Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

Flag, Flagged and Flagging?

Comments

• Options
    @sillav nitram I didn't flag you. As it happens I agree with you about the national anthem. Offending flag removed.
  • Options
    RedChaser said:

No offence intended, but it amazes me how seriously some people take this sort of stuff. people being offended by people marking a flag against them is one of the most popular things out moderators get contacted about.

What is the purpose of the Flag option?

- primarily it is a way of highlighting content that fails the term or conditions of acceptable usage. ie if someone is being racist, or offensive or threatening to the degree they might potentially get themselves or this site in trouble, or OTT in the personal abuse of a fellow member. There is an undetermined line, but I think it is quite clear to most when it has been crossed

- it is a way that if any seriously bad content was added it can be resolved quickly and without the need for a moderator to be online and aware, as they is an auto trigger that if a post gets a certain number of flags, it gets removed from public view

- it's a way that if we are ever unsure about whether to allow a user to remain a member following an 'incident', it's helpful way to see what previous 'form' they may have

- It is not to be used if someone posts something that you strongly disagree

It's not perfect. Its childishly misused when people get in personal spats, and particularly with finger scrolling on phones, it's easy to hit accidentally. but it does serve a form of purpose.

If ever we notice flags that are inappropriate, our mods remove them. But it's not something they actively do (because everyone has better things to do with their time!) and if you've got a rogue or two flag against your name, it means nothIng I can assure you.

We explained usage of it when it was introduced, perhaps we should be doing reminders of that more frequently

Hope that helps

Can you remove my 35 then please.
    I see mine is still in force, I've told you blackmail for free beer will get you nowhere so give it up :smirk: .

Anyway what's good enough for the likes of Henners, Fanny and Canters is good enough for me :wink:
    Buy me an apology beer at Bradford and I'll remove it.

I was very upset with your insulting comment that prompted the flag.
  • Options

Talal said:

I got flagged for saying Ola Jordan isn't all that.... by a moderator. But it's my one and only and we've grown close.

You shouldn't be flagged for that, you should be flogged.
    Haha I stand by it! No make up on I'm a celeb, she looked very average.
  • Options
    One particular poster has flagged me 4 times yet I have never responded to one of his posts and he has never responded to one of mine.
    Weird
  • Options
    MrLargo said:

Never flagged anyone. I didn't even flag people who were critical of Chris Powell's management, even though they are clearly idiots and deserve to be flagged. I'm just too nice, too tolerant and too much of a great bloke to waste my life grassing people up to the moderators.

On the flipside, I've received 4 flags. 3 of them were for the same post, in which I expressed a somewhat critical (but entirely accurate) depiction of the people of Liverpool (this was before that fat bullshitter turned up in our dugout and proved I was right). The other flag was given out in jest, not that I was amused.

I'm not vindictive, but I know who the culprits are, and one day they will have to deal with the consequences of their foolishness.

go for it..
  • Options

RedChaser said:

No offence intended, but it amazes me how seriously some people take this sort of stuff. people being offended by people marking a flag against them is one of the most popular things out moderators get contacted about.

- primarily it is a way of highlighting content that fails the term or conditions of acceptable usage. ie if someone is being racist, or offensive or threatening to the degree they might potentially get themselves or this site in trouble, or OTT in the personal abuse of a fellow member. There is an undetermined line, but I think it is quite clear to most when it has been crossed

- it is a way that if any seriously bad content was added it can be resolved quickly and without the need for a moderator to be online and aware, as they is an auto trigger that if a post gets a certain number of flags, it gets removed from public view

- it's a way that if we are ever unsure about whether to allow a user to remain a member following an 'incident', it's helpful way to see what previous 'form' they may have

It's not perfect. Its childishly misused when people get in personal spats, and particularly with finger scrolling on phones, it's easy to hit accidentally. but it does serve a form of purpose.

If ever we notice flags that are inappropriate, our mods remove them. But it's not something they actively do (because everyone has better things to do with their time!) and if you've got a rogue or two flag against your name, it means nothIng I can assure you.

We explained usage of it when it was introduced, perhaps we should be doing reminders of that more frequently

Hope that helps

Can you remove my 35 then please.
    I see mine is still in force, I've told you blackmail for free beer will get you nowhere so give it up :smirk: .

Anyway what's good enough for the likes of Henners, Fanny and Canters is good enough for me :wink:
    Buy me an apology beer at Bradford and I'll remove it.

I was very upset with your insulting comment that prompted the flag.
    Eh? It was merely a statement of fact that you weren't attending home games :innocent:
  • Options

One particular poster has flagged me 4 times yet I have never responded to one of his posts and he has never responded to one of mine.
    Weird

Perhaps he once to be your friend!
  • Options

Hope that helps

So why can't you flag a moderator's post you hypocrite !
    Another flaw in the system. They are the worst
  • Options

Hope that helps

Can you not take away your moderators title, I have been dying to give you one!
  • Options

Hope that helps

eek!
  • Sponsored links:

• Options

Hope that helps

Filthy beast.
  • Options
    edited July 2017

Hope that helps

eek!
    A flag, you dirty minded individual.
  • Options

Hope that helps

To be honest AFKA I'm not taking it seriously and in truth I don't give a toss if someone flags me.

I think from now on I'll see it as a "Badge of Honour"

But I have decided to become vindictive and vengeful!
  • Options

Hope that helps

Phew, I was expecting a ban :wink:
  • Options
    edited July 2017

Hope that helps

Phew, I was expecting a ban :wink:
    A ban should go to the person responsible for your sole flag!

Mr Covered End, the voice of reason and a balanced arguement.
  • Options
    Still think the flags I received for posting a picture of a cream cracker were a travesty of justice. I'm still sore.
  • Options
    Sorry, wrong button
  • Sponsored links:

• Options

I've got 36 and almost all of them issued by sasanachs

• Options
  • Options
    I have but 3
    1 from PL54 (guffaw)
    1 from Smudge for calling Gove a c**t.
    1 from ooo..Jaaaay..ooo - I have no idea what for.
  • Options
    Stig said:

@sillav nitram I didn't flag you. As it happens I agree with you about the national anthem. Offending flag removed.

@Stig, I know it wasn't you, thanks for removing the injustice.
  • Options

I have 109 flags against me! Not one of them deserved. If admin are offering this service can I request that each one of these flags be reviewed and removed in order to restore my good CL name? Perhaps the trainee moderator could do it. On second thoughts maybe not.......I will probably end up with more flags!

• Options

I've got 36 and almost all of them issued by vegetarians and vegans

It won't be me. I have never flagged anybody or any post.
  • Options
    Dassler21 gave me my one and only flag for calling dogs highly strung shit machines.
    I hate the stinking, money sapping, irritating, garden destroying, substitutes for real friends.
  • Options
    I've got 15, 5 of which were for saying I used to like the old white palace top with the diagonal stripes.
  • Options

Dassler21 gave me my one and only flag for calling dogs highly strung shit machines.
    I hate the stinking, money sapping, irritating, garden destroying, substitutes for real friends.

It's that trigger happy rage of his which makes @Dazzler21 undoubtedly the most disliked mod by far. His jealousy of @i_b_b_o_r_g growing popularity is his other main issue.