Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

Gritt v Curbs Legends game at the Valley (Powell's back...)

Comments

• Options
    Gutted, will be moving my daughter into Bath Spa uni that day,also first game of the season in local junior leagues.
  • Options
    I'm all over this - going to be a great day. Nice bit of nostalgia and a chance to remember what makes Charlton special.

Despite recent events it always has and always will be a unique club
  • Options
    edited July 2017
    Unfortunately I'll be hob nobbing with the great and good of Bollywood trying to persuade them that buying a 3rd division football club IS a really good idea.
  • Options
    Dansk_Red said:

Could be one of the biggest crowds of the season.

This all day long

Big crowd to support CACT and respect the players of yesteryear. I'm sure any significance will be lost on the bungler and the liar but if we're all in red, ideally pre regime, kit, it will look much like the Valley regularly did 3 and a half years or more ago. What chance the egomaniacal nightmeire can remain hands off and be prevented from influencing which explayers/managers grace the valley's pitch?
    Remember folks don't spend a penny at the ground unless they pledge all match day proceeds to the cause.
  • Options
    Will be there for that, wonder how old everyone will look?
  • Options

Would be good to fill it as a protest game. Show them that we can turn it on and off as we like

No.
    Show her how it was and how it can be.

• Options

Would be good to fill it as a protest game. Show them that we can turn it on and off as we like

No.
    Show her how it was and how it can be.

Exactly my point in my earlier post, humble pie and shame her for past decisions
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    this looks great. if anything is going to get me to the Valley this season this may be it
  • Options
    Swisdom said:

It's a cact day.

Not a stage to protest

I think the actual idea is to make it an anti protest match. I personally will be attending to show my support and as an added bonus to show RD & KM that I still care about our club and I am ready to go back to The Valley again when things change for the better i.e. When they go!

• Options
    would be nice if katrien wasnt in attendence or a certain member of the parkes clan, unfortunately they will be, as will i as i've said before we was here before them and will be long after they've fucked off.

do think this season we will see more of, " just get behind the team " " robbo is trying". fortunately i wont have to listen to much of it as i wont be at the valley for many league games and the so called fans that spout that sort of stuff don't really voice it at away games.

actually looking forward to the season i've even had a tenner on us to beat exeter and bristol 4.84/1
  • Options
    Is Pardew playing?
  • Options
    edited July 2017
    Crusty54 said:

Crusty54 said:

Maybe one stand could be nominated a protest stand and we fill that whilst all the others are sparse!

Is there any chance that protests could be left at home and remember that the day is to raise money for a good cause that we should all support. A once and for all chance to see our heroes from yesterday.

Fill all the stands.
    The protest I am proposing would not be vocal or have any actions but be symbolic and would increase the attendance and raise more money for the good cause - Our heroes can still be enjoyed. If the protesters filled one stand, then the non protesters could try to fill the others and do their bit. Just a thought!

Crusty54 said:

Maybe one stand could be nominated a protest stand and we fill that whilst all the others are sparse!

Is there any chance that protests could be left at home and remember that the day is to raise money for a good cause that we should all support. A once and for all chance to see our heroes from yesterday.

Fill all the stands.
    The protest I am proposing would not be vocal or have any actions but be symbolic and would increase the attendance and raise more money for the good cause - Our heroes can still be enjoyed. If the protesters filled one stand, then the non protesters could try to fill the others and do their bit. Just a thought!
    Please put any protest out of your mind. The game is to raise money for a charity. Not the time.
    I have made a suggestion that would make more money for charity. I have not suggested chants or demonstrations. Just the symbolism of having a full stand. It is just a suggestion of course! Why is a way of not making more money for charity not in your mind I have to ask?
  • Options
    By God, some people on here need to stop over thinking things...

Regime Supporters after a pre-season win: "Looking good for the season! Support the team!"

Boycotters: "Meaningless pre-season friendly"

Regime Supporters after a pre-season defeat: "You can't take anything from a meaningless pre-season friendly."

Boycotters: "We're going to be relegated!"

Here's a thought. Why doesn't EVERYBODY get off their respective high horses, and just go along to the game?

For a very good cause, and an opportunity to watch some of your heroes of yesteryear. Oh, and in case you hadn't noticed, this is REALLY a meaningless game. Won't add to the teams fitness for the league. Won't add or take away from the points total. And has no injury impact on the squad.

Just enjoy it!
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    Wow.
  • Options
    I was already excited about this but I'm getting towards fever pitch
  • Options
    Have just purchased 3 tickets. Looks like West Stand Lower again only. I expect this to be sold out pretty quickly.
  • Options
    bellz2002 said:

Have just purchased 3 tickets. Looks like West Stand Lower again only. I expect this to be sold out pretty quickly.

Surely not West Lower only?
  • Options
    edited August 2017

bellz2002 said:

Surely not West Lower only?
    I noticed this... With the Charity Match in the summer that sold out I'm wondering if the club are being a bit pedantic and dont want to see a sold out Valley for a legends game like this when they cant sell out a regular game.

Really hope that isnt the case and they open more stands as and when demand rises