Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

Ben Amos signs season long loan (ed. Pg 9 - gone Millwall)

Comments

• Options
    edited May 2018

Would like to see us move for Jon McLaughlin, 30 years old and knows the division.

Not keen on taking goalkeepers on loan as we are starting from scratch every season trying to build the relationship and understanding with the defence.

Totally agree. Its probably the one posistion where you need continuity.

Amos was top drawer for us - particularly after saving the penalty against Portsmouth and then through to the end of the season. He was one of the signings Robinson did get right.
  • Options
    Bowyer has made no secret of his admiration of Amos and has even said that he is far too good to continue in League one. A strange thing to say if (a) you want the job and (b) want to retain the best players.

For me Amos had a shaky start, but ended in fantastic form. In fact it reminds me of a certain sketch where I play both Statler and Wardorf.

Statler: Boo!
    Waldorf: Boooo!
    S: That was the worst thing I’ve ever heard!
    W: It was terrible!
    S: Horrendous!
    W: Well it wasn’t that bad.
    S: Oh, yeah?
    W: Well, there were parts of it I liked!
    S: Well, I liked a lot of it.
    W: Yeah, it was GOOD actually.
    S: It was great!
    W: It was wonderful!
    S: Yeah, bravo!
    W: More!
    S: More!
    W: More!
    S: More!
  • Options

He is average at best and at worst non league

Opened this tread ar this post and thought what the f*#k. Does show how far he has come with us.

I think Lee was managing our expectations and knows that there is already interest in his services. I think he is 28 this year so now or never for his career.

• Options
    He has made some big improvements this year and needs to be playing next season. Hoping a deal can be done that means it is with us.
  • Options
    That looks like a pretty clear thanks but I'm off message from Amos.

And great shame as he has turned into a top class goalkeeper but not the end of the world as there are second and third choice keepers at Premier league clubs who would probably jump at a chance to play regularly
  • Options
    Pure class.

Hoping the new owners make a good effort to get him in permanently. Nothing more reassuring in football than having a solid goalkeeper between the sticks.
  • Options
    edited June 2018
    Apparently off to Millwall after being recommended by our old keeper coach. Bloody horrible being a Charlton fan
  • Options
    Quelle suprise
  • Options
    robroy said:

Apparently off to Millwall after being recommended by our old keeper couch. Bloody horrible being a Charlton fan

Nightmeire at it again....
  • Options
    FFS!!!!
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    Howells said:

robroy said:

Apparently off to Millwall after being recommended by our old keeper couch. Bloody horrible being a Charlton fan

Cheers, changed it
  • Options
    edited June 2018
    robroy said:

Howells said:

robroy said:

Cheers, changed it
    In all seriousness it's a real shame.
    He seemed to enjoy his time with us and was impeccable all season,

The current (and continued) lack of infrastructure at the club can only be to blame.
  • Options
    He goes there then he's dead to me.
  • Options
    So predictable after our GK coach left for them.
  • Options
    Where u heard this @robroy

Just looked nothing on either teams forums
    Nothing on twitter
    Nothing on bbc or skysports.
  • Options
    https://bolton.vitalfootball.co.uk/alnwick-turns-down-offers-to-remain-at-bolton/

Ben Alnwick has signed a new deal to stay at Bolton, so Amos will definitely be off somewhere else. If we had gone up, we'd have been in pole position.
  • Options

Nothing on twitter

All my mates are Millwall and one apparently ITK, just messaged to say. They want him to replace Archer.
  • Options
    robroy said:

Nothing on twitter

All my mates are Millwall and one apparently ITK, just messaged to say. They want him to replace Archer.
    I like Archer. Good keeper for League One.
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    edited June 2018
    I am sure Millwall would want him and Lee Turner has had a major positive influence on his career both at Bolton and with us.

However, I don't think Millwall will pay £18k per week and would Bolton subsidise a move to a club in the same Division?

I could see Amos going somewhere like Stoke who might be able to stump up his full salary and even give the Trotters a transfer fee.
  • Options
    I know you say somewhere "like" Stoke but be surprised if they come in for him

Even if they sell Butland (which am sure they'll do), they've got Lee Grant who did a good job as No.2 in the Premier League for them
  • Options
    A team like Wigan would surely be interested, all 3 promoted teams will be aware of how good he was at the end of the season
  • Options
    Ruined my weeeknd
  • Options

Really tough being a Charlton supporter these days. It hurts a lot.

Trying to tell myself " What does not break me, makes me stronger " RD - Just get the takeover done you piece of shit.

This.
    We'll see more similar things happen if the takeover drags on. When do the players report back? Late June? Who will be taking charge of the pre-season preparation then? Like I just said on the takeover thread, our new season will suffer if the takeover isn't done within a month's time. RD just leave!!! :rage:
  • Options
    robroy said:

Nothing on twitter

Clearly contagious!!
  • Options

Even if they sell Butland (which am sure they'll do), they've got Lee Grant who did a good job as No.2 in the Premier League for them

I only used Stoke as an example.

I know about Grant. Most Championship teams have two good keepers.

There are many other CC or even Prem sides who might sign him.
  • Options
    Richard J said:

I only used Stoke as an example.

I know about Grant. Most Championship teams have two good keepers.

There are many other CC or even Prem sides who might sign him.
    Yes, Huddersfield have signed Hamer to be their No 2 keeper, but to me Amos is better
  • Options
    He won't be going there, trust me