Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

Flag, Flagged and Flagging?

124»

Comments

• Options

Not had one yet...

You have now, disgraceful!
  • Options
    edited July 2017

Not had one yet...

You have now, disgraceful!
    He only needs 9 more for a CL pin badge.
  • Options
    I seem to have 24 flags against me and having reviewed all of them, would not take a single post back.
  • Options

Macronate said:

You do realise flags are bad.
    Yeah, but I just want to be edgy like @Raith_C_Chattonell :disappointed:
    We can exchange flags if you like.

Call me a name.
    Macronate
    I hate my username, was tempted to flag.
  • Options
    edited July 2017

I think this topic has come up before, I've put a search in but it hasn't brought the original post, just where the words above have been highlighted. Anyway apologies for bringing it up again.

I've had 3 flags against me for a few years now and it hadn't really bothered me, until now.

Looking at my comments that were flagged, 2 could be fair enough because I was being, if you like, critical of another person. I used the word "Mug" in one instance and "Merchant" in another, so as I said, probably fair enough.

The third flag, was regarding my post about our National Anthem and that in my opinion it is shite. I also compared this to how Charlton were playing at the time. This though is just my humble opinion, can someone really take offence, and it's deserving of a flag, apparently so.

So, sorry stig, I know you don't like people starting off with that word, at least I'm sure it's you, flag me if it's not.

Is there adjudication by the moderators on whether a flag is in order, as if;).Do they remain a blemish on my CL CV for life?

As someone whose never given out a flag and if it's just a case of people giving them out willy nilly regardless, then I would suggest, those who do, watch out, the inner flag in me is about to be unleashed!

You probably won't get a visa to enter the US with 3 flags.
  • Options
    What's the record for flags on a single post?

I once got 5 for slating Jim Davidson.
  • Options
    I got lots once... It was a stupid comment I made r.e Danny Green.

I got a lot more when I slated London and said it was an awful city... (It's not awful, it's just not the best city in the world as people were saying...)
  • Options
    Dazzler21 said:

I got lots once... It was a stupid comment I made r.e Danny Green.

I got a lot more when I slated London and said it was an awful city... (It's not awful, it's just not the best city in the world as people were saying...)

Yes it is :wink:
  • Options

I've got two flags. One was for telling a joke on the joke thread :disappointed:

And the other was for moaning about getting a flag for telling a joke on the joke thread. :neutral:

And the third?
  • Options

You better ask Bexley Boy!
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    I've just got 2........although only 1 shows up in my profile for some reason?!?

The one I can see was (I think) from Leuth for a comment I made re the people filmed nicking the water from the London marathon a few years back.
  • Options

You better ask Bexley Boy!
    8 i got the other night.
  • Options
    Just posted my first ever flag, cos I genuinely think a mod should edit it. Sorry @SantaClaus I will remove it but you're going to upset some Thrones fans if that comment remains in place.
  • Options
    JiMMy 85 said:

Just posted my first ever flag, cos I genuinely think a mod should edit it. Sorry @SantaClaus I will remove it but you're going to upset some Thrones fans if that comment remains in place.

I can't view the thread I'm afraid as I'm only on series 3 !!!

No spoilers in the tv : film threads please guys

• Options
    I've only handed out 1 flag in all my time on here and the geezer was gone. Banned for life. You've been warned...
  • Options
    My record is 5 for one post. I am so proud!
  • Options

I seem to have 24 flags against me and having reviewed all of them, would not take a single post back.

I have 21 and agree with you. You give an opinion or retort to an arse and get a flag. So what.
    I don't bother flagging anything anymore it's just puerile as nothing is done.
  • Options
    Stig said:

iainment said:

I have 21 and agree with you. You give an opinion or retort to an arse and get a flag. So what.
    Sometimes offending posts are edited or deleted.
    Sometimes offending posters are privately contacted and reminded of the rules of engagement.
    Very occasionally offending posters are suspended or banned.
    Sometimes flags adjudged to be frivolous are removed.
    But for the most part we crack open another bottle of Veuve Clicquot or Irn Brew (depending on preference of the Duty Mod at the time), add another strike to the tally in the bogs here at Moderation Towers and put it all down to experience.

So do you let the flagger or flaggee know? I put a comment recently, not a flag, about kicking a woman. The original post and mine disappeared. I wasn't told why. Why not?
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    edited August 2017
    iainment said:

Stig said:

iainment said:

Sometimes offending posters are privately contacted and reminded of the rules of engagement.
    But for the most part we crack open another bottle of Veuve Clicquot or Irn Brew (depending on preference of the Duty Mod at the time), add another strike to the tally in the bogs here at Moderation Towers and put it all down to experience.

So do you let the flagger or flaggee know? I put a comment recently, not a flag, about kicking a woman. The original post and mine disappeared. I wasn't told why. Why not?
    Maybe because this isn't his job, it's done for the benefit of the community, in people's spare time. (or not so spare time, I imagine)
  • Options
    iainment said:

Stig said:

iainment said:

Personally, I never get back to the flagger and tell then what I've done. It'd be nice, but life's to short. We're all volunteers and, perhaps surprisingly, all have lives outside of Charlton Life. That's why it's so annoying that there are so many pathetic flags for petty disagreements. It wastes our personal time. If you quoted something potentially offensive then I would probably have removed that along with the original - I can't say that other mods would do the same though. It can vary, partly because different mods may take a different approach, partly because it depends on what's posted, what's quoted and how likely it is that it's already been seen. Rightly I wrongly, I tend to be tougher on new posts, than something that's been hanging around for a while. With the best will and guidance in the world, it's still a judgement call on whoever is modding at the time. We'll never get it 100% right, but I think the mods here can be pretty pleased with the jobs they do.
  • Options
    P.S. As it happened @iainment, it was me that removed that one. I felt tat the original post was offensive and I thank you for drawing our attention to that, but there's no point deleting a post and leaving it up for all to see in someone else's quote.
  • Options
    Stig said:

P.S. As it happened @iainment, it was me that removed that one. I felt tat the original post was offensive and I thank you for drawing our attention to that, but there's no point deleting a post and leaving it up for all to see in someone else's quote.

I understand that but a recognition would be nice. Or a restatement of what flags are for and their removal if they don't fall within the site's policy.
  • Options
    Stig said:

iainment said:

I've got about 10 of them, plus a couple more on this post no doubt
  • Options
    Stig said:

iainment said:

Toilet humour, no place for it on here, surely that deserves a flag?
  • Options
    edited August 2017
    I've always thought that the flag button turns grown men into bitchy little school girls. If you're a regular flagger you really need to get a grip.
  • Options

I've always thought that the flag button turns grown men into bitchy little school girls. If you're a regular flagger you really need to get a grip.

I think some people on here think a flag affects their credit rating
  • Options

I think some people on here think a flag affects their credit rating
    Good job it doesn't cos I'd be fucked for a loan thanks to you ;-)