Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.

Womens Euro 2017

Comments

• http://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/football/41336557

inappropriate and unacceptable behaviour in a previous role
  • Yeah but nothing about shagging a 16yr old that's way fucking different

• Thread enters The Predictable Zone.
  • Daggs said:

Daggs said:

I have no idea as to the truth or otherwise of the allegations. But I am deeply disappointed with Aluko. She should have handled her concerns privately with Sampson.
    It smacks of bitterness for being dropped and a hunt for compensation.

Yes that would have worked. No problems with racism in football are there? Let's blame her instead.
    Racism? Or snowflake generation?

Anyway as recently stated by 'daddy pig' Sampson has been sacked for some issue while at Bristol.
    How convenient.

Aluko has articulated her concerns clearly and Sampson comes across as a cockhead. The FA response to problems is just to pretend they don't exist.

Gareth Thomas did a documentary about homophobia in football and this was yet another issue the FA tries to ignore.

• edited September 2017
    Daddy_Pig said:

He was sacked for a safeguarding "issue" whilst manager of Bristol Academy.

Language from the FA appears to suggest he had a relationship with a player which has allowed them to sack him. The FA categorically state he broke no laws so one assumes the girl in question is at least 16.

Not sure why you've even mentioned that

• http://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/football/41326806 - In 2014 there were concerns raised about Mark's time at Bristol Academy. These were investigated by the FA's safeguarding unit and Mark was cleared in terms of his suitability to continue in football in early 2015.

So why is he now not suitable to continue his role after being cleared in 2015?

The FA are a fucking joke!!
  • Daddy_Pig said:

Language from the FA appears to suggest he had a relationship with a player which has allowed them to sack him. The FA categorically state he broke no laws so one assumes the girl in question is at least 16.

Maybe it's because when you hear, 'Incident while at academy' the mind naturally wanders.
  • Uboat said:

Daddy_Pig said:

Maybe it's because when you hear, 'Incident while at academy' the mind naturally wanders.
    Fair enough, but surely the 1st sentence:

"The FA categorically state he broke no laws"

makes the 2nd sentence unnecessary
  • Uboat said:

Daddy_Pig said:

Uboat said:

Daddy_Pig said:

Fair enough, but surely the 1st sentence:

"The FA categorically state he broke no laws"

makes the 2nd sentence unnecessary
    Yes you're right but as Uboat says but if you're not paying attention and saw that that Mark Sampson is sacked for having a relationship with a player of Bristol Academy then the wrong conclusion is easy enough to come to
  • Daddy_Pig said:

Wtf I haven't seen anything even remotely to suggest that

Do you have a link
    Here you go

https://talksport.com/football/mark-sampson-sacked-england-womens-head-coach-170920255315
  • Sponsored links:

• Daddy_Pig said:

Daddy_Pig said:

Wtf I haven't seen anything even remotely to suggest that

Do you have a link
    Here you go

https://talksport.com/football/mark-sampson-sacked-england-womens-head-coach-170920255315
    Well that does certainly leave it open question

This will roll and roll
  • I think he'll try to sue for unfair dismissal. This could get messy
  • At least this has got people interested in women's football.

Just picking on him because he's white, Welsh and likes the odd bit of racist banter. We need to set up a Facebook campaign on his behalf.

What's the world coming to?

You let blacks into the English team and this is how they repay you by complaining.... Bunch of snowflakes.
  • edited September 2017
    good idea mate let us know when u have set the page up
  • good idea mate let us know when u have set the page up

We need to back Sampson to stand up for the decent majority in this country. The PC Looney liberal elite are ruining the country for us whites - you can't make a joke these days without somebody taking offence.

On the Buses and Love they neighbour would never get made these days.

I hope he does... Its a bloody circus

Every investigation he's been involved in he's been cleared and this could seriously damage women's football as any male coach might now have reservations about being involved in the female game in case this happens to them
  • "I got dropped because of racism" people are up in arms

"I don't have a job because of foreign migrants" people are up in arms.

People develop defence mechanisms. No one wants to blame themselves.

The fact is a lot of you would have probably read at least one of the above statements and nodded at one whilst shaking your head vigorously at the other.

The truth is often somewhere in the middle. One things for sure, you can't tell me that people don't seek to blame others for their own shortcomings.

This guy was somewhere between "overfamiliar" and racist, I have seen plenty of chat at work, even in very corporate environments, where if you were to type it out in text without any context, you could look very, very bad.

Context is everything. You could say something to me today, that we could be fine with and laugh at, but once I have a reason to dislike you, could give me ammo to destroy you.

I think he'll try to sue for unfair dismissal. This could get messy

Just picking on him because he's white, Welsh and likes the odd bit of racist banter. We need to set up a Facebook campaign on his behalf.

What's the world coming to?

You let blacks into the English team and this is how they repay you by complaining.... Bunch of snowflakes.
    Genius, satire at its best...
  • Sponsored links:

I hope he does... Its a bloody circus

Every investigation he's been involved in he's been cleared and this could seriously damage women's football as any male coach might now have reservations about being involved in the female game in case this happens to them
    Exactly - men are just being picked on by women and particularly black women. There's no problem with racism and sexism in football as most middle aged white men who work in the FA will tell you.

• The story would become very interesting if some England players decide to retire from international football.

With the celebration for the opening goal a couple of days ago the players were still behind him.
  • Forgive me but could someone please give me the new/modern definition of the word Snowflake. I feel so out of touch.
  • http://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/football/41326806 - In 2014 there were concerns raised about Mark's time at Bristol Academy. These were investigated by the FA's safeguarding unit and Mark was cleared in terms of his suitability to continue in football in early 2015.

the main issue is surely that Sampson was accused of racism ..
    nowadays just an accusation, albeit not proven, against an employee of a high profile organisation, causes near panic within that organisation .. 'how can we spin this, what can we do?' ..
    the media and pressure groups were going to keep chewing on the racism bone on the basis that there is no smoke without fire or perhaps no joke spoken without 'evil' intent .. the easy way out of this potential ghastly mess for the FA was to sack Sampson and the problem would disappear .. this is what they have done .. but the mess will not just disappear

'Guilty' or not, Sampson is now very damaged and undesirable goods

the main issue is surely that Sampson was accused of racism ..
    nowadays just an accusation, albeit not proven, against an employee of a high profile organisation, causes near panic within that organisation .. 'how can we spin this, what can we do?' ..
    the media and pressure groups were going to keep chewing on the racism bone on the basis that there is no smoke without fire or perhaps no joke spoken without 'evil' intent .. the easy way out of this potential ghastly mess for the FA was to sack Sampson and the problem would disappear .. this is what they have done .. but the mess will not just disappear

'Guilty' or not, Sampson is now very damaged and undesirable goods
    The FA have screwed up as usual and why they are now acting on a report that they've had for some time doesn't make sense. Their investigation into the racism allegations was amateurish to say the least and didn't resolve anything - they can't really be trusted to do an independent investigation.

There is now an obvious split amongst the players and bad PR for the FA which is meant to promote the game.

Sampson was never really cleared effectively due to the ineptitude of the investigation - when any organisation investigates itself it invariably doesn't find fault. Reading up on how the racism allegations were investigated doesn't suggest to me that the FA were fit to run it - there seems to be a lot of ill feeling left in the women's game.

The FA seems to have many of the same failings as FIFA and doesn't appear to be fit for purpose.

• The FA hasn't been fit for purpose in years
  • I'm hearing that the investigations into racism didn't involve interviewing the alleged victims. Anyone know if that's true? If it is it's bizarre.
  • Uboat said:

I'm hearing that the investigations into racism didn't involve interviewing the alleged victims. Anyone know if that's true? If it is it's bizarre.

According to what I've read they didn't interview all the relevant people - the investigation comes across as a shambles.

It all sounds very amateurish but no doubt those in charge are blameless.
  • The FA hasn't been fit for purpose in years

Spot on NLA. They're just a microcosm of FIFA.
  • FA covering Tranmere's Super White Army banner.

Absolutely pathetic from them. FA are being hit hard on social media from the left and right of the political spectrum. Quite an achievement actually.

http://www.bbc.com/news/uk-england-manchester-41337127