Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

Womens Euro 2017

Comments

• Options

3blokes said:

Denmark did really well last night.
    If we can get past France tonight, you have to fancy our chances a bit here.

Actually the Denmark v Germany game was postphoned due to bad weather so they moved it to Sunday (today) lunchtime.

England v Denmark would be a good game. It wouldnt be a walk in the park for England that's for sure.
    If we win we play the Netherlands.
    Denmark England final then. :-)
  • Options
    England can't string two passes together ffs
  • Options
    Some of this game awareness is pathetic. England are MUCH more powerful than France - they should be storming through them - but they are always, ALWAYS choosing the wrong pass, the wrong option. France are much less imposing player for player, but they are at least choosing good options. This is as graphic an indictment of the English way as I've seen in a while.
  • Options
    Almost as I type, our left-wing fouls our left-back, ceding a throw. It's awful
  • Options
    Fucking moron challenge from our number 4, could have been red. This is garbage
  • Options
    Fran Kirby must be wondering what on earth she's done to deserve this crowd of idiots behind her
  • Options
    Would you describe them as headless chicks, then? :wink:
  • Options
    England seem rather all over the place so far. Hopefully a better half to come from them.
  • Options
    They should start by getting rid of this Sampson joker and bringing in a real manager
  • Options
    Bet you anything they sub off Kirby and bring on another lump
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    Oh good, our number 4 (who should have been sent off) misses the next game if we get through
  • Options
    Lucy Bronze is also a proper footballer. Cuts through the bullshit that is both teams' midfields and sets up a goal
  • Options
    1-0 England
  • Options
    England's keeper then concedes a penalty (not given) and then injures herself making a routine save. I despair
  • Options
    We seem to be good at being solid without doing anything spectacular and then nicking a goal.

Remember in the World Cup we were like that too.

• Options
    Leuth said:

England's keeper then concedes a penalty (not given) and then injures herself making a routine save. I despair

Not an advocate of equal pay for women in this instance @Leuth?
  • Options
    It's a bit hang on for dear life eh!
  • Options
    Come on ladies!
  • Options
    Holding a corner in the corner when there are still 5 minutes plus injury time left is...baffling
  • Options
    AshBurton said:

Leuth said:

Ummmmm...I mean it should probably be equal tbh, but this is still shit
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    Leuth said:

AshBurton said:

Leuth said:

Ummmmm...I mean it should probably be equal tbh, but this is still shit
    Fair enough
  • Options
    And.................we're throoooooooooough!
  • Options
    Well it was scrappy at times but they did it, good on them :smiley:
  • Options
    The USA, Japan and Brazil will all be watching this with a smirk tbh
  • Options
    Poor quality. Nervy finish. Where did 6 minutes extra time come from? But we're through...
  • Options
    Fair play to the girls for getting the win but as a game of football that was f@cking awfull!
  • Options
    Two tense teams both terrified of making a mistake does not equal a decent spectacle.

Taylor is clinical when given a chance and that was the difference.
  • Options
    A tense finish, was listening on the radio in the car, and spent much of the extra time crawling through the Blackwall Tunnel with no signal!
  • Options
    The quality of the game was immaterial - the result was everything. Sampson has done a magnificent job of creating a team spirit/bond that sees them fight tooth and nail for each other. The men's team/manager should take note
  • Options
    Leuth said:

The USA, Japan and Brazil will all be watching this with a smirk tbh

Why what round can we meet any of them in?

Brazil's womens team haven't been any good for a while now, only reached the last 16 of the world cup and were pretty poor in their home Olympics.