Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

Ben Amos signs season long loan (ed. Pg 9 - gone Millwall)

Comments

• Options

Not at all, i just feel that a guy who used to be at Man utd, capped by England at every level up to U21 and has plenty of experience at a higher level than we currently are, isn't too bad considering some of the shit we've had in recent years.

However on the face of it, yes we are an average league one club, so do we expect anything other than average signings?

Yes, we do need to expect better than average signings if we want to go up. Solely average signings will see us in L1 forever. Under Powell we made some well above average signings - Morrison, Stephens, Wiggins, Yann etc. If you want to go up a level you need players who are too good for that level. I hope Amos is great for us but his history has been as a goalkeeper who can never hold down a place and we've only got him for the season. Most likely we'll be doing this again next year
  • Options

Can I just confirm he has never had a sexual relationship with any of my former bosses, which I think is a positive.

I'm concerned that you appear so confident in this assertion.
    I mean, how do you know? Have you been stalking him?
    :anguished:
  • Options
    Any chance of signing him permanently or do we go through this again for the third summer in a row next year?
  • Options

Any chance of signing him permanently or do we go through this again for the third summer in a row next year?

This is the third summer isn't it? Three seasons of loan keepers now - Henderson, Rudd, Amos. Or did we buy Henderson? I don't know. All of these seasons are blurring into one massive turd sandwich so I can't remember what's fact and what's fiction anymore.
    :open_mouth:
  • Options

This is the third summer isn't it? Three seasons of loan keepers now - Henderson, Rudd, Amos. Or did we buy Henderson? I don't know. All of these seasons are blurring into one massive turd sandwich so I can't remember what's fact and what's fiction anymore.
    Henderson we got on a free transfer after West Ham released him from his Contract I think
  • Options

Henderson we got on a free transfer after West Ham released him from his Contract I think
    Ah. Fair dos. Cheers
  • Options

Then gave him away, with 1 year left on his contract.
  • Options
    In the post match interview I think KR said that Amos would be the number 1 goalie.
    I hope he brings in a 2nd goalie and arranges a good loan out for Phillips.
  • Options

Martin at the match, Phillips getting about fine despite the supposed injury had a face like a slapped arse. If roly sanctions a deal for Martin, the best Phillips can look forward to will be a hastily arranged loan out. And that's shabby treatment, he deserves better

Yes I noticed Phillips wasn't a happy bunny! He seems a nice lad and has always been cheerful! My son said hello as he walked down the steps towards the tunnel from he's seat and my son got no reply! Dillon is normally great with fans but indeed did have a face like slapped arse!
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    Can Bolton call him back?
  • Options

Can Bolton call him back?

To be honest I don't think they would even if they did have a recall clause
  • Options
    https://www.burndenaces.co.uk/2017/07/31/anderson-expensive-amos-needed-game-time.html

Mentions that he's on £18k PW (as stated by @dickplumb ) but the loan fee doesn't cover all of that.
  • Options
    The info came from a poster on Not606 who knows his agent.
  • Options
    so in his ten months loan spell with us his wages will top 700k. Wonder exactly how much the loan fee is?
  • Options

so in his ten months loan spell with us his wages will top 700k. Wonder exactly how much the loan fee is?

Knowing us, probably £5m
  • Options

I have sent you a PM.

• Options
    I heard we were paying a mere fraction of his wages. He has two years on his contract left I guess Bolton hope he may play well enough for us to command a fee next summer.

Afterall it worked for Norwich with Rudd.
  • Options
    No wonder Bolton are in a bad financial state.
  • Options
    dickplumb said:

Indeed.
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    dickplumb said:

Imagine a club where players are given long contracts on heavy salaries before anyone really finds out if they're much/any good. The directors sanctioning those sorts of deals would have to be fucktards, wouldn't they? Couldn't keep their jobs long could they? Phew, thank all that's dear to you that Charlton aren't blighted by berks like that.
    Oh, erm... let me put that another way...
  • Options
    Thought he was very poor yesterday - if Phillips had played like that he would have been massacred. Nothing about him impressed me....
  • Options

Thought he was very poor yesterday - if Phillips had played like that he would have been massacred. Nothing about him impressed me....

I think that is harsh.

he made mistakes which I agree Philips would have been slaughtered for but "very poor" is too much IMO
  • Options
    edited August 2017
    Yes I'm very concerned, luckily I'm pretty sure I could have kept Bristol Rovers out yesterday but when we face tougher tests he could be a liability.

Let's hope it was just first game nerves and I doubt he'll be dropped for the Plymouth game, although if Phillips does well on Tuesday it could make things interesting.
  • Options

I think that is harsh.

he made mistakes which I agree Philips would have been slaughtered for but "very poor" is too much IMO
    If he's our No 1 for the season then I hope yesterday was a blip.
  • Options

I think that is harsh.

If he's our No 1 for the season then I hope yesterday was a blip.
    Me too. That's wasn't a league 1 winning performance and other sides would have punished his mistakes but it was one game.
  • Options
    Cant say i was over impressed with him yesterday but lets see if he improves. Phillips looks the better option at the moment however.
  • Options
    He can only improve from that
  • Options
    Think we have a problem in the keeper department. Players like Martin won't sign just to play second fiddle and we can't loan out Dillon until we get a second keeper in. Phillips needs to play a full season somewhere, preferably League Two, as sitting on our bench won't help him at all. We really need to sign a Shay Given/Paul Robinson type who will be good back up if called upon but content to sit on the bench and push the first choice in training. I wonder if the terms of Amos loan mean he has to play if fit?
  • Options
    I hope Dillon can get a club at League 2 level . I find it interesting that David Martin hasn't signed anywhere yet . Maybe there are not any better options out there for him I would offer him a deal until January at least . I understand he lives locally .

I think Amos will improve with games . Both David Button and Neil Etheridge were slated by some on here and only played a handful of games for us . After playing regularly for Brentford and Walsall respectively they are both playing in the Championship this season for Fulham and Cardiff .