Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

BBC Salary Controversy

Comments

• Options
    I can understand why people are upset about the amount of money they are being paid, but the BBC need to pay competitively as they will easily get paid 3 times more with ITV, Channel 4 or SKY.

In regards to the pay gap, that definitely needs to be addressed, Chris Evans is not worth that amount of money at all.
  • Options

if only there were other radio stations to listen to ;)

LBC and talk radio.
    You'd have to brain dead to listen to LBC....
    Don't respond to this, Chippy, on the grounds that it may incriminate you ;-)
  • Options

what i find "laughable" is that Theresa may features on this thread.

If she's the new Antiques Roadshow presenter the BBC can go fuck themselves!
  • Options
    edited July 2017
    They dont pay competitively you end up with;

the bbc is wank what are we paying tv licences for.

They pay somewhat competitively you end up with;

the bbc is wank what are we paying all this money in licence fees so they can pay them that.

it doesnt really bother me, im not a tv presenter or an actor so i cant really comment on how good/bad the pay is.

the constant moaning everytime, something happens and its the current governments fault is becoming v v v v v boring.

maybe ill just stick to the football threads :smile:

• Options

I can understand why people are upset about the amount of money they are being paid, but the BBC need to pay competitively as they will easily get paid 3 times more with ITV, Channel 4 or SKY.

In regards to the pay gap, that definitely needs to be addressed, Chris Evans is not worth that amount of money at all.

You don't need to pay such high wages for a job that can be done with little or no training - how the f*** can a newsreader command 500k or somebody 400k to do a mediocre radio chat show. There are loads of people capable of doing these jobs for lower salaries and the programs wouldn't suffer.

There may be a handful of presenters whose personality is such that they command an audience but the vast majority are replaceable.
    So much b***shit is spoken about their skills.

• Options

the bbc is wank what are we paying all this money in licence fees so they can pay them that.

it doesnt really bother me, im not a tv presenter or an actor so i cant really comment on how good/bad the pay is.

the constant moaning everytime, something happens and its the current governments fault is becoming v v v v v boring.

Good post.

Look at the uproar when the Football league Show was lunched, most of which was aimed at the presenters. You pay peanuts you get monkeys.
  • Options

LBC and talk radio.
    Its where you get unbiased reporting and opinion unless it's jsmes o brien.
  • Options

Good post.

Look at the uproar when the Football league Show was lunched, most of which was aimed at the presenters. You pay peanuts you get monkeys.
    my point exactly

• Options

I'm shocked Russia and Trump haven't had a mention to be honest.
  • Options

I'm shocked Russia and Trump haven't had a mention to be honest.
    watch this space............................
  • Sponsored links:

• Options

LBC and talk radio.
    Haha O'Brien, he stubbed his toe one the front room door and blamed the daily mail once.
  • Options

LBC and talk radio.
    Haha O'Brien, he stubbed his toe one the front room door and blamed the daily mail once.
    Lol agreed...
  • Options

LBC and talk radio.
    There is no such thing as unbiased reporting - its impossible. LBC hardly aims for it....
  • Options

LBC and talk radio.
    Fucking Daily Mail - that's why I broke my tow yesterday!
  • Options
    Saga Lout said:

LBC and talk radio.
    Fucking Daily Mail - that's why I broke my tow yesterday!
    Why, were. You fighting to gert a copy.
  • Options
    If the alt-right on here hate James O'B then he's doing a good job.
  • Options
    Fiiish said:

• Options
    edited July 2017

Fiiish said:

Perfectly describes you considering you labelled everyone who disagreed with you in the last thread you reared your head in a terrorist sympathiser.
  • Options
    Fiiish said:

Fiiish said:

Perfectly describes you considering you labelled everyone who disagreed with you in the last thread you reared your head in a terrorist sympathiser.
    I labelled those terrorist sympathisers who labelled me as the next Hitler, which kind of exposes the daftness of such accusations, two wrongs don't make a right but at least you understand now.
  • Options
    The alt-right aren't Hitler. For one thing they wish they had one-eighth of his cunning, charisma and leadership
  • Sponsored links:

• Options

LBC and talk radio.
    There is no such thing as unbiased reporting - its impossible. LBC hardly aims for it....
    Listen to it then.
  • Options
    Don't see the fuss myself and hats of to the short curly haired girl from 1970's Grange Hill who is the highest paid actress.

My only surprise really was the actors/actress levels, I thought they'd be higher. Thought you'd get someone on eastenders or similar on more.
  • Options

Fiiish said:

Fiiish said:

I labelled those terrorist sympathisers who labelled me as the next Hitler, which kind of exposes the daftness of such accusations, two wrongs don't make a right but at least you understand now.
    Actually you labelled people who disagreed with you on your ideas for anti-terror legislation as terrorist sympathisers and then told me to go speak to the parents of those killed in the attack because you think they'd agree with your agenda. Not sure you understand anything to be honest.
  • Options
    Fiiish said:

Fiiish said:

Fiiish said:

Actually you labelled people who disagreed with you on your ideas for anti-terror legislation as terrorist sympathisers and then told me to go speak to the parents of those killed in the attack because you think they'd agree with your agenda. Not sure you understand anything to be honest.
    Maybe I did Fish I'm not thread trawling to agree or disagree with you, however I will say I was probably angry at the site of such atrocities at the time which is understandable.

But let's stick to the thread topic for once eh, and don't be so daft as to label anyone who sees a political talk show host differently as yourself as "alt right" or any other petty shutdown of debate attempt names.
  • Options
    well a lot of people seem to like his show (I dont listen to it)

What was the chat to music ratio when Wogan did it ?
  • Options

Jeremy Vine on £700,000 to £750,000 a year? Wtf

Would that be for Eggheads, his BBC2 radio show or his unbelievably bias election presenting?

All of them, the figures are from BBC's last financial report and are the totals paid to said individuals in said period - what for is not enumerated.
  • Options
    edited July 2017

Fiiish said:

Fiiish said:

Fiiish said:

Maybe I did Fish I'm not thread trawling to agree or disagree with you, however I will say I was probably angry at the site of such atrocities at the time which is understandable.

But let's stick to the thread topic for once eh, and don't be so daft as to label anyone who sees a political talk show host differently as yourself as "alt right" or any other petty shutdown of debate attempt names.
    If we're sticking to the thread topic then remind me which BBC channel employs James O'B to justify your and Chippy's whinging about him?
  • Options
    Fiiish said:

Fiiish said:

Fiiish said:

Fiiish said:

If we're sticking to the thread topic then remind me which BBC channel employs James O'B to justify your and Chippy's whinging about him?
    I guess it relates to the topic as a comparison to BBC radio.
  • Options

If you seriously think some of these overpaid "stars" would double or treble their salaries by leaving the BBC and going elsewhere you are
    mistaken. Do you really think Sky would pay Shearer over a million for his incisive comments?