Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

Elliot and Randolph Competing to be #1 Keeper

Comments

• Options
    Also for the Rep of Ireland.
  • Options
    Isn't Darlow number one there?
  • Options

It's says in the article that Darlow could be heading for Middlesbrough!
  • Options
    Good news. We can have the one who ends up as the number 2 on loan for a year.
  • Options
    edited July 2017

Neither Darlow or Elliott seem to be secured No.1 up in Newcastle

i.e. the season that Newcastle got relegated, Elliott was getting ahead of Darlow in the Premier League, he then got injured right before Euro 2016 meaning he missed a huge part of the Championship last season which allowed Darlow to step up.

i.e. Elliot made his return from injury in February yet was stuck on the bench for the last three games

https://www.transfermarkt.co.uk/rob-elliot/leistungsdaten/spieler/39037/plus/0?saison=2016
  • Options

Neither Darlow or Elliott seem to be secured No.1 up in Newcastle

i.e. the season that Newcastle got relegated, Elliott was getting ahead of Darlow in the Premier League, he then got injured right before Euro 2016 meaning he missed a huge part of the Championship last season which allowed Darlow to step up.

i.e. Elliot made his return from injury in February yet was stuck on the bench for the last three games

https://www.transfermarkt.co.uk/rob-elliot/leistungsdaten/spieler/39037/plus/0?saison=2016
    was captain for the cardiff game though
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    Randolph > Elliot > Henderson (14/15) > Hamer
  • Options
    Heard Thuram is coming in too... So these two will be battling it out to be number 2.
  • Options
    Sounds promising I'll be greedy and say both would be great if a tad optimistic.
  • Options
    I see Randolph has ended up in the North East but signed for Middlesbrough for £5m.

Good luck Darren.
  • Options
    I wouldn't mind trying to Rob Elliot on a season long loan being that experienced keeper now at 31. Be great for Dillon, Jordan and Ash to learn from.
  • Options

I wouldn't mind trying to Rob Elliot on a season long loan being that experienced keeper now at 31. Be great for Dillon, Jordan and Ash to learn from.

He's in with a good chance of being first choice in the premier league . Why would he come back ? Evidently I'd welcome it- great guy
  • Options
    sam3110 said:

Oh happy days when we had two goalkeepers

Remember the days when we had 3? Kiely, Andersen and Mhyre
    Remember the 0-0 up at Liverpool....great performance from Mhyre.
  • Sponsored links:

• Options

He's a Premier League goalkeeper. Not going to happen.
  • Options
    edited July 2017
    Was Conor Ripley the Keeper on loan at Oldham? He was pretty decent up at there ground if i remember right would be happy with him.
  • Options
    Since Elliot left Charlton he has made 49 first team appearances in 6 seasons , Randy has made 270 in 7 seasons
  • Options

Since Elliot left Charlton he has made 49 first team appearances in 6 seasons , Randy has made 270 in 7 seasons

Really interesting stat. Randolph had 5 seasons when he was first choice at Motherwell and Birmingham, whereas Elliot has never really been first choice since he left us

Indeed, it's a pattern with our former keepers. Elliot, Hamer, Pope all left to be 2nd/3rd choice keepers elsewhere.

David Button by contrast has really progressed, by playing regularly for Brentford and now Fulham
  • Options

Was Condor Ripley the Keeper on loan at Oldham? He was pretty decent up at there ground if i remember right would be happy with him.

I've heard he flies through the air

• Options
    wmcf123 said:

He's in with a good chance of being first choice in the premier league . Why would he come back ? Evidently I'd welcome it- great guy
    I'd be very surprised if Elliott gets more than a handful of games this season. Although I do agree we have little/no chance of signing him.