Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

Womens Euro 2017

Comments

• Options
    There is literally nothing the men's team can learn or take note from this.
  • Options

Winning a knockout game is surely one?!

Isn't it something like 2 knockout wins in over 20 years for the men's team?
  • Options

How to fight for the shirt and not play like a bunch of strangers whilst (in some players cases) wishing you were on holiday?
  • Options
    The skill levels were poor in some cases but they were determined and well organised. The thing that stands out for me that needs improving is the decision making and composure, but they did cover each other well. If I was the FA I would set up a female goalkeeper school as the thing that has struck me is how technically poor they are. A great goalkeeper is going to massively improve your team.
  • Options
    Good to see them through. Concur with an earlier comment about the foul by our keeper that wasn't even picked up on. Struggled to string two passes together and find any real composure though (other than the goal). They are better than that.

What was really refreshing was to see players just get up and get on with it without any histrionics or moaning. For instance, if Jill Scott (no:4) had dived in on a bloke like that he would have completed 3 triple slachow's and a back flip whilst waiting for his air ambulance!! It's one area of the game that pro-men could certainly take something from.

PS: Not very sporting to not exchange shirts at the end though!!
  • Options
    The standard of the football is shit.

Do I want England to win?, of course.

Do I want to sit and watch 15th tier equivalent football - no I dont.
  • Options
    http://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/football/40787983

It turns out Karen Bardsley actually broke her leg in the QF match, I'm amazed she tried to continue playing for so long!
  • Options
    I don't mind watching it. The general standard has improved but it is still fairly average if you ask me.

What is it with the goalkeepers though? They are shocking.....even Thuram would laugh at them flapping at the most innocuous of situations.
  • Options

I don't mind watching it. The general standard has improved but it is still fairly average if you ask me.

What is it with the goalkeepers though? They are shocking.....even Thuram would laugh at them flapping at the most innocuous of situations.

Had it explained to me once, that its the quality of coaching for women keepers, also not being full time means they don't get the work required out of game time. Watch goal keeping below pro level, its pretty piss poor in the mens game.
  • Options
    I caught a corner in my last game. Always well chuffed when I manage that
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    edited August 2017
    Rothko said:

Had it explained to me once, that its the quality of coaching for women keepers, also not being full time means they don't get the work required out of game time. Watch goal keeping below pro level, its pretty piss poor in the mens game.
    My son is a keeper and it is much more technical than people think. Coaching is so important and that is why the mega rich FA could further women's football success in the future by focusing on training for promising girls.
  • Options
    Get within 30 yards of goal, simple pass on, go for the lofted through ball, goal kick. Rinse, repeat
  • Options
    Dutch have definitely fouled us in the box twice there though. Proper refereeing would be nice
  • Options
    edited August 2017
    Yes, 2 of them definite pens. Are you allowed to do that in womens football? Disagree about passing more- we need to be direct as we are being. Thought our keeper was too near the near post for the goal, should have been central. Bronze looks good, don't rate Bright at all! I'd bring on somebody a bit more physical than Williams to bully them a bit.
  • Options
    Williams is a hangover from a previous, less able phase of women's football, if that doesn't sound too rude. But then, she's playing instead of Jill Scott, who doesn't seem much better. Midfield seems to be our glaring weakness
  • Options
    edited August 2017
    Loved the kick off routine after conceding.

4 players on the right of the centre circle; ball passed back from kick off; 4 players all charge forward; ball lumped up to the rough area where the 4 players ran into; possession lost!! Quality, real Sunday morning stuff ala 1970s.
  • Options

Loved the kick off routine after conceding.

4 players on the right of the centre circle; ball passed back from kick off; 4 players all charge forward; ball lumped up to the rough area where the 4 players ran into; possession lost!! Quality, real Sunday morning stuff ala 1970s.

Play to your strengths
  • Options
    Our left side is a complete shambles ffs
  • Options
    get White off, she's completely useless
  • Options
    Holland panicking a bit defensively, need to get more bodies in there.
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    What the hell was that?
  • Options
    Looks funny seeing one player with a face full of makeup. Maybe got her dates mixed up.
  • Options
    Thought we might falter here after watching first 10 mins and sadly looks like we are going to.
    Come on England you need a quick response here.
  • Options
    A hangover from a previous, much, much less able phase of women's football
  • Options
    2-0..
  • Options
    I'd get Parris and Duggan on and push Bronze up.
  • Options
    BBC live updates... sums up English football!

• Options
    Excuse me - how was that not a penalty!!!
  • Options
    Stonewall penalty.
  • Options
    She went off her feet a bit early but player was diving into her!