Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

BBC Salary Controversy

Comments

• Options

colthe3rd said:

How the hell is Chris Evans worth at least 2.2 million a year. Graham Norton 900k. Ridiculous waste of money.

Regardless of what you personally think of both they pull in very high listening/viewing figures. Surely that's the point?
    Sums up the British viewing/listening public then. Norton isn't even funny.
    Or have you considered that you just don't do humour?

Hugely entertaining presenter with a vast skill set (including humour) that makes his chat show streets ahead of anything else that's currently on tv (subjective of course).
    Of course i have humour, but i wonder what the country sees in him, i assume you are talking about norton now. Same feeling i used to get when i looked at uk pop charts and compared it with the usa chart.
  • Options
    and now the ones that are on the pittence of 150k a year are going to sue the bbc. joke of a situation tbh, lifes not fair get used to it.
  • Options

and now the ones that are on the pittence of 150k a year are going to sue the bbc. joke of a situation tbh, lifes not fair get used to it.

Life's not fair, pull your socks up and work harder, are obsolete phrases in recent years mate, we're all victims!
  • Options

Life's not fair, pull your socks up and work harder, are obsolete phrases in recent years mate, we're all victims!
    Put on a proper suit, do up your tie and sing the national anthem... :lol:
  • Options
    I enjoy stealing it
  • Options

You don't have to pay the licence there is no way they can access your property to get the evidence they require to prove your watching tv

Fuck the licence

There is and they do.
  • Options
    The bit that I think is the worst is where you have presenters doing exactly the same and having huge wage differences.
    Like how on earth is John Humphreys worth multiples of what his colleagues get for doing the same job.
    Especially as his idea of an interview is to stop conversation so he can show how clever he is. Or not.
  • Options

I enjoy stealing it

Oh so there is stuff worth watching then?

• Options
    edited July 2017
    iainment said:

The bit that I think is the worst is where you have presenters doing exactly the same and having huge wage differences.
    Like how on earth is John Humphreys worth multiples of what his colleagues get for doing the same job.
    Especially as his idea of an interview is to stop conversation so he can show how clever he is. Or not.

Because he is the one interviewer who scares the politicians, as he always asks the awkward questions. I read recently that the Today editor on seeing how relieved a major politician was on hearing Humphries wasnt scheduled to interview him, immidiately switched the plans so that Humphries WAS interviewing him.
  • Options

Yet Jeremy Clarkson was said to be worth every penny.

Clarkson pulls more viewers that Lineker, whether you like him or not, and I can't stand the bloke
  • Sponsored links:

• Options

I enjoy stealing it

The only thing that used to be worth watching was the National Anthem and they even done away with that now, so I just used to leave it on in the back room with the sound off, safe in the knowledge that I was stealing from the BBC every minute of the day.

• Options

This thread is hilarious, the amount of spittle you must be wiping off your keyboards... Great entertainment from the usual suspects! Thanks. :lol:

http://newsthump.com/2017/07/19/multi-millionaire-daily-mail-editor-directs-public-anger-towards-bbc-stars-who-earn-fraction-of-his-salary/

Oh the irony
  • Options

Not really bothered what BBC employees earn. What gives me the hump is having to pay for a service that I don't use. Should either show adverts or make it a subscription channel. Would be interesting to see how many people would sign up.

The commercial companies do not want the BBC to take adverts because the BBC would corner the market.

You pay for ITV, Sky, etc. whether you use them or not by buying anything that's advertised on those channels. The point about paying for the BBC out of public funds is that it does a job for the public good, and it promotes Britain's position in the world. There are lots of places where the local media is in the hands of the state and the people listen to the BBC for real, unbiased, news.
    Sorry, "media are". Hangs head in shame.
  • Options

I enjoy stealing it

The only thing that used to be worth watching was the National Anthem and they even done away with that now, so I just used to leave it on in the back room with the sound off, safe in the knowledge that I was stealing from the BBC every minute of the day.

I bet you're the sort of person who used to record programmes you didn't like on your video recorder, then play them back when yu weren't in.
  • Options

I enjoy stealing it

Because it's like, totally not progressive.
  • Options

I enjoy stealing it

Do they play their anthem on the French TV? You could listen to that.
  • Options

I enjoy stealing it

Plenty especially as it's free
  • Options
    Don't buy a TV licence. They'll only spend the money on drugs.
  • Options
    edited July 2017
    iainment said:

I enjoy stealing it

French are allowed to be proud of their heritage and National anthem mate
  • Options

This thread is hilarious, the amount of spittle you must be wiping off your keyboards... Great entertainment from the usual suspects! Thanks. :lol:

http://newsthump.com/2017/07/19/multi-millionaire-daily-mail-editor-directs-public-anger-towards-bbc-stars-who-earn-fraction-of-his-salary/

Oh the irony
    I think you are getting mixed up between amusement and anger mate. :smiley:
  • Sponsored links:

• Options

iainment said:

I enjoy stealing it

I was just asking. I like the Marseillease (sp), great piece of music with brilliant words. Be happy if the Beeb played that ;-)

By the way Radio 4 signs off every night with God save the Queen.
  • Options
    Nothing like the woke right getting their knickers in a twist
  • Options

I enjoy stealing it

Ok then remind me again, what is your reason for not paying the license fee?

• Options
    edited July 2017
    Whether you want the national anthym played or not, I'm not sure how relevant it is to the thread. It used to be played at the end of programming, but it just carries on now!
  • Options
    iainment said:

iainment said:

I enjoy stealing it

I was just asking. I like the Marseillease (sp), great piece of music with brilliant words. Be happy if the Beeb played that ;-)

Does it? I thought it signed of with a far superior piece of music: Sailing By.
  • Options
    Stig said:

iainment said:

iainment said:

I enjoy stealing it

Love Sailing By. Isn't it played before the shipping forecast?
  • Options

I enjoy stealing it

Ok then remind me again, what is your reason for not paying the license fee?

My wife pays it and you only need 1 per house

• Options

Stig said:

iainment said:

iainment said:

I enjoy stealing it

Love Sailing By. Isn't it played before the shipping forecast?
    Fantastic piece of music. Perhaps it should be our national anthem and we could all calm down a bit.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=dFdas-kMF74
  • Options
    edited July 2017
    Maybe we should all follow this example?
  • Options
    Good on all of them, his isn't football where we have emotional attachments to these people. In this instance I can happily stand back and say, hand on heart. "Fair play for pulling that amount of cash in" as opposed to "you greedy fucking twunt, you earn xxxx for slicing passes and pussying out of challenges"

I have no axe to grind with the BBC. I'm a bit fucked off about the government making me and my compatriots work until we are 68 before being able to draw 50 quid a week and make the decision on whether I starve or freeze to death when winter comes calling though. Fucking shiny faced horse fiddlers, I'd glady take one of them cunts out for a day doing my job and see how they'd feel about still having to do it at 50 let alone 68. Fucking wankers