Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

Ceballos sold to STVV (ed. confirmed)

1234568»

Comments

• Options

So 2 players have left to join STVV with no mention of a fee...

There is a certain similarity with Watt's move to Charlton.
    Did the rat sell standard not long after as well?
  • Options

Did the rat sell standard not long after as well?
    5 months and 18 days after Watt came to us.
  • Options

Roland sold Standard shortly after..
  • Options

So 2 players have left to join STVV with no mention of a fee - not even "undisclosed". Can this be right & allowed under FFP rules ?? Surely it can't be a free transfer - I mean, who in their right mind would let 2 players who are under contract leave for nothing ?? Is there anyway we cam find out. I don't mean the actual figures, as I expect the club would couch this under their usual "undisclosed" regs, but surely we, as supporters, should know if we got a fee for these players.

There's no rule forbidding teams doing bad deals, paying over the odds, selling for a song, etc. If Naby Sarr is paid to play football, good luck to him; if Tex was offered £600k p.a. for 4 years good luck to him; if those are ludicrous propositions from the club, so what? FFP just sets overall threshholds for how the clubs' costs are funded. No, outsiders don't have any enforceable right to find out who cost what or how much the transfer fee generated. We've kinda got used to figures/values being quoted and bandied around. With all the people involved, details, or at least supposed details, often leak out. It's roly's ball and he's free to play with it pretty much as he sees fit - worst luck. Let's just hope that while roly tinkers with the deck chairs his football flagship doesn't run into any icebergs.
  • Options

So 2 players have left to join STVV with no mention of a fee - not even "undisclosed". Can this be right & allowed under FFP rules ?? Surely it can't be a free transfer - I mean, who in their right mind would let 2 players who are under contract leave for nothing ?? Is there anyway we cam find out. I don't mean the actual figures, as I expect the club would couch this under their usual "undisclosed" regs, but surely we, as supporters, should know if we got a fee for these players.

There's no rule forbidding teams doing bad deals, paying over the odds, selling for a song, etc. If Naby Sarr is paid to play football, good luck to him; if Tex was offered £600k p.a. for 4 years good luck to him; if those are ludicrous propositions from the club, so what? FFP just sets overall threshholds for how the clubs' costs are funded. No, outsiders don't have any enforceable right to find out who cost what or how much the transfer fee generated. We've kinda got used to figures/values being quoted and bandied around. With all the people involved, details, or at least supposed details, often leak out. It's roly's ball and he's free to play with it pretty much as he sees fit - worst luck. Let's just hope that while roly tinkers with the deck chairs his football flagship doesn't run into any icebergs.
    Its not the fact that we don't know the fee, but the fact that there may not be a fee at all. I don't know ANY club who would just give a contracted player to another club for nothing, although I've just noticed AKFA has done an updated squad list which shows Ceballos going "on loan"
  • Options
    Scoham said:
    Glad we can subsidize their success.
  • Options
    Scoham said:
    Still wish we somehow had both, would be quality in this division. But oh well, I think once the signings are made, we will have a strong team.
  • Options
    Sage said:

Scoham said:
    Still wish we somehow had both, would be quality in this division. But oh well, I think once the signings are made, we will have a strong team.
    Agreed, would rather them than a fair few of our players. I wouldn't blame Igor if he never plays for us again given how he's been treated. If we get back to the Championship I'd love to have him back. I think he'd be excellent in this system and I think one of Robinson's pre-seasons would get him fitter than he's been since the injury problems. But again, I don't begrudge him not wanting to play for us.
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    edited July 2017
    Thomas Driesen often retweets Charlton stuff, particularly about our players doing well either here or elsewhere, that you could imagine came from his recommendations.. Ceballos, Tex, Igor, JBG etc

He's probably an ok guy, but I can't help seeing it as a dig in our direction. A kind of annoying 'I told you so', that somehow implies it's *our* fault that we are a mediocre League 1 team now, because the players he chose were great after all.
  • Options
    Wasn't Ceballos a Phil Chapple pick ?
  • Options
    edited July 2017

Very possibly. I just find his need to comment on/retweet cafc stuff the whole time a bit annoying.
  • Options

Thomas Driesen often retweets Charlton stuff, particularly about our players doing well either here or elsewhere, that you could imagine came from his recommendations.. Ceballos, Tex, Igor, JBG etc

He's probably an ok guy, but I can't help seeing it as a dig in our direction. A kind of annoying 'I told you so', that somehow implies it's *our* fault that we are a mediocre League 1 team now, because the players he chose were great after all.

He's working on commission.

Every appearance one of his 'finds' he receives a fee, and a bonus for every goal and assist.
  • Options

He was according to Getting to Know the Network.
  • Options
    He said: “ I still follow Charlton, like I do with all my previous clubs

And I still follow you- well on flashscores anyway not in a stalker way
  • Options
    I am glad the link said he still plays for Al-Wakra he hasnt played since October 3rd and hasnt been in their last 16 squads so I was beginning to wonder lol
  • Options
    "Strange but interesting", that sums it up very well, ForeverAddickted.

For me the big contradiction is in the headline:

“I could have kept Charlton in the Championship if I had been fit” – Cristian Ceballos pins blame on board for too many managerial changes in 2015-16 season

If your fitness was the deciding factor, Cristian, then maybe the board isn't to blame. Of course though, the board was to blame. It wasn't so much that they made managerial changes that was the problem though, it was that they kept repeating the same mistake. They'd get rid of a manager that wasn't up to the job (at least with the pathetic level of boardroom support they were given) and replaced him with another manager that wasn't up to the job. It was as if Two Shats felt he could keep rolling the dice until he got it right. Except that by the time he got it right, we'd already been relegated a long time. 
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    Stig said:
    "Strange but interesting", that sums it up very well, ForeverAddickted.

For me the big contradiction is in the headline:

“I could have kept Charlton in the Championship if I had been fit” – Cristian Ceballos pins blame on board for too many managerial changes in 2015-16 season

If your fitness was the deciding factor, Cristian, then maybe the board isn't to blame. Of course though, the board was to blame. It wasn't so much that they made managerial changes that was the problem though, it was that they kept repeating the same mistake. They'd get rid of a manager that wasn't up to the job (at least with the pathetic level of boardroom support they were given) and replaced him with another manager that wasn't up to the job. It was as if Two Shats felt he could keep rolling the dice until he got it right. Except that by the time he got it right, we'd already been relegated a long time. 
    Fair play to admitting he moved to Qatar for the money.
  • Options
    Quite like these random interviews.