Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.

St Truiden 2017-18 season

Comments

• Botaka got the winning goal

Imagine playing for Leeds United, then ending up in some tinpot euro league with Reza
  • Botaka got the winning goal

Imagine playing for Leeds United, then ending up in some tinpot euro league with Reza
    And not scoring the winning goal, in fact. It was credited to another guy (Boli) and Botaka has 0 from 5 games so far.
  • Drew away to Antwerp 1-1. Botaka and Tex played.
    Drop to 4th in table
  • edited September 2017
    STVV won again this evening, 2-1 home to Genk. Tex played the full game without picking up his usual yellow and Vetokele started but was subbed by Botaka after 67 mins (another knock?) STVV scored 2 late-ish goals and Genk pulled one back in the 88th min.

STVV are now 3rd in the table with 16 pts from 7 games, 2 pts behind leaders Brugge after nearly a quarter of the regular season. They are also 7 pts clear of 7th place; a top 6 place will put them in the elite play-off group.
  • STVV won again this evening, 2-1 home to Genk. Tex played the full game without picking up his usual yellow and Vetokele started but was subbed by Botaka after 67 mins (another knock?) STVV scored 2 late-ish goals and Genk pulled one back in the 88th min.

STVV are now 3rd in the table with 16 pts from 7 games, 2 pts behind leaders Brugge after nearly a quarter of the regular season. They are also 7 pts clear of 7th place; a top 6 place will put them in the elite play-off group.

Do you know the attendance? Livescore doesn't give it.

Funny old league. Genk are down near the bottom, and Ostende who were doing a bit of a Leicester are rock bottom.

• STVV at home in the Cup this evening to TWWW's OH Leuven
  • edited September 2017
    In the Croky Cup. Really.

Final score 4-2 aet. Botaka got the first and Vetokele scored twice in extra time after replacing Botaka in the 72nd minute. TWWW did not play.

Vetokele now has 4 goals in 5 games, I think, from a total of about 260 minutes football (source:soccerway).

• STVV 4-2 OHL aet

In my rusty Dutch I surmise Botaka scored after 4'; by the end of the 90 OHL had equalised but were down to 9 men. Both teams scored in the first half of ET for 2-2, then Igor struck twice for 4-2.

TWWW was not called upon to get his new boots dirty.

• STVV 4-2 OHL aet

In my rusty Dutch I surmise Botaka scored after 4'; by the end of the 90 OHL had equalised but were down to 9 men. Both teams scored in the first half of ET for 2-2, then Igor struck twice for 4-2.

TWWW was not called upon to get his new boots dirty.

Think he has a broken toe.
  • Sponsored links:

• So far I can't find the teams anywhere, but there is a reference in the OHL match report to the coach picking a defensive team and therefore various players including TW were not required. TW was, however, an unused sub for last Friday's game, so I assume that if selected he is fit. An enigma as always.
  • edited September 2017
    Why couldnt Bagayoko stand still like everyone else for their photo?... It also looks as though the 'keeper is playing up front
  • Lost at Mechelen 2-0 (their first win of the season, so that will definitely hurt). Igor started and was subbed by Botaka - they definitely get used as either/or at the moment. Tex also played.

Club Brugge KV 7 6 0 1 18:5 18
    Charleroi 7 5 2 0 14:6 17
    Mouscron 8 5 1 2 15:13 16
    St. Truiden 8 5 1 2 11:10 16
  • Lost again, 0-1 at home to Charleroi. Vetokele, Tex and Botaka all started. Igor picked up a yellow after 8 mins, but completed the game. Botaka subbed after 87 mins. Still 5th and the worse they could be placed after this weekend's games is 6th.
  • edited October 2017
    Drew 1-1 at Lokeren. Vetokele was out injured again. Tex and Botaka played and Botaka scored again, soon after half-time; Lokeren equalised 10 mins from the end. STVV are now fifth with 17 points from 10 games, but will drop to 6th after tomorrow's games.
  • 1-0 win against Ostend with last minute winner. Up to 3rd.
    Tex and Botaka both played.
  • 1-0 win against Mouscron with *another* last minute winner (90+3) to keep them in 4th, 2 points behind team in 2nd with a game in hand.
  • That match was played on Thursday night and the win put them in second place briefly. Tomorrow STVV have a very tough fixture away to leaders Club Brugge.
  • Sponsored links:

• That match was played on Thursday night and the win put them in second place briefly. Tomorrow STVV have a very tough fixture away to leaders Club Brugge.

Live on Eurosport at 2.30 .
    bit of a grudge match, as ex STVV coach Ivan Leko is now coach at Bruges.
  • And ..........got beat 4-1.
  • FYI, the Club Bruges player who scored a couple today was for a brief moment rumored to get a transfer to Charlton, back when Bob Peeters was your coach ...
  • skywalker said:

FYI, the Club Bruges player who scored a couple today was for a brief moment rumored to get a transfer to Charlton, back when Bob Peeters was your coach ...

Bruges had 4 different scorers.
  • skywalker said:

FYI, the Club Bruges player who scored a couple today was for a brief moment rumored to get a transfer to Charlton, back when Bob Peeters was your coach ...

Bruges had 4 different scorers.
    Indeed, Jelle Vossen only took the penalty (3th goal) and didn't score the 4th goal ... My mistake.
  • Yeah,remember Vossen being linked, but chose Middlesborough instead.
  • Watched it on the box. Men against boys in the 2nd half. STVV were appalling...especially in midfield.
  • Simonsen said:

Watched it on the box. Men against boys in the 2nd half. STVV were appalling...especially in midfield.

Ceballos was playing then ?
  • Simonsen said:

Watched it on the box. Men against boys in the 2nd half. STVV were appalling...especially in midfield.

Ceballos was playing then ?
    No. Only Tex of ex-Charlton players.

Vossen missed about 5 chances after he came on.