altruism, and if they are so worried, maybe they could tell Barça to lower their financial demands!!! After all, Barcelona have always been happy to pay transfer clauses when they have to, and to encourage their key signings to rebel and demand cheap transfers when the mood takes them. And La Liga say nowt.
    The previous president of La Liga is currently in prison for financial irregularities, and awaiting trial. Sums football up lately.

I may have missed something here, please do point that out if so - but I didn't think this was about the clause, as much as where the money is coming from. If PSG had the requisite turnover to pay that much within the rules of FFP, then La Liga wouldn't be objecting. So surely this is a positive thing - Neymar and PSG came up with a really dodgy way of paying the bill, and La Liga told them to stick it. Is this not a win for the beleaguered FFP rules?
  • Sponsored links:

• FFP is calculated over 3 years, PSG could sell Verratti for £300mill next year (as football goes even crazier), so how can La Liga say this doesn't comply?

Also, considering the QPR situation is still rumbling on years later, how can La Liga make this decision before the sale has been made?

I don't understand how the buyout clause works under FFP - the buyout has to be paid by the player to pay their contract up, not the club - so how does Neymar paying to get out of his contract work under FFP. Obviously Neymar isn't coming up with the money himself, but could PSG's owners just 'gift' him the money (not from PSG accounts) to pay for it and then it doesn't come under the scrutiny of FFP? #confused

I think Neymar will still go and this will be but a blip in the deal but it does seem very odd.
  • Guaranteed La Liga let this deal go through in the next few days.

Legally they don't have a case and either FIFA or the European courts will always find in Neymar's favour.
  • edited August 2017
    silly money for us skint Brits .. BUT for Qatar (owner of PSG) .. to let our unfriendly neighbours know that despite their sanctions and boycotts, we've still got money to burn, OR to spend on overrated Brazilian footballers
  • i find the whole thing extremely cringy people quoting suarez with neymar as some god like figure " goodbye little brother " hes moving to another club and you will play each other in this season champs league ridiculous.
  • Well looks as though UEFA will be too busy to get involved in the Neymar transfer!!

http://www.telegraph.co.uk/football/2017/08/03/premier-league-bans-elaborate-pitch-patterns-201718-season/
  • Well looks as though UEFA will be too busy to get involved in the Neymar transfer!!

http://www.telegraph.co.uk/football/2017/08/03/premier-league-bans-elaborate-pitch-patterns-201718-season/