Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

*CLOSED*FUNDRAISER: Shirt auction in aid of Greenwich & Bexley Community Hospice

Up for auction to help raise funds for Greenwich & Bexley Community Hospice, a 2005/2006 season signed Joma Charlton shirt. The auction is in support of the fund-raising event being held at the White Swan, Charlton Village this coming Saturday, 22nd July.

The shirt has been signed by Alan Curbishley, plus the majority of the 2005/2006 the first-team squad, including; Matt Holland, Dean Keily and Chris Powell. There are 25 signatures in total.

It is a short-sleeved shirt, size medium and is in perfect condition; - it still has the original tags attached.

Starting bid is £40.00.

Usual rules apply, please only bid if you have the funds and intend to pay. Auction ends at 5.00 pm on Friday 21st July, bids received after the deadline will not be valid.

Winner to collect from Blackheath area, or to meet postage costs.

I'd just like to say a big thank you to @HantsAddick, who very generously donated the shirt

Comments

• Options
    £100
  • Options
    Nice bid Dave
  • Options
    I hope it raises a good price but why would anyone want a signed shirt? What do you do with it?
  • Options
    iainment said:

I hope it raises a good price but why would anyone want a signed shirt? What do you do with it?

Donate to a good cause? Seriously, I have many and they mostly hang in a wardrobe, but wear them occasionally.
  • Options
    You put it in a frame and put on a wall, in your study, bar, man cave. Etc.
  • Options
    Pico said:

As I missed the war; got free school milk; saw Stuart Leary; paid no tuition fees; house value rocketed; reasonable pension; was at Wembley May 98; maybe in time for a cure for dementia and will be dead by the worst of climate change.........

£ 200

Hope they find the cure soon.....1st world maybe but 2nd....... come on....... you were at least evacuated surely....

As I was milk monitor :wink: saw the late Tommy Caton; didn't know what tuition (fee's) were; ditto house values; have a state pension i'll never see as they'll just keep moving the retirement age; was at Upton Park for the Anglo-italian cup to see us lose to Pompey with 1,852 other fools and am solely responsible for my gas guzzlers causing climate change.......

£225.
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    Pico said:

As I missed the war; got free school milk; saw Stuart Leary; paid no tuition fees; house value rocketed; reasonable pension; was at Wembley May 98; maybe in time for a cure for dementia and will be dead by the worst of climate change.........

£ 200

Wanted to like and lol this, but opted for like as it was such a generous offer.
  • Options
    edited July 2017
    Rob7Lee said:

Pico said:

£ 200

Hope they find the cure soon.....1st world maybe but 2nd....... come on....... you were at least evacuated surely....

As I was milk monitor :wink: saw the late Tommy Caton; didn't know what tuition (fee's) were; ditto house values; have a state pension i'll never see as they'll just keep moving the retirement age; was at Upton Park for the Anglo-italian cup to see us lose to Pompey with 1,852 other fools and am solely responsible for my gas guzzlers causing climate change.......

£225.
    The same for this wanted to like and lol, but have to like another generous offer, well done guys. Keep it up!
  • Options
    Congratulations @Rob7Lee

Thanks for supporting
  • Options
    Thanks @Rob7Lee - really very generous.

I think it might be simplest if you can pay by donation here https://www.justgiving.com/fundraising/john-barnes8 - that way the Hospice might also benefit from gift-aid.

Let me know if this suits you.

Thanks again, and a big thanks to @HantsAddick for donating the shirt for auction
  • Options

Thanks @Rob7Lee - really very generous.

I think it might be simplest if you can pay by donation here https://www.justgiving.com/fundraising/john-barnes8 - that way the Hospice might also benefit from gift-aid.

Let me know if this suits you.

Thanks again, and a big thanks to @HantsAddick for donating the shirt for auction

No worries, yes if I donate on the just giving page looks like gift aid so they will benefit from that (extra £56.25).

Just done and all paid, so thats good the charity gets over £280.

The shirt will be going to the museum, if you can't get it there or to Henry I can collect from Blackheath?
  • Options
    Brilliant!

I'm happy to deliver to the museum next time it's open, if you're ok with that.
  • Options
    That's very generous @Rob7Lee much appreciated.

John, we'll next be open before the Bristol Rovers game but you can drop it off at main reception at the Valley anytime.
  • Options
    Thats all good with me guys :smiley:

thanks all.
  • Options
    I'll deliver it to the museum on your behalf @Rob7Lee prior to the Bristol Rovers game.
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    Congrats on winning Rob, and so pleased it will be at Museum, so I can still see it from time to time.