Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

Massive

Comments

• Options

Fuck all else to do in Sheffield though, innit.

Exactly.
  • Options
    edited July 2017
    Cost of living cheaper up north.
    Speaking to a couple from Bradford on holiday last November asked how come lots of northerns go away games.
    He said wages not as bad as you think he said they earned roughly £50000 a year between them and the mortgage was £75000 on thier 3 bed.
    Met up with them in thier boozer booze in December £1 a bottle of stella
  • Options

Who cares ?

I do !!

That's maaasive support , we really are leagues apart !

I'd love for us to have decent support but the flip side to that would be the constant crying about allocations and getting a ticket , once a year at most we may sell out a small allocation and the tear drops that occur are beyond a joke , imagine if we supported a team with proper away followings .

Unbearable amount of 'Sit down' threads we'd have every other week
  • Options
    PopIcon said:

I'd have to say, in my experience. Sheffield Wednesday fans are bigger bell ends than Leeds United fans.

Totally agree been up there a few times and recently, and on each occasion, there were some dickheads trying to cause some sort of aggro on Charlton supporters. Even had it coming home as unfortunately I have to travel through London with away supporters.
  • Options
    edited July 2017
    If you're from Sheffield, its the glamorous pull of Preston.
  • Options
    clb74 said:

Speaking to a couple from Bradford on holiday last November asked how come lots of northerns go away games.
    He said wages not as bad as you think he said they earned roughly £50000 a year between them and the mortgage was £75000 on thier 3 bed.

I bet it had an outside toilet and no electricity though.
  • Options
    bit unusual but i dont mind some parts of up north the promotion season we drove to a lot of away games and we had a lot of northern sides i remember getting lost on the way to preston and ended up in the lake district, nice part of the country then we stopped in probably the freindliest pub ive ever been in for lunch was a very good day.
  • Options

another club that has good support but again majority of fans ive met are twats are burnley, will admit though haven't done that many , but England away games its mainly the northern teams supporters there and a smattering of southern clubs. marseille there was one pub that Leeds must of had 25/30 flags up outside some of them even london based flags.

Then got torn down when the Russians arrived.
  • Options
    clb74 said:

That was not a boozer, that was somebody's living room.
  • Options
    When you compare out away support to clubs like Watford and QPR you can see how ridiculous some of these comments are.
  • Sponsored links:

• Options

another club that has good support but again majority of fans ive met are twats are burnley, will admit though haven't done that many , but England away games its mainly the northern teams supporters there and a smattering of southern clubs. marseille there was one pub that Leeds must of had 25/30 flags up outside some of them even london based flags.

Then got torn down when the Russians arrived.
    millwall run them.
  • Options
    i do wish our away support was better but echoing the thoughts of some, when we do have a big turn out, and some behaviour is worse ( more people that wouldnt usually attend ) its the usual ott reaction on here, gillingham last year being the most recent i can remember. that sort of stuff goes on at leeds and wednesday games week in week out.
  • Options
    Perhaps a middle ground were our away support was good enough to not be an embarrassment (perhaps that would prove a point to potential investors) but not be sold out each week. Should be achievable under the current circumstances.
  • Options

clb74 said:

I bet it had an outside toilet and no electricity though.
    Still more than what you get in Bromley
    75000 gets you a Wendy house
  • Options
    Croydon said:

Who cares ?

I do !!

That's maaasive support , we really are leagues apart !

I'd love for us to have decent support but the flip side to that would be the constant crying about allocations and getting a ticket , once a year at most we may sell out a small allocation and the tear drops that occur are beyond a joke , imagine if we supported a team with proper away followings .

Unbearable amount of 'Sit down' threads we'd have every other week
    Bovril shares would be through the roof
  • Options
    Always thought they've had an incredible away support but like all of Yorkshire, they are unfortunately a bunch gobshites!

Special mention to Pompey on the away numbers theme too.
  • Options

Talking of massive. 9k Rangers fans at Hillsborough today and 9k Celtic fans at Sunderland yesterday.

So,
    18,000 manky copies of The Big Issue and hundreds of cheap lighters...
  • Options
    They still lost 5-1 to Stevenage
  • Sponsored links:

• Options

Talking of massive. 9k Rangers fans at Hillsborough today and 9k Celtic fans at Sunderland yesterday.

That looks like the home end at Hilsborough, what's all that about?
  • Options

Looks like the side to me, with the lino on the half way line.
  • Options

Looks like the side to me, with the lino on the half way line.
    Course it is, I can see it's a side now. Thanks
  • Options
    Thought the same as you Esm before I looked a bit harder
  • Options

That is the stand to the left of where we sit.
  • Options

Demand was larger than the Leppings Lane.
  • Options
    not knocking the support at all as its fantastic and looks good, but rangers, a lot of english club fans would of attended aswell, celtic is more just scottish fans as dont know of many english clubs that are associated with celtic, apart from liverpool?
  • Options
    What's depressed me about this thread is the bit early on about 550k people living in Sheffield.

Of all the places to live. Why? There's all that choice. Even if you didn't want to go too far, there's Chesterfield which is about a million times better and only a 10 minute drive away. How confusing is it that Sytner has a BMW dealership in Sheffield? What is the profile of a person who can afford a BMW but still wants to live in Sheffield?
  • Options
    Outside of London, Sheffield is probably favourite city for beer. So many excellent places and affordable too.
  • Options
    PopIcon said:

Outside of London, Sheffield is probably favourite city for beer. So many excellent places and affordable too.

Kelham Island.