Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.

Seville, Spain

We are looking to go to Seville in the middle of October for my birthday. Anybody got any hotel suggestions or tips on what to do whilst out there.

Thanks in advance.

Comments

• I would certainly recommend the Hotel Becquer as it's clean comfortable and has a pool because even in October it's warm in Seville. Have breakfast though at one of many cafes around as it's cheaper than at the hotel.

Great city and one of our favourites. Enjoy
  • We've gone once a year for the last few years as we have family out there. It's a great city. Last year we stayed at the Hotel Fernando III, which was quite reasonable and is in the heart of the city with a really nice little plaza opposite. It's also got a rooftop pool which many hotels don't have.
    There's a great but expensive cocktail bar opposite the cathedral called the EME and a brilliant flamenco bar with cheap tapas called La Carboneria.
    And obviously all the well known sightseeing stuff.
  • Drink orange juice.
  • Its a fantastic city and a good time of year to visit as it won't be too crowded . If you can stretch to it , stay at the Alfonso XIII , quality hotel . Just pop in for a drink if not . The cathedral is a must , enjoy .
  • If you have a car and enough time, Ronda isn't too far and looks stunning, planning on heading there next year on recommendations.
  • Lovely city. Climb up the Giraldo. Walk everywhere. Eat tapas. Drink beer!
  • Drink orange juice.

Would never have believed that something as basic as orange juice could taste so good, it's amazing though!

Stayed in Hotel Madrid Sevilla - good central location, on a quiet side street. Nice rooms, paid about £60 a night.

Really beautiful city, sure you'll enjoy it.
  • oh yeh , deffo worth a night out is in El Rinconcillo , oldest tapas restaurant in spain .
  • Blimey, I was expecting a couple of replies at best on this one. I have just called the missus and told her to book Rome as Seville is full of Charlton riff raff :smile:

All joking aside many thanks for your replies so far, we will be sitting down tonight and looking into booking a hotel.
  • On the subject of Charlton riff raft - A few months ago I was sitting on a bench overlooking the Cathedral in Seville waiting for my wife when I noticed a Segway tour rep wearing Charlton training shorts.

Asked him what we was doing there and said he was spending the summer selling tours and having fun!

Seemed like a nice guy but didn't get the protests and was looking forward to the season.

I thought it was a small world but now realise Seville is the Charlton fans destination of choice!

Our Hotel was El Rey Moro in the middle of the old Jewish quarter which is a good location for the main tourist sites.
  • Sponsored links:

• My 2nd favourite European city after London. We stayed in chums appartment, so cant advise on hotel, but all the little tapas places are lovely
  • Thanks @eaststandmike was looking for a city break for me and my missus and was settled on Berlin but this is a massive curveball!
    Can someone just tell me whens a good time to go? Nice weather obviously but not to hot that you don't wanna go see the sights? Thanks.
  • April was great when I went. They have this festival semana santa or sth which I got the tail end of it youre interested in that, and weather is good 25-30 so not too hot
  • Best city in Spain in my opinion, and you are visiting at a good time as summer is far too hot. The Santa Cruz area in the old town is beautiful but try to get over the river into Triana for an evening: it's the most authentic area and there are lots of great bars, some with live flamenco. It's the Betis area of town and you'll see lots of their stuff on the walls in bars there. Will try to remember hotels we stayed in and write more later. Great holiday choice!
  • Brilliant city. Spent a week there in July.
    Two places that must be visited are - The royal palace and the Cathedral, but not on the same day as there is so much to see.
    Had some really good tapas.

• It was 50/122 when I was there in early July so you're better off in October.
  • Love Seville. First time I went I saw Sevilla vs Brazil and the second time I saw a bullfight.

Makes me wanna go back. I can hear the Flamenco now. If I could get a babysitter for three kids for two nights and another £25 Ryanair return (very lucky the second time) I'd be there in a shot. It may be a long way off :(
  • Hope theres a match on, as the Seville ground has a great atmosphere, wierdly located right in the middle of a shopping arcade.
  • Halix said:

Hope theres a match on, as the Seville ground has a great atmosphere, wierdly located right in the middle of a shopping arcade.

Bit like West Ham!!!!
  • This was me looking for the exit to go to a bar taking in the Alcázar, being the cultural vulture that I am

• Sponsored links:

• .....worth a visit if you like looking at broken crockery
  • edited July 2017
    Excellent city, should be lovely to walk around in October

Walk up the bell tower (Giralda) of the cathedral, a former minaret, amazing inside as it has ramps up to (nearly ) the top
    The Alcazar has lovely Moorish architecture and gardens
  • Excellent city, should be lovely to walk around in October

Walk up the bell tower (Giralda) of the cathedral, a former minaret, amazing inside as it has ramps up to (nearly ) the top

Moorish, you can say that again, my Mrs didn't wanna leave...
  • I'm going in January . Staying at the ribera de triana. Cannot wait
  • Excellent city, should be lovely to walk around in October

The ramp was for the donkey/pony/horse to get the guy to the top of the minaret as it's a damn long walk - it was the tallest building in Europe until the Eiffel Tower was built.

We got some bikes and cycled along the river front, passed the Calatrava bridge (https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Puente_del_Alamillo) to the Columbus egg (http://www.vanderkrogt.net/statues/object.php?webpage=ST&record=esan047). Another day we got kayaks on the river.

The roof terrace of El Corte Inglés, roughly in the centre of town, gives great views of the city and you can buy drinks and food from the shop and drink/eat it on the terrace.

We found a local music venue, opened at around 10pm, over on the 'other' (west) side of the river where the locals still think of themselves as not living in Seville. I can't remember the name of the place but the music was very authentic, played just for the fun of it. It's quite a well-known secret if that makes any sense so you should be able to find it.
  • Thanks @eaststandmike was looking for a city break for me and my missus and was settled on Berlin but this is a massive curveball!
    Can someone just tell me whens a good time to go? Nice weather obviously but not to hot that you don't wanna go see the sights? Thanks.

Kin cheek, bugger off and start a Berlin thread :smile:
  • Start with the open top bus tour. You'll get an idea of the city and what to visit ...