Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

It's nobody's fault but my own, I shouldn't have gone

But it was just a pre season friendly for gawds sake, a nothing match, nobody could have anticipated it I keep telling myself, but because of that result and the performance that brought it about I just can't wait for the season to start. Ffs, I was awake this morning at 5am thinking about the Bristol rovers game and it's only Tuesday morning.

Comments

• Options
    Cue 0-0 draw mate.....that will bring you back down to earth.
  • Options
    TEL said:

I was think more along the lines of a 2-1 defeat as its charlton but after Saturday it's hard to see past anything but another convincing win and then next week will be even worse...
  • Options
    One swallow......
  • Options

One swallow......

Did she?
  • Options
    edited August 2017

One swallow......

I know, I know, I've been supporting charlton for far too long and perhaps it's because we've been not so good in recent years but last Saturday that was a team that believes in itself with players that looked like they believed in each other unlike previous seasons when they looked like players that were only meeting each other for the very first time that day.
  • Options

One swallow......

Is all you need.
  • Options
    Frankie says relax, there's a Bury away round the corner.
  • Options
    Was it more of a case that Ipswich didn't turn up and made us look good?

Quite a hard thing to do though.
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    TEL said:

and outsung by Bristol Rovers. Perfect.
  • Options

One swallow......

And then you married her
    And that was it
  • Options

But it was just a pre season friendly for gawds sake, a nothing match, nobody could have anticipated it I keep telling myself, but because of that result and the performance that brought it about I just can't wait for the season to start. Ffs, I was awake this morning at 5am thinking about the Bristol rovers game and it's only Tuesday morning.

you're Addickted .. welcome to the club
  • Options

You were awake thinking about the game on Saturday?!! You do know it's only a game of football, don't you? It's impact on the world economy/ISIS/terrorism/BREXIT negotiations or any other of the great issues that could keep you awake is non-existant...
  • Options

You were awake thinking about the game on Saturday?!! You do know it's only a game of football, don't you? It's impact on the world economy/ISIS/terrorism/BREXIT negotiations or any other of the great issues that could keep you awake is non-existant...
    It's far more important than any of those minor events. They are all tomorrow's chip paper whereas Bristol Rovers at home is the start of a record breaking and glorious season for Charlton that will live in the memory for ever, or not as the case may be.
  • Options

One swallow......

And then you adopted that cat
  • Options
    Redrobo said:

One swallow......

Did she?
    Or in Otto's case, did he!
  • Options

One swallow......

And then you married her
    How did you know?
  • Options
    I am a fellow sufferer. I was forced to go by my son. Now I'm tempted to go on Saturday ! But I just know they will pass the ball around for 90 minutes completely outplay Rovers, miss a hatful of simple chances and come away 1-1. With KR talking it up as a great result .