Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

Dave Berry

Comments

• Options
    edited July 2017
    Stig said:

cafcofficial have re-tweeted it though.....so surely it's nothing too dramatic (from our perspective anyway) ?!?

It will be to do with the 25yr anniversary is my educated guess.
    To celebrate 25 years of his magnificent ownership, Old Man Duchatelet would like to buy all season ticket holders a waffle...

Noo!!!!!!!! Oh what a terrible dream.
    What........... all six of them!
  • Options
    sam3110 said:

That would be me :smiley:

Top man !
  • Options
    Sterling work, that man.
  • Options

sam3110 said:

That would be me :smiley:

You should be handed the Keys to the Valley then!!

Dont know if I prefer the "Spotty Virgins in Black" or "Soppy Melts" line
    "Spotty Virgins in Black" is better.

"Soppy Melts" sounds like he's been watching too much Love Island.
  • Options
    Brilliant announcement Dave. Proper excited for the new season now
  • Options
    Nothing to do with the announcer but something cool nonetheless.
  • Options
    What's going on ??
  • Options
    Swisdom said:

More raves in the Millennium Lounge?
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    Swisdom said:

New Ice baths at training ground
  • Options

Swisdom said:

MrOneLung said:

Swisdom said:

How did you guess - Ice bath raves in the Millennium with DJ Davey B spinning the wheels of steel as DJ Kitty Kat does shout-outs to her favourite fans
  • Options
    Swisdom said:

Swisdom said:

MrOneLung said:

Swisdom said:

How did you guess - Ice bath raves in the Millennium with DJ Davey B spinning the wheels of steel as DJ Kitty Kat does shout-outs to her favourite fans
    The last bit won't take long.
  • Options
    Heard about this last night, still think it's odd that Gritty and Curbs aren't the managers...... I reckon Gritt will still be able to play to a reasonable standard, think he's going to run rings around Mr Curbishley in midfield!

• Options
    This will attract the biggest crowd of the season, I reckon ..
  • Options
    Pedro45 said:

Bolder, Humphrey, Webster, Rufus, Powell, Gritt, Parker, Jensen, Walsh, Robinson, Leaburn

versus

Kiely, Mills, Youds, Fortune, Bowen, Bowyer, Kinsella, Curbishley, Grant, Hunt, Mendonca

Good start but I think there might be some bigger names announced

• Options
    _MrDick said:

Do you think so?

I suppose a lot will depend on ticket pricing. Personally never been a massive fan of non-competitive games where the result doesn't mean anything (no need for the Charlton related follow up jokes...)
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    Swisdom said:

Pedro45 said:

Bolder, Humphrey, Webster, Rufus, Powell, Gritt, Parker, Jensen, Walsh, Robinson, Leaburn

versus

Kiely, Mills, Youds, Fortune, Bowen, Bowyer, Kinsella, Curbishley, Grant, Hunt, Mendonca

Traoré?
  • Options
    Davo55 said:

Good idea and great line ups. Would really like to see a big, big crowd for this - especially as all the proceeds go to the community trust and not Duchatelet.

It's a winner in my eyes and good funds for the trust.
  • Options

_MrDick said:

Do you think so?

I suppose a lot will depend on ticket pricing. Personally never been a massive fan of non-competitive games where the result doesn't mean anything (no need for the Charlton related follow up jokes...)
    I agree, I can't see massive numbers for this but am happy to be proved wrong. Either way the trust are doing OK this year, £105k from the sideman game.....

Rufus playing, that's a surprise after the last few years! Some great names there,
  • Options

Swisdom said:

Pedro45 said:

versus

Traoré?
    That's not bigger, must be Achampong
  • Options
    Rob7Lee said:

_MrDick said:

Do you think so?

I agree, I can't see massive numbers for this but am happy to be proved wrong. Either way the trust are doing OK this year, £105k from the sideman game.....

Rufus playing, that's a surprise after the last few years! Some great names there,
    As long as he hasn't offered to invest the money from the game.

I assume none of the other players have been affected by Rufus's investments, whereas inviting back Steve Jones might be more awkward...
  • Options
    Pedro45 said:

versus

Be great to see Claus, Robinson and Super Clive!

• Options
    Poor old Rufus , tried punting with people's money and lost !
    Investments can go up as well as down a bit like Charlton !
  • Options
    Fumbluff said:

Swisdom said:

Pedro45 said:

versus

Traoré?
    That's not bigger, must be Achampong
    El Karkouri
  • Options
    Pedro45 said:

versus

Like it, but surely Steve Brown instead of Mills, and I'd have Minto over Bowen. Without trying to turn it into a "name your favourite side" exercise, Luke Young -
    Premier League captain and 7 England caps, doesn't seem to get the recognition he deserves. I'd find a space for Mortimer and Nelson as well.