Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

Ben Amos signs season long loan (ed. Pg 9 - gone Millwall)

Comments

• Options
    As much as people were saying he deserved player of the year I think a lot of that was based on recent form - which has been superb. At the beginning he was a little shaky.

Da Silva got my vote because he is just so bloody consistent. His touch is spot-on, he just manages to get in the way and his passing is decent. Better in the air than you'd think.

Going back to Amos though - I'd take him back in a heartbeat as he's really impressed and looks like he fits in well and enjoys it with us
  • Options
    edited May 2018
    16 grand a week at Bolton with another year left on his contract. Can see him being at another side next season unless we go up. Far too good for third tier football and can't see us paying him that much a week with us.
  • Options
    shirty5 said:

16 grand a week at Bolton with another year left on his contract. Can see him being at another side next season unless we go up. Far too good for third tier football and can't see us paying him that much a week with us.

He won't be getting that sort of money again wherever he goes.
  • Options

shirty5 said:

How do you know that?
  • Options
    shirty5 said:

shirty5 said:

How do you know that?
    Exactly. He could go to a Premier league club as a number 2 (like Hamer at Leicester) and easily pick up that sort of money.
  • Options
    I reckon someone like Stoke would pay him close to that if he were to replace Butland, or a job sat behind the manager in the Prem.
  • Options
    Genuinely think he could be a first choice PL goalkeeper, just needs to improve his kicking
  • Options

I reckon someone like Stoke would pay him close to that if he were to replace Butland, or a job sat behind the manager in the Prem.

Especially as he's from that part of the world...
  • Options
    What a man. Love him. Would be the first player we look to sign this summer in my opinion
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    Like like like. Thank you Ben
  • Options
    Got a bright future in front of him, wish him all the best. You could see he really wanted us to win yesterday.
  • Options
    Who is the first choice at Bolton?
  • Options
    Yeah he wont be back next season :(
  • Options
    £18000 a week not £16000. This is from his agent.
  • Options
    A certain Ben Alnwick I have heard!
  • Options
    Amos a classy guy. Please sign!!
  • Options
    Would love him back next season, great keeper for us but can’t see it in League One unfortunately. I mentioned to my brother on the way out of the game yesterday that he could do a job in the PL and (whisper it) Palace need a keeper. Really hope I am wrong but it genuinely would not surprise me.
  • Options
    Out of contract is he not? He won't get 20k a week on his next contract anywhere he goes.

So let's offer him something sensible to keep him at the Valley for the next few years.
  • Sponsored links:

• Options

Out of contract is he not? He won't get 20k a week on his next contract anywhere he goes.

So let's offer him something sensible to keep him at the Valley for the next few years.

Has 1 more year left on his Bolton contract but i doubt they want him
  • Options

So you don’t reckon Amos could get 20k ish sitting on a Prem bench or at Stoke as number 1 next season?

• Options
    He has been superb and no I I don't think he will sign for us . Someone like Stoke might fancy him if Butland departs. On the back of the season he has just had Bolton may even get a fee .

When we signed him I was happy despite the fact he had just had bad spells at Bolton and Cardiff on loan . Unlike Tom Heaton , Sam Johnstone and Shrewsbury's Dean Henderson, Ben made first team appearances for Manchester United . Also Lee Turner had worked with him for the Trotters .

He has been our best keeper since the Premier League in my view and his message shows class .

As for us there are plenty of experienced League One quality keepers available on frees . For example Readings Jonathan Bond who spent the year at Peterborough on loan , Mark Oxley at Southend and Colchester's Sam Walker .
    I always liked Northamtons Richard O'Donnell who might be worth a bid .

Good luck Ben and thanks for the memories .
  • Options
    Top man that Amos.

Plus he entertained my missus with his stretches at the only game she has come to this season with me.

Sign him up whatever the cost!
  • Options
    Love him. Great bloke as well as a solid goal keeper.
  • Options
    Would like to see us move for Jon McLaughlin, 30 years old and knows the division.

Not keen on taking goalkeepers on loan as we are starting from scratch every season trying to build the relationship and understanding with the defence.
  • Options
    sam3110 said:

If he never plays for us again, what a save to bow out on

That really was was up there with some of the best saves I have seen.
  • Options
    He really wanted to win the playoffs and it showed especially with that save at the end of the Shrewsbury game. Would love to see us sign him. Whatever happens though good luck Ben!
  • Options
    edited May 2018
    LenGlover said:

Who is the first choice at Bolton?

Some fella called Yohann Thuram-Ulien