Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.

**Poll of the week: Where will we finish this season?**

Comments

• edited July 2017
    It says something about me that I'm a tad disappointed at the lack of posters stating Rochdale....

Then again, I hate the BBC's new Tinder stylee left/right swiping fixtures/results pages, so I'm probably just beginning (continuing?) my slide to decrepitude.
  • cabbles said:

I'm putting 7th - 12th because although I'm buoyed by our first XI, this is Roland's Charlton, and I don't trust them to deliver success

As above, agree with you Cabs, and I have a few markers that will firm up my view

1. There is still a whole month when RD can sell someone. Need to get past that date without him doing so.

2. Kashi is back, but is it the Kashi we saw before his injury? Need at least to Sept. to answer that too.

3. Now that he has got his own team ( well, we assume) how good is KR in the managerial skills? To be fair 6-1 against Ipswich is fairly jaw-dropping, so maybe we can be positive about that.

4. The coaching team behind KR - Bowyer and Jacko - resonates proper Charlton. However it is totally inexperienced, and supporting a very young manager. Of course this fits the mad social experiment of RD. Whether it fits good pro football practice, remains to be seen.

Yes, overall I am comfortable with 7-12, because it covers both a relatively positive improvement, and a scenario where we disappoint again and claw our way up towards the end, way too late. 7-12 is also a choice that implies an optimism that things will get better this season. Somewhat.
  • edited July 2017
    I think one of the problems in the lower leagues is that decent players get kicked and refs allow it. Applies to a certain degree to the cHampionship too! How we stand up to that will be telling!
  • I voted lose in the play offs, but having said that I've backed us for promotion @6/1.
  • So much for CharltonLife just being a forum full of negative fans that want us to fail. Well over half have said we'll at least make the play-offs.
  • johnny73 said:

13th to 21st. Based on the 'previous' form of our owners. Hope I am wrong.

along the same lines as you,this time next week we could be laughing or crying and looking towards two trips to the west country.
  • Scoham said:

So much for CharltonLife just being a forum full of negative fans that want us to fail. Well over half have said we'll at least make the play-offs.

No it just shows that those people understand that the quality of the teams in League One are poor. Last season was a disaster and cannot be repeated once again. No reason why the squad at the managers disposal cannot gain a top 6 spot this season.
  • Sponsored links:

• I said Champions! My heart says that my brain probably play offs! They are always fighting!
  • promoted
  • I'm adding the percentages of the poll up and it comes to 97

Well you said yourself you're 5 pints in.
  • Play offs for me. Not prepared to say whether we will win or not though.
  • No injuries, playoffs. Inevitable injuries and no replacements, mid-table.
  • edited July 2017
    Anything other than play-offs or better is another failure.

So for that reason I voted 7th-12th.

We missed 12th by one point last season and there's no way we can be that bad again... is there?
  • edited July 2017
    Careful and pinpoint planning by a crack management team and crack ownership should see us promoted by the playoffs.

Unfortumately i am not decided about the management team and we only have crap ownership!

Just miss play offs will be our limit this year.

You're right - Relegation has 2 votes but nil percentage.
  • I do not think we have a paper thin squad for a 1st division side. I think we have a very good squad of decent players.
  • Sponsored links:

It's just that all the percentage figures are rounded down to the nearest whole number. So relegation should be around 0.83% and not 0% as shown.
    It's just a bit of fun, nothing to worry about,they in no way should be considered official percentages, that is left to Oohaa and Oohaa alone.
  • HarryLime said:

I'm adding the percentages of the poll up and it comes to 97

It's just that all the percentage figures are rounded down to the nearest whole number. So relegation should be around 0.83% and not 0% as shown.
    It's just a bit of fun, nothing to worry about,they in no way should be considered official percentages, that is left to Oohaa and Oohaa alone.
    Thanks but I'm not worried in the slightest.
    Was just confirming to Oohaa that he was right.

Don't encourage him :wink:
  • Call me crazy but if key players stay fit, Gobby lasts beyond Christmas and Ms Nightmeire keeps her trap shut, I can see the real possibility of a Top 20 finish.

Deluded. Get your head out of the sand.
  • Automatic promotion. It's starting to come together for Robininson. We finished the season strongly, pre season has gone well overall, but the biggie is having Kashi back. Keeping Holmes and Konsa have given us an added boost, even more so if we can get Josh signed up. Add to all that Fosu, Clarke, Dasilva and Amos. A good start is vital, as is keeping Kashi fit. I love watching this fella play, always on the move, making himself available, and he knows what he's going to do with the ball before he even receives it.
  • Dazzler21 said:

Who are the 4 that have voted Champions?

I would be more worried who the 2 were who voted for relegation.
  • 7-12th. Team looks good but squad still looks thin to me. 46 games is a lot.
  • Top, League Cup Winners, FA Cup Winners and Checkatrade Winners if we continue to play the side we had against Ipswich.
    Any deviations- 13th.

You're forgetting, qualification for European football too!
  • Too many false dawns for me to get too excited, hopefully the Play Offs.